NameSilo

Dynadot wants $1 000 000 for my .xyz renewals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sorror

Emerging Markets InvestorEstablished Member
Impact
So I try to renew my .xyz domains that I have registered with them and here's what my shopping cart looks like:

2zrks1v.png

Adding that 1 cent at the end is a nice touch, I'm almost convinced.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
even if 1and1 is giving domain for free I will stay far away from them. they are the worse registry I have so far dealt with. Charging your bank account you as they want.
No way!

It was a joke. You didn't see the smilie? :) But it wasn't a joke that they will accept .xyz transfers for $0.99 :(

•••
Zimbabwean dollars. lmao.

•••
•••
oh wait wait. even better!

Perhaps it is accurate Dollar value POST Obama administration Printing Money to cover USA debt around the world to even out the balance sheets. lol

The Dollar isn't as strong as it use to be ya know? lol

•••
talk to your bank and get some loans. You cant afford to miss ABC domains.LOL

•••
•••
I'm still leery of the new extensions and the 'open' renewal fees... sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

:)

•••
Obviously a bug, but kind of funny.

•••
worth it.. pay it , nice name, i know a stripper by that name :)

•••
Is it premium?
I don't think so.

•••
•••
•••
Check, who knows they may have 99.9999% off coupon, it will come to $0.99

•••
you could register 181,983 (.com) domains for that price at dynadot ($10.99 ea).

•••
It's more a suggestion to avoid the renewal

•••
The replies in this thread is incredible... :/

•••
Probablyyy it simply was meant as a prenewwwal for the next 1 000 000 years (which means the actual error is the time indication of '1 year')??? ?? ?

;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
For the half of the price , i will get them transferred & renewed for you ;)

•••
I feel like they're doing 2 scams for the price of one here.

1 the old bait and switch.
- trying to catch the 4am domainer on autopilot - sees the 2 cents , hits the red button to destroy his year.

2 - The old get em hooked on drugs route
-hopefully an end user is doing great on their site that theyve already pumped thousands into marketing, cant change the name 1 year in type of trickery.

How can they not see though that domainers are their biggest customers, whoelse registers the countless domains every year that dont touch the light of day ever? (who in their right mind is going pay 8 bucks a year to them for 333299djlldsss.com)

•••
I say sell one of those 2 here on NP auctions to raise money to renew the other one.

•••
xyz? Presumably that's their offer to you to take them off their hands...;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back