Dynadot

question Dynadot.com backorder problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sinh

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I have won the Expired Domain Auction at Dynadot.com and I have paid to this order. Today I have just seen its status "problem" and I have communicated with their staff and he/she told me that I have to wait for 24 hours working time, and they will give a feedback.

I only can accept this failure order if the owner renews this domain, if there are any other reasons I will not accept their problem.

Anyone here has experienced the situation like this? I will let you know what happen to my order in next 24 working hours.

Thank you,
Sinh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Sinh,

I have won the Expired Domain Auction at Dynadot.com and I have paid to this order. Today I have just seen its status "problem" and I have communicated with their staff and he/she told me that I have to wait for 24 hours working time, and they will give a feedback.

I only can accept this failure order if the owner renews this domain, if there are any other reasons I will not accept their problem.

Anyone here has experienced the situation like this? I will let you know what happen to my order in next 24 working hours.

Thank you,
Sinh

Hello,
Although you won the auction, and payed for it immediately => The previous owner has still 1 or 2 days left to renew the domain. If that's the case you get an email from Dynadot and your payment will be reimbursed to your balance at Dynadot. Only if the current/previous owner doesn't renew within 2 days, the domain will be really yours.

•••
Hello,
Although you won the auction, and payed for it immediately => The previous owner has still 1 or 2 days left to renew the domain. If that's the case you get an email from Dynadot and your payment will be reimbursed to your balance at Dynadot. Only if the current/previous owner doesn't renew within 2 days, the domain will be really yours.
Yes, I know that clearly. But this is a different case, the owner hasn't renewed the domain yet but Danydot say "problem" on it's status, I asked them to explain why but they don't have an answer yet

•••
I buy from dynadot expired all the time. Usually after ive paid it sits in processing status for 4 days in which the current owner can renew, however, it doesnt say problem.

If they renew within this time then i get refunded as credit.

•••
I buy from dynadot expired all the time. Usually after ive paid it sits in processing status for 4 days in which the current owner can renew, however, it doesnt say problem.

If they renew within this time then i get refunded as credit.
This is the first time I have seen this (problem) on my order status. Thank you.

•••
I should know more. What domain it is, etc.
I have had sometimes 'problem', because of several things, f.i. not enough money but also reasons I never understood.

•••
Ive seen problem before when regging a .cam domain but not from an expired auction. Very strange

•••
danydot.png

Here is the "problem" on status

Last edited:
•••
•••
With expired auction, there is not any reason to cause failure without renewal from the owner

•••
•••
Hello,

Thank you,
Sinh
Dynadot is one of the only registrar's that allow you to bid on a auction for a domain before it's dropped all the way. I do believe these are only domain's registered with Dynadot but I could be mistaken. That's happened to me several times. As a matter a fact, that was the reason I joined NamePros.

I paid for a domain I won on auction and the registered owner paid for it at the last minute. I Googled the owners name and it lead me to a conversation here where someone else asked, "who the heck is this guy? He owns twenty thousand domain names..."

Long story short this company uses a fake name and transfers names out to whatever registrar has the cheapest deal at the time. I don't bid on auctions much anymore. I just "watch" them and then if they don't renew or won then I'll register them. This process has saved me a small fortune in purchases which I deemed poor judgment later. I have a tendency to surf the internet on Ambian and that would include checking out Dynadot's dropping domains and wantonly bidding anything that seemed to amuse me.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot is one of the only registrar's that allow you to bid on a auction for a domain before it's dropped all the way. I do believe these are only domain's registered with Dynadot but I could be mistaken. That's happened to me several times. As a matter a fact, that was the reason I joined NamePros.

I paid for a domain I won on auction and the registered owner paid for it at the last minute. I Googled the owners name and it lead me to a conversation here where someone else asked, "who the heck is this guy? He owns twenty thousand domain names..."

Long story short this company uses a fake name and transfers names out to whatever registrar has the cheapest deal at the time. I don't bid on auctions much anymore. I just "watch" them and then if they don't renew or won then I'll register them. This process has saved me a small fortune in purchases which I deemed poor judgment later. I have a tendency to surf the internet on Ambian and that would include checking out Dynadot's dropping domains and wantonly bidding anything that seemed to amuse me.
Thank you for your sharing, I have one more story about Danydot. The domain that I have won it has't been renewed by the registered owner but Danydot say its status "problem" and seems that they want to keep it and don't explain why yet. I will open a thread to share to all members what happen in next some days.

•••
Thank you for your sharing, I have one more story about Danydot. The domain that I have won it has't been renewed by the registered owner but Danydot say its status "problem" and seems that they want to keep it and don't explain why yet. I will open a thread to share to all members what happen in next some days.

I would be interested in hearing that for sure.

•••
@Sinh Thank you for posting. Our engineers should have this order fixed up for you first thing in the morning. My sincere apologies for the delay.

•••
@Sinh Thank you again for your patience. Your order is now processing normally.

•••
Hello,

The problem has been fixed and I have just received an email that informed me:
"The order that you placed with us on 2017/03/01 has finished processing.
The domain xxxxx.com will be auction locked for 15 days. Auction lock will be removed automatically after 2017/03/21........."

Thank you @Dynadot a lot, It seems that everything is going on smoothly.

Best Regards,
Sinh

•••
Good to hear that it is sorted

Good luck with your new domain

•••
What was the domain name anyway ?

•••
I'm so glad to hear that! I really like Dynadot. I've had them jump through hoops to help me.

•••
@Sinh You're very welcome. Thank you again for your patience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back