IT.COM

Dynadot landing pages fail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I list a domain at Dynadot and park it there with Buy Now.

I click BUY, ..and on the next page Dynadot says:

"your cart is empty".

this happens with more than one domains,
when logged in or not,
with proxy or not,..
not consistently but usually.

Very bad for outbounding.
I tell them Dynadot is great.
And buyers may be coming and .after frustration, leaving.
Even if they feel there is an alternative method,
they would be discouraged with such nonsense error.

Dynadot says everything is ok, but obviously something is wrong.
It may be related to currency rate,..because landing pages depend on
IP and corresponding currency. When currency rate changes,
then cart may be emptied.

Do you experience the same?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Noone else suffers from this?

Dynadot is killing its marketplace business, but they don't seem to care,.if things look ok from their side then everything is ok (and maybe I'm lying).

It was working perfectly.. and now it doesn't,..probably because they changed something recently, and probably it is relatd to currencies. (why not make/keep all in USD?)

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot> Aftermarket>marketplace> Default sort appears> what crap showed up. Didivani.online top hit :barf:
added to cart, went to checkout. No issues here
Something wrong at your end

•••
Dynadot> Aftermarket>marketplace> Default sort appears> what crap showed up. Didivani.online top hit :barf:
added to cart, went to checkout. No issues here
Something wrong at your end
I'm talking about landing pages. Pick a domain parked there, visit it, and click "buy now".. Dynadot says "your cart is empty". What they were supposed to do: add that domain to the cart. They may be adding and simultaneously removing, because "price changes", because of currency rate change,..

If you are connecting from US, all prices are in USD,.. so if "currency rate changes" is the source of the problem, then you won't see the same error, because price of the domain remains fixed in your local currency which is USD.

I don't know the source of the problem, but there was no such problem until short time ago (maybe even until yesterday), and this bug is brand new and it is real. And it is easy to fix,.. "add to cart" function works elsewhere, such as when a domain is searched. Just copy it, and ignore currencies (price everything in USD,.. and can show corresponding price in local currency as a side note ). I don't think Dynadot allows nonUSD prices when listing,.. so why mix local currencies in the code. For example can you say bin price is 1 btc, I don't think so. People are more familiar with USD than English. Can USD collapse one day:.. international dollar will survive, local dollar may be created and can be devalued, and in that case, prices must be in international USD which would be more stable.

@Dynadot

Last edited:
•••
How am i supposed to know what name is using their lander? Pm me an example name and i can verify for you

•••
I came across a domain with a dynadot lander. First time ever. I thought of you @topdom and clicked the Buy Now button and it took me to a page that said Your Cart is Empty!
What a waste of a landing page. Its a fail. All lowercasetoo
Can also confirm I made offer of $8888 and clicked make offer button and nothing happened. Clicked it again, nothing happened. Dynadot for sale landing pages are not working properly, good way to make Dan even better

•••
I came across a domain with a dynadot lander. First time ever. I thought of you @topdom and clicked the Buy Now button and it took me to a page that said Your Cart is Empty!
What a waste of a landing page. Its a fail. All lowercasetoo
Can also confirm I made offer of $8888 and clicked make offer button and nothing happened. Clicked it again, nothing happened. Dynadot for sale landing pages are not working properly, good way to make Dan even better
@Dynadot

You see, I'm not the only person experiencing this problem.
Since this problem is new,..here are the possibilities:
-You added currency conversion in various parts of your system, and this screwed everything (landing pages, prices, cart) (most likely scenario).
-or, you hired an incompetent or unreliable programmer recently
-or, you punished one of your employees, and this is the revenge
-or, you were attacked and you are not aware of it,
-or, you are dependent on someone else's software, and that
software changed something, and that change is not compatible with
other parts of your system.

This problem is easy to fix, why just not do it,..
get back to previous working state, or
remove currencies, change everything to USD, and/or,
copy-paste add-to-cart function to landing pages as BUYNOW button. (remove current buynow button)

•••
Make offer works. I didnt know was a minimum
offer price should be greater than C$12816.01
No BIN
Cant buy it now if buy now button goes to empty cart

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back