Dynadot

Drop time

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello!
i know that .com domains drop each day from 19 to 21 UTC.

I don't understand why i check the whois at 18.30 and i find domains dropped and regged before the drop time..

something is wrong i think.
regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you on the right UTC zone?

UTC +00:00
i.e., London, Dublin time.

It seems you are about an hour ahead of the UTC time zone.

•••
Are you on the right UTC zone?

UTC +00:00
i.e., London, Dublin time.

It seems you are about an hour ahead of the UTC time zone.

hello!
i'm in italy.. so +1 from UTC..

so .coms expire @ 19 UTC mine 20 o'clock..
i ckecked the name at mine 19.30 (18.30 UTC) and it were already regged.. checked many others, and same results.
checked on the whois so the result is sure..

Last edited:
•••
It is 07:00 PM UTC +00:00, when the domains start to drop.

•••
>:(
It is 07:00 PM UTC +00:00, when the domains start to drop.

yup.. so 7pm are 19pm..

20 in italy.. but why many domains are already regged before this time?

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

jewelry-paideia.com
this is the example..
is expiring for 9th march.
i checked @ 18.30 UTC and the name was already regged with the new date 9march2014.
how is possible??

•••
mystery solved..
not all names start to drop at the same time..
so there are coms (and other extensions) that expire before the time..

•••
Yup..mystery solved. Different extensions drop at different times and you have to know what timezone you're in so that you can convert the GMT drop times over to your own time.

•••
Yup..mystery solved. Different extensions drop at different times and you have to know what timezone you're in so that you can convert the GMT drop times over to your own time.

lol i know that..
but let's make an example.. when do you think that .net drops every day UTC time?

•••
lol i know that..
but let's make an example.. when do you think that .net drops every day UTC time?

COM/NET domains drop daily from roughly 6-7PM UTC (1-2PM CST)..sometimes they can run a little longer - it depends on the amount of domains set to delete each day...I think 6-7:15PM UTC would be about the max.

•••
•••
being from the US, the whole utc / gmt time thing makes me nervous when timing things...

above in one spot, it says 17-19utc, in another it says 18-19 utc.

I'm just really confused... can someone give me the time in eastern standard? I was under the presumption from the past that it was 1pm -3pm

Thanks for your help. This site is great.

-Ben

•••
being from the US, the whole utc / gmt time thing makes me nervous when timing things...

above in one spot, it says 17-19utc, in another it says 18-19 utc.

I'm just really confused... can someone give me the time in eastern standard? I was under the presumption from the past that it was 1pm -3pm

Thanks for your help. This site is great.

-Ben

The 1-3PM time would be for CST. COM/NET domains will drop between 2-4PM EST but the drop times never usually last 2hrs. The time it takes for all domains to drop depends on how many domains are set to drop that day and I have personally found all domains will usually drop by about 3:15PM EST. Still, if you're unsure give it the full 2hrs and everything should definitely be dropped by then.

Hope this helps.

•••
FPF, thanks so much for your detailed response. I really appreciate it :)

•••
i think is better talk about UTC time as it is always same everywhere and not change for solar/legal timing like in certain EU country..

you can check the UTC time easily on the net.

however i've noticed that these days some domains expire at very strange timing, also many hours before the usual date..

just an example:
some days ago i was checking some .co.uk names.
that extension start to expire at 20.00 UTC

that days many domains were already free at 18.00 UTC

i'm so tired about those strange changes..
i've noticed that strange expirations also for .be names and .eu ones.

•••
i think is better talk about UTC time as it is always same everywhere and not change for solar/legal timing like in certain EU country..

you can check the UTC time easily on the net.

however i've noticed that these days some domains expire at very strange timing, also many hours before the usual date..

just an example:
some days ago i was checking some .co.uk names.
that extension start to expire at 20.00 UTC

that days many domains were already free at 18.00 UTC

i'm so tired about those strange changes..
i've noticed that strange expirations also for .be names and .eu ones.

Once we start talking about other extensions then you're going to find allot of "strange" things. Firstly, most extensions drop at different times during the day so you probably won't find .co.uk and .eu domains dropping at the same time. Secondly, once again, it always comes down to how many names are set to drop in that extension each day. There are always hundreds of thousands of COM/NET domains so that drop time frame always lasts a good hr and then some. On the other hand, there may only be hundreds of .IN or other ccTLD extensions dropping in a day so the drop period for that extension may only last 15 minutes or so.

Thirdly, you have to remember that although COM and NET are Verisign extensions, .FR - .CO.UK - .DE - .BE and these other ccTLDs are not. Therefor, their process may not work exactly like the Verisign process does. Some extensions drop their domains throughout multiple hours of the day.. Some extensions also change with Daylight savings time, COM/NET does not.

Finally, are you certain the drop time for .CO.UK domains is 20:00 UTC? The only way one could really find out the exact drop times would be to contact the registry itself (Such as NIC.de for DE domains, NIC.eu for EU domains, afNIC.fr for FR domains, DNS.be for BE domains...etc.) and ask them. Keep in mind, most of them won't tell you - but some might.

I've done allot of research and testing over the past couple years with drop times and they can be pretty tricky. I have times for a variety of extensions but since I don't chase some of them, it makes it even harder to verify..I'll post a few below for everyone to mess around with. As I said, I'm not 100% certain on their accuracy, but feel free to test any and share more input if possible!

ORG domains (Changes with DST) currently:
9:30AM - 10:30AM CST
2:30PM - 3:30PM GMT

UK domains:
4:00PM – 5:30PM CST
9:00PM - 10:30PM GMT

AU domains:
10:05PM – 10:15PM CST
3:05AM - 3:15AM GMT

BE domains:
1:00AM – 1:15PM CST
6:00AM - 6:15PM GMT

EU domains:
12:00PM – 12:15PM CST
5:00PM - 5:15PM GMT

ME domains:
8:30PM – 9:00PM CST
1:30AM - 2:00AM GMT

US domains:
12:00PM – 12:45PM CST
5:00PM - 5:45PM GMT

•••
i'll give an eye.. i agree with many of those or my range is around yours.
thanks for share!

•••
good day my mentors am a newbie i want to know where the domain usually drops and the time zone

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back