Dynadot

Dynadot.com - Are you serious!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

d-e-x

Top Member
Impact
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 08.53.14.png

Too many changes and you will be like others!
Stop shooting in your own legs please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I brought this up on their official thread. Their search is useless now.

•••
@Dynadot, maybe comment outside official thread, with something more than “email us @“ U dont use customer service phone# like Sav?

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing bot attacks on our domain search page, and our team has had to implement the captcha requirements to prevent these attacks. Our team are relaxing the restrictions when and where possible, and are closely monitoring the situation so they can make any changes as soon as they are able to. Currently, you should be able to perform 4 searches in one minute whilst logged in before seeing the captcha request, and once that has been entered correctly you shouldn't be asked to complete another captcha for 6 hours. If you are seeing the captcha more frequently please let us know by DM, including your Dynadot username, the IP address searched from, and the web browser and version being used and our engineers will be able to investigate that further.

•••
Since the changes on the site it takes multiple tries to put domains in cart and renew them, mostly could renew only 2-3 at a time. (using Chrome)

Last edited:
•••
I attended a zoom meeting with Dynadot. It was productive but I'm surprised to see the recent limit on domain searches. I like them very much, but a few issues are making the site much less efficient and usable.

1. Either change to basic domain search or somehow eliminate the 1 domain search limit.
2. Fix bulk domain renewal process. I have to do it twice for the renewals to get into my cart

Thanks

•••
I'm sorry for the recent issues with the shopping cart, this was reported to our team late last week and should now be fixed. Please do let us know if the issue is still persisting.

We wouldn't be able to remove the captcha requirement from the domain search at this time, unfortunately, but you should be able to search for multiple domains at once when using our bulk search page:

https://www.dynadot.com/domain/bulk-search.html

•••
seriously. I spend thousands with Dynadot every year and the last straw was the catchpa after searching for only one domain. Transferring everything out. The api isnt fast enough to catch domains with anymore anyway. Just another worthless registrar now.

You cant ever even just go to the website and expect its even going to be up and running at all.

Just use Porkbun. Prices are always better, site is super smooth and easy to use.

Porkbun is the new Dynadot

Dynadot is the new Namecheap

Namecheap is the new Godaddy

Last edited:
•••
I am not able to catch any domains with the dynadot API anymore. I'm using DesktopCatcher on my PC.

Logging in to my dynadot account area, page loads hang for about 5 minutes waiting for Google, Facebook and Baidu. This happens with Firefox, Chrome and Brave whether blocking them or not.

After getting logged in, page loads are about 1 minute. Clearing caches gives the same slow loads.

Overall very frustrating and not finding the discounts worth it.

@Grego85 Thanks for the Porkbun heads up!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back