IT.COM

DynaDot new checkout cart confusing implies that privacy is being added

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
DynaDot has changed their system so that privacy is no longer something that is added or not added at Checkout - You may change the privacy settings in bulk by going to My Domains > Manage Domains > select all > Bulk Action > Privacy Settings > off , or by selecting individual domains.

It's probably a good idea to do a search (use the filter) to find all of your domains that DO have privacy, to make sure none have privacy where you do not want this.

However, just be aware that the Checkout cart itself, is now a bit confusing and implies that FREE! domain privacy is being added to each domain renewal.

xQdOn5pl.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for bringing the shopping cart error to our attention, I've escalated the problem to our engineers and they are currently working on updating that to have the 'Domain Privacy' flag removed for domain renewals that are not currently private.

In addition to changing the privacy settings in bulk, you can also change your account's default privacy settings by following the steps in our guide here:

How do I set my account to a default privacy type?
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/set-default-privacy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back