IT.COM

Dynadot vs Namesilo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dynadot or Namesilo which do you prefer?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Dynadot

votes
    34.2%
  • Namesilo

votes
    65.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
the most cheapest .com registrars: 6.99 for a .com

Dynadot or Namesilo which do you prefer?

please vote

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i just bought a .com domain with Namesilo
no idea why..

•••
Haven't bought from Namesilo yet.

Loving Dynadot chat support and simple interface.

•••
Hey I don't know much about both of them..

Yesterday I was trying to buy a domain here...it is listed in Namesilo and I opened an account..but the seller didn't stick to his word and sold to someone else...

After opening an account with Namesilo... I got a call from +256 and shown as Uganda number...jus j rang 2 times..

That is not a verification call...it is definitely some scam related...

I might have known reason if I had called back...

Just wanted to share...

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I have no real preference. The dynadot website is more modern but apart from that they're both top notch!

•••
Both are good, but Namesilo is cheaper

•••
I find the namesilo website navigation a bit prehistoric but then again Dynadot has some weird issued like you need to have a forum identity to push domains and then it uses your real name/city as your username.

Quirky in both cases but I think the NameSilo marketplace has it's draws.

All in all I would be happy in either place but if I had to pick one I would pick dynadot because they are a small company and namesilo was bought out by the big boys, that usually spells trouble as cuts get made to staffing and amalgamations take hold.

•••
•••
you need to have a forum identity to push domains and then it uses your real name/city as your username
But you can change it in one click.

•••
But you can change it in one click.

Hmm, I guess I should have checked on that, I thought it was a security thing to show other members who they were dealing with.

Much prefer business name MapleDots over myrealname_city

Thanks for the update (y)

•••
Quirky in both cases but I think the NameSilo marketplace has it's draws.

This pretty much sums it up for me, as well. I like both.

•••
I have xx or so at each. They both rank the same to me. For what ever reason I like NameSilo better, probably because I am an outdated dinosaur like their interface. I would choose either one over any other registrar.

•••
•••
Many voting for Namesilo at the same time suggesting Dynadot aswell in comments!!
so clearly there is no winner here

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back