Dynadot

Dropped domain name or hand registered ???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KhaledA

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys !
I am new to domaining, I have a question :
what best: to buy a dropped domain name or to hand register it ? and why??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dropped, hand-reg'd or aftermarket, it doesn't matter. Just buy good-quality names that can give you some profit.

How do you know it's a good domain? Explore and read Namepros :)

•••
•••
true

just register good, valuable domain names
as simple as that

---
now somebody
may explain
what is a good and valuable domain name?
and why is it available???
----

Last edited:
•••
100% of great names have been registered
99% of good names have been registers

if you can find a few of the 1% you may have a chance

•••
100% of great names have been registered
99% of good names have been registers

if you can find a few of the 1% you may have a chance

nobody knows the percentage , my friend

•••
nope, not exactly you are right and no one will every know - its just to give an idea

•••
Everyone else already answered the question, go with the dropped names but I will like to add you should not just limit yourself to those. You can also search around and find websites that are not being used or have not been updated recently then reach out to the owner of the site and see if you can work out a deal for the domain.

Educate yourself on the value of domain names and get familiar with NamePros, NameBio, NameJet, ExpiredDomains Net and Flippa just to name a few.

- Will

•••
•••
Even handregs can do well if you are creative enough or think outside the box. All goodnames are gone is like saying all bad names are dropped. Both sides offer mud and diamonds. Digging them up comes with taking risks and gain experience. A shit domain for you can be gold for another and vice versa. Just don't stare yourself blind but ask yourself who should buy your domain and why someone would use or need it. Of course dropped names have a certain history and strenght so flipping them is a part of the domaining adventure. Check the handreg of the day topic and sales of the day topic for some inspiration.

Last edited:
•••
Most of my sales over the last 15 years come from hand registered expired .com domains. Have I hand registered new domains and made sales sure but the majority were expired pickups. Competition more fierce today than 2003 but some expired gems still slip through the cracks here and there.

New technology trends can turn domains that mean nothing today into something tomorrow as well.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back