Dynadot

DotRegistrar.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of DotRegistrar.com

I've used DR for many domains, but have since transferred all domains out. The interface is very awkward and confusing at times, even for an experienced domainer. Pricing is decent, and free push is available.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hear dotster just bought them

•••
Expensive..

Good, but a little expensive

•••
Not worth using

What an awful interface- it says above country 'US' but the interface seems to have been designed by someone who does not speak English as a first language.
The only plus I found was the speed at which customer service responded to my request to transfer a domain out- a speedy and detailed response (although they may get asked this so often that it was a cut-and-paste job).
Prices are okay, but any experienced domainer will know where to get better prices.

•••
Great Service. No mistakes.

Assuming that you are buying MANY registrations, the price is fine. They're one of the few registrars I've had whose databases never got screwed up, and who never cost me money or a lost expired domain, or other aggravation. Their stuff works well. Service is good and personal via e-mail. I'm a satisfied customer for years, and with over 700 names there.

I am concerned, however, by rumors that they are being assumed by MyDomain.com. The latter are spamming scumbuckets, and with poor support history with me. I won't do business with them. So if the rumor is true, I will transfer all my names out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back