Dynadot

Dynadot wants $1 000 000 for my .xyz renewals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sorror

Emerging Markets InvestorEstablished Member
Impact
So I try to renew my .xyz domains that I have registered with them and here's what my shopping cart looks like:

2zrks1v.png

Adding that 1 cent at the end is a nice touch, I'm almost convinced.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's probably a bug. Even the .xyz registry wouldn't set prices like this.

there scary thing is that some registrars (e.g InternetX) buy the product first and send you the bill later.

If that had happened you would have got a $2 million invoice these days. Not fun if someones says you owe them $1 million for 1 year of tatyana.xyz

•••
Well what are you waiting on? Pay them!

•••
Yeah, in domaining you need to pay renewal fees. It's a sad truth.

•••
Thank god...you did not put these domains to auto renewal...
Its a system/registrar glitch..contact them to get it solved....or transfer away to other registrar..

•••
•••
Bwhhahahahahah...... that's classic. Hope you disabled auto-renew. :)

•••
For "premium" ngtlds the registry can set "premium renewal" fees. Might be legit;)

There is a "Recommend by namePros" banner on the bottom of the Dynadot page. Wonder how they got that. Can't recall seeing any other registrars being officially recommended by the NamePros forum.

•••
So is that what Google pays to renew their xyz names?

With prices like that a NgTLD registry just needs a few renewals a year to stay in profit.

•••
Renew it! You'll sell it for a 100% ROI to some Russian Magnate

•••
LOL.. that is why I avoid buying super premium domains from Dnynadot :D

•••
I wonder when @KINGOF.TOP gets a $1 billion dollar renewal fee on his billion dollar toptoptoptop.top domain :-D

•••
I wonder when @KINGOF.TOP gets a $1 billion dollar renewal fee on his toptoptoptop.top domain :-D

He can afford it. toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top is, beyond any doubt, worth trillions. :-D

•••
Last edited:
•••
So I try to renew my .xyz domains that I have registered with them and here's what my shopping cart looks like:

2zrks1v.png

Adding that 1 cent at the end is a nice touch, I'm almost convinced.

sounds like a good deal.

go for it

•••
cant you just transfer to namecheap or do you have to pay a million dollars

•••
At this price you should renew them at list for 10 years ...
Maybe next year they increase the price for .XYZ ;)

Last edited:
•••
one word .xyz now officially worth 7 figures.

cant you just transfer to namecheap or do you have to pay a million dollars

i think this one can only be transferred to nameexpensive

Last edited:
•••
I guess next year's renewal price will be $1,000,000,000.01.:xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
Love your feedback guys!

I've now been informed that this was indeed a technical error, so I feel like a million bucks - or even two millions.

•••
That's too much. 1and1 only want $0.99 for a transfer :)

even if 1and1 is giving domain for free I will stay far away from them. they are the worse registry I have so far dealt with. Charging your bank account you as they want.
No way!

•••
I think that's in Japanese yen!

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back