IT.COM

Drop Catching a Domain: need your help

NameSilo
Watch

dazzlenovak

Established Member
Impact
Hi again) So last time i was asking here for some help in domains drop catching but I aint received a single answer and I can guess why) Well, given my mistake, I now want to ask a specific short question that should not confuse anyone:

I found a domain for my seo purposes and it Expires On 2023-03-16
This domain registered with GoDaddy and it has weird blend of statuses:
clientDeleteProhibited
clientRenewProhibited
clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited

So my question is simple: where and when can i try to catch this domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain is not expired so nothing related to Drop Catching.
You could backorder it around end of May if it goes in Pending Delete status.
I suggest you to check if the domain is for sale. Otherwise contact the owner testing if he want to sell the domain.

•••
The domain is not expired so nothing related to Drop Catching.
You could backorder it around end of May if it goes in Pending Delete status.
I suggest you to check if the domain is for sale. Otherwise contact the owner testing if he want to sell the domain.
Thanks for your reply!
Yes, it hasn't expired yet, I mean it will expire soon and i just wanna prepare for some action.
1. But why it has these kinda status - everything is Prohibited?
2. Domain isn't selling, there is a live website now. So you said about backorder. Where? At Godaddy?
I mean - what is the first place (platform) where it will be sold?

•••
1. But why it has these kinda status - everything is Prohibited?
These are standard domain statuses. You can find their explanation here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en#clientdeleteprohibited

2. Domain isn't selling, there is a live website now. So you said about backorder. Where? At Godaddy?
I mean - what is the first place (platform) where it will be sold?
Since it's registered at GoDaddy and they monetize their expiry stream, it will first get auctionned at auctions.godaddy.com, and then if it drops, you will be able to get it from any dropcatching provider (Dropcatch, Namejet, Sav, etc - The odds of catching it doesn't depend on where the domain was previously but on the provider's connection pool)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back