NameSilo

.tv Dot TV Sightings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••

I saw that.
Pretty clever use of a domain.

On June 20th they posted that they had 10k installs of their app, and now 10 days later they already have 100k+

Good for them!

I'm sure their success is rooted from the fact that they did it on a Dot TV! :)

•••
Got a collectible car and want to sell it?

TV series on Charter cable, WhatsMyCarWorth.tv.

•••
Here are about 11 million hits to choose from ;)

Google

Check this again today. Less than a year and a half later and the number of indexed sites has almost tripled to 29,800,000!

Thank you ThreeD. Let's see how this number looks 18 months from now.

•••
•••
•••
They should point this to "pitchfork tv" menu item directly. You must be a cool indie music kind of guy :)

Its kinda weird. Pitchfork.tv looks just like the .com homepage...then when you click on the "Pitchfork.tv" in their menu bar, it goes to Pitchfork.com/tv

I dont really understand it but I do like how they promote it as Pitchfork.tv in their main menu.

Me, a cool indie music sort of guy?
Of course!
At least, I like to think so. :)

•••
Its kinda weird. Pitchfork.tv looks just like the .com homepage...then when you click on the "Pitchfork.tv" in their menu bar, it goes to Pitchfork.com/tv

I dont really understand it but I do like how they promote it as Pitchfork.tv in their main menu.

Me, a cool indie music sort of guy?
Of course!
At least, I like to think so. :)

Vito

Basically Pitchfork.TV = Pitchfork.COM

My point was that they should really just point Pitchfork.TV main page directly to the "Pitchfork TV" menu item.

That would be a better complementary use imho.

It's a simple .htaccess update.

See Skis.TV for what I mean - they point to the videos page of their site.

Of course you're cool... lol.

•••
BodyRock.TV

Looks like it's time to GET FIT!!!

•••
TheImpact.tv

Not an incredible site but I found this interesting...
Only the dot com is taken, and these folks chose to use Dot TV for their main site. Pretty cool.

•••
•••
truthsquad.tv/

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
truthsquad.tv/

Three libertarians. No bias or risk of untruth there then!

Interesting though - I think a lot of young enterprising videographers are looking at .TV as a great platform. They obviously aren't spending $1000s to get a good name but it's interesting anyway.

Not sure when people will stop getting the pursuit of liberty and Libertarianism confused :)

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

It's a redirect... but I love Check Please...

checkplease.tv

Chicago version for those of you who are lucky enough to be in Chicago.

Sure you have to like the Cubs (losers) and Bears (teasers and losers) but you have the pizza...

I want to try this SOOOO bad...

foodnetwork.com/videos/ted-duff-and-tyler-video/46751.html

Gino's East 0:54 !! The Disk of Sausage! The Frankenstein of Meat! and it's AWESOME!

•••
•••
•••
Came across this earlier today -- BLVD.TV

•••
•••
•••
...I think a lot of young enterprising videographers are looking at .TV as a great platform. They obviously aren't spending $1000s to get a good name but it's interesting anyway.

I've been watching a lot of cable tv lately and I've seen several .tv's being used lately. Its naturally attractive for video people. Unfortunately for domainers tv people are A) very very cheap, and B) very very creative. These guys might occasionally be willing to spend a few hundred for *the perfect name* but most would happily look around for an open regfee name.

Heres my spot of the day- wehi.tv

•••
•••
Here is something I posted on allthings but didn't post it here. Love that concept:

www.stormshadow.tv

•••
gaming and tv : twitch.tv

complete with a forbes write up:
forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2011/09/09/starcraft-ii-pro-gamer-steven-destiny-bonnell-explains-how-twitchtv-is-changing-the-game/2

•••
mentalhealth.tv/
creationhealth.tv/
ourhealth.tv/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back