Dynadot

Dotster Domain Renewal Issues

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have numerous domains with Dotster that will not renew, unlock and/or send me an auth code. I am still on the old interface and have not been migrated to the new one yet.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have put in multiple support tickets and there will be no response for days.

I currently have several domains that have expired and in the grace period for renewal, but I simply can't renew them.

Please let me know if you're having the same problem.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what happens when you try to renew them? I have a similar problem with mydomains.com (which is owned by the same company). I'd pay to renew through paypal but the domains wouldn't actually renew.

Last edited:
•••
You need to call dotster. When they 'transferred' me to the new system, almost all of my domains disappeared from my account. I had to literally talk them through the domains that were supposed to be in there.

Their migration is poorly planned, imo, and you need to physically speak with someone and get them to correct the issue while you are still on the phone.

•••
I attempt to renew a list of them and everything goes as normal which is normally a confirmation screen and two emails... the first email being another confirmation that you've initiated the renewal and the second email follows a few minutes afterwards showing that it successfully renewed them.

In this case, I get the first email confirmation that shows that they are processing. The second email may or may not come depending on whether any of the names were actually renewed. I've had one where I renewed 49 domain names and all but one were renewed. I didn't actually catch it until I noticed it was in my account still unrenewed. I tried to renew it again, but it wouldn't renew. I have over 1,000 domains with them and I now have a multitude that won't renew. I have put in multiple support tickets with them and they will take days to respond, yet not solve the issue. I've also called them twice and both times, I'm told on the phone that they will get it resolved most likely within 24 hours. Still nothing! I finally got a supervisor to call me when I began putting more "legal" terms in my support ticket and she gave me her direct line. She was supposed to call me yesterday, but did not. I have plans to call her today.

I have been with Dotster ever since they opened for business and have always been satisfied. I'm EXTREMELY unsatisfied with the support at this time.

•••
same situation here. i don't have as many names with them but i tried to renew 5 domains. 2 renewed and 3 didn't. i got all kinds of run around from support that didn't really know much but finally they told me if i put a credit card on file that they would renew them manually for me. i am going to try this today and see what happens.

i don't get their new system either. i have 2 accounts with them. one has migrated the new panel, the other hasn't. however with the account on the new system it seems all the renewal dates are wrong. names that i never renewed are showing as not expiring till the following year now. i also can't look up any of the domains in whois as they aways says can not connect to whois2.domain.com. it seems to be a huge mess and makes them look very poor.

•••
it is a mess, I had to call over the phone to renew my domain. looks like they're behind schedule also, my vdeck transition was scheduled for 11/22 and just switched over yesterday.

•••
My account is still in disarray. I have been moved to the new platform, but several of my domains won't renew still and I posted a support ticket 11 days ago that still is unanswered. This is TERRIBLE support and customer service. I currently have several domains that have expired and won't let me renew them and they are non-functioning causing lost revenues.

I have never filed a lawsuit before and I truly think we live in a society that is far too litigious, however I'm not getting anywhere with their support, a supervisor that I've been dealing with or their ticket system.

If you're having the same or similar problems, go to http://DotsterClassAction.com or email me at [email protected] and if we can get enough of us together, I think we will have no problem bringing legal action against them.

•••
Dotster is not good enough, I like name.com & namecheap.com

•••
I'm thankful to just have a few domains there and only had to renew one over the phone. It seems Dotster is switching to Enom reseller platform and it took a few days after transition for my domains to have any functionality (renewal, lock, etc)
sorry to hear of your troubles merlix, hope it works itself out.

•••
Dotster is dedicated to providing our customers with reliable domain name registration and website management services. Our team is committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience, and we realize the services we’ve delivered do not live up to our customer -- or our own -- expectations. We are working diligently to improve performance and functionality. You can contact us at [email protected] or you can call 1-800-401-5250, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sincerely,
Gary Engel
Senior Vice President Customer Service & Sales

DBNR
Raynelle Sibel
Executive Response Team

•••

Service has been lousy for years. I finally gave up in trying to have my contact info updated.

Thank God I have only 2 domains with them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back