Dynadot

domains Dubai and domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Dubai is the business hub of the middle east and is known for its luxury lifestyle, ultramodern architecture and nightlife.
Being in the domain industry, you just can't ignore the urls even if they are mentioned on buildings. Here are some of the my observations about domain names used in this part of the world, in the last two days that I have been here:

1) .COMs dominate the market here over .ae extension, which I thought would be more popular here. Pharmacy shops, hospitals and private practitioners such as dentist, gynaecologist, orthopaedics etc. mostly use .COMs, as I could see a lot of URLs on buildings and hospitals. So, there is an opportunity for geo domain investors to look into this market.

2) There are a lot of tourists here. Therefore, english is a well known language among common people, though they prefer to speak in Arabic and occasionally, Hindi. English keywords sounds totally fine for the businesses here.

3) Cab and tourism companies are plentiful and popular, and therefore, people owning rental domain names related to this geography have a good chance of getting a fantastic price if they approach the right buyer.

4) People are crazy about cars. You can literally find every high end cars on the streets of Dubai. Sports cars are very popular. A lot of car enthusiasts who visit Dubai go for renting high end cars. Therefore, if you have domain names like Exotic cars, or any other related names, you can get a good price for those, selling it to these service providers in Dubai.

5) There are exhibitions happening throughout the year in Dubai. Owning geo domain names in those category may also help fetch some good price.

6) People are filthy rich here. If they want something, they want it!! Any price, and they will take it. Money is not a matter.

Here are some of the domain names that I came across as advertisements and could recall :

a) During my research about the place, I came across the website VisitDubai.com ranked higher than Dubai.com.
b) Self storage provider TheBoxMe.com.
c) Emirates.com, in the flight.
d) MaiDubaiWater.com, the drinking water service.
e) OSN.com, the television entertainment.
f) TheDubaiMall.com, which is the largest mall in the world by total area.

So, I guess investing in .COM domain names related to this area makes sense. Although I haven't personally sold any domain name to someone from Dubai or Middle East for that matter, but I sure am going to give it a try. Perhaps, people who have had first hand experience buying or selling domain names from/to businesses in Middle East may share their experience and let us know what works and what not.

P.S. The brand name H & M, which is a well known brand, has a showroom in Dubai Mall. One of the glass walls of the shop reads www.H&M.com(I couldn't take the photograph). That makes me wonder if people are actually aware of the domain names. Even big brands such as these which uses HM.com, are making such mistakes('&' is not even a valid character for domain names).

Please share your views, advice, experiences and criticisms, if you have any, related to this.

Thanks!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
TechUAE.com

Last edited:
•••
Dubai/Pods (com)

This would be my only geo name

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Dubai is the business hub of the middle east and is known for its luxury lifestyle, ultramodern architecture and nightlife.
Being in the domain industry, you just can't ignore the urls even if they are mentioned on buildings. Here are some of the my observations about domain names used in this part of the world, in the last two days that I have been here:

1) .COMs dominate the market here over .ae extension, which I thought would be more popular here. Pharmacy shops, hospitals and private practitioners such as dentist, gynaecologist, orthopaedics etc. mostly use .COMs, as I could see a lot of URLs on buildings and hospitals. So, there is an opportunity for geo domain investors to look into this market.

2) There are a lot of tourists here. Therefore, english is a well known language among common people, though they prefer to speak in Arabic and occasionally, Hindi. English keywords sounds totally fine for the businesses here.

3) Cab and tourism companies are plentiful and popular, and therefore, people owning rental domain names related to this geography have a good chance of getting a fantastic price if they approach the right buyer.

4) People are crazy about cars. You can literally find every high end cars on the streets of Dubai. Sports cars are very popular. A lot of car enthusiasts who visit Dubai go for renting high end cars. Therefore, if you have domain names like Exotic cars, or any other related names, you can get a good price for those, selling it to these service providers in Dubai.

5) There are exhibitions happening throughout the year in Dubai. Owning geo domain names in those category may also help fetch some good price.

6) People are filthy rich here. If they want something, they want it!! Any price, and they will take it. Money is not a matter.

Here are some of the domain names that I came across as advertisements and could recall :

a) During my research about the place, I came across the website VisitDubai.com ranked higher than Dubai.com.
b) Self storage provider TheBoxMe.com.
c) Emirates.com, in the flight.
d) MaiDubaiWater.com, the drinking water service.
e) OSN.com, the television entertainment.
f) TheDubaiMall.com, which is the largest mall in the world by total area.

So, I guess investing in .COM domain names related to this area makes sense. Although I haven't personally sold any domain name to someone from Dubai or Middle East for that matter, but I sure am going to give it a try. Perhaps, people who have had first hand experience buying or selling domain names from/to businesses in Middle East may share their experience and let us know what works and what not.

P.S. The brand name H & M, which is a well known brand, has a showroom in Dubai Mall. One of the glass walls of the shop reads www.H&M.com(I couldn't take the photograph). That makes me wonder if people are actually aware of the domain names. Even big brands such as these which uses HM.com, are making such mistakes('&' is not even a valid character for domain names).

Please share your views, advice, experiences and criticisms, if you have any, related to this.

Thanks!!

Got most of them ... let me know if you are interested in any

dubaisafaritour.com

dubaitrips.com

dubaiville.com

dubaibase.com

dubaipics.com

dubaitoday.com

dubailake.com

dubaishare.com &
dubaishares.com

dubaifare.com

dubairetails.com

dubaiantique.com

dubaibranch.com

dubaipanorama.com

dubaisoul.com

dubaifast.com

dubaipatrol.com

dubaiinside.com

dubaisunset.com

dubaioutlets.com

dubaiscope.com

dubaistate.com

dubaie.com

dubaistocks.com

dubaisupplier.com

gotodubai.com

dubaifind.com

dubaiaccommodations.com

dubaiarea.com

timedubai.com

dubaiextra.com

dubaicorner.com

dubaithemepark.com

dubaitheme.com

dubaimoney.com

dubaiculture.com

sdubai.com

dubaihotsale.com

dubaipropertylist.com

My favorite:

DubaiSale.com

DubaiRent.com. already developed.....

HERE MORE :

DUBAIBEAUTYCENTER.COM
DUBAIDRAMA.COM
DUBAIESTATE.COM
DUBAIFAMILY.COM

DUBAIFM.COM
DUBAILEGEND.COM
& DUBAILEGENDS.COM
DUBAIPEOPLE.COM
DUBAISTUDIO.COM

DUBAISUPPLY.COM
DUBAITAJ.COM
DUBAIVOYAGE.COM

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here's some good info.

Recently ( last year) heard news of some Emirates bank buying or merging with the National Bank of Abu Dhabi and turning into or renaming to the First Bank of Abu Dhabi. But they branded it under FAB (leave it to the Emirates to name their Bank "Fan" lol even if it don't make sense). it "should" be FADB right? FAB basically is First ABU Bank based on abbreviation.

And then to add insult to injury to domainers. Instead of buying FabBank.com or even FirstAbuDhabi.com they went with BankFab.com

So essentially based on their .com they are called "Bank First Abu Bank"🤔😯😕😱😨🤣😂

•••
Here's some good info.

Recently ( last year) heard news of some Emirates bank buying or merging with the National Bank of Abu Dhabi and turning into or renaming to the First Bank of Abu Dhabi. But they branded it under FAB (leave it to the Emirates to name their Bank "Fan" lol even if it don't make sense). it "should" be FADB right? FAB basically is First ABU Bank based on abbreviation.

And then to add insult to injury to domainers. Instead of buying FabBank.com or even FirstAbuDhabi.com they went with BankFab.com

So essentially based on their .com they are called "Bank First Abu Bank"🤔😯😕😱😨🤣😂

They read right to left maybe ? 🤔 ( BankFab.com )

•••
That could be the case because arabic reads from right to left unlike english fellows that read from.left to right.

•••
dubayy.net

Dubai also spelled Dubayy

•••
MasterDubai.com
Duubai.com

$70 for both, valid until 31 dec 2018

•••

I think you taking it so far ..... :xf.smile: BankFab.com is English, not Arabic...

•••
Dubaicoinwallet.com
Coindubai.net
Dubaicoins.xyz

$45 for the lot, valid until 31 dec 2018

•••
•••
DubaiBIN.com || Dubai Buy It Now
Well Suited for Online Shop based in Dubai...

(PM offer if anyone interested)

•••
DubaiColdstorage.com

ideal for Crypto related Company

•••
I think you taking it so far ..... :xf.smile: BankFab.com is English, not Arabic...

Yeah, but they still read right to left LOL LOL

•••
DigitalEmcash.com

currency of Dubayy ( UAE )

•••
Writing this from my hotel room in Dubai..Lol

Speak of hotel; another forgotten niche. it's a huge thing in Dubai.

I own DubaiLodge/com I'm thinking of dropping this name unless someone can see any potential it the dn.

•••
DU.png

BlockChainDu.com great for Dubai BlockChain company

•••
Did anyone sold already? I sold propertyinvestments.ae so far for the Emirates

•••
Congrats on your sell Ricardo!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back