Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A history lesson

.tv the country code for the tiny island nation of TUVALU the world's smallest country. Tuvalu is a Polynesian island nation located midway between Hawaii and Australia. Back in the mid 80's when countries were being allotted two letter codes for their identity is when Tuvalu struck gold. They were assigned .tv as their cctld. In the 80's no one had any idea that this was to be such a windfall for the tiny island nation.

In 1998, Jason Chapnik a Canadian entrepreneur who was president of Information.ca approached the Tuvalu government with an idea on how to profit from their popular country code. However Chapnik was not the only one interested in .tv. Anton Van Couvering who was the former President of Net Names had been consulting Tuvalu on how to profit from their country code. Van Couvering stepped down as a consultant in order to become a bidder for .tv through his company Net Names.

After months of negotiation in the fall of 98 Tuvalu decided to go with Chapnik. Chapnik started out with a pricing structure that would price .tv much more than traditional prices for .com/net/org but more reasonable than the current premium pricing under Verisign. They started out taking $1000 deposits for the first year with renewals at $500 a year. There was also an auction structure set up to settle domain disputes or if there was two or more entities that shared a certain name.

Chapnik made many promises and gave rather high estimates to the Tuvalu government on sales of .tv domains. When Chapnik was unable to raise the $50 million upfront payment to the Tuvalu nation he brought in a white knight to save the deal.

*See the notes at the end of this post for all the contract details.

Enter Idealab, the California incubator came in and Tuvalu agreed to license its cctld for $1million per quarter adjustable for inflation, with a $50 million cap over 10 years. Additionally the Tuvalu nation got a 20 % interest in the company.

In August of 2000 Idealab announced the three most expensive sales in .tv history. Free.tv,China.tv and Net.tv were sold for $100,000 for the first year and an additional percent for each year following. ChinaGo.com is the registrant of China.tv and Net.tv and have maintained their registration to the present day. Free.tv is registered to a Pennsylvania man that also has kept the registration up to date.

In another marketing deal Dot Tv gave the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences the domain emmys.tv for free in exchange for them to promote the site during their telecast of the EMMYS in Sept of 2000.

During this time some individuals started to make a big leap into the .tv extension. The two largest being Thunayan K Al-Ghanim a Kuwaiti businessman who has one of the largest domain portfolios on the planet. Al-Ghanim through his Future Media Architects owns suchs gems as Sexy.tv, Mp3.tv,several 1 letter .tv domains such as s.tv,t.tv,l.tv and z.tv and many more. Another major player Igal Lichtman also know to many as Mrs Jello/exoticdomains.net/Boogie Productions, owns such gems as xxx.tv,girls.tv,n.tv,x.tv, fun.tv and many more. One benefit these early adopters received was cheap premium renewal fees. Al-Ghanim has $50 renewals and Lichtman has $25 renewals. It was not uncommon to be able to negotiate renewal fees back in the early days especially if you were a big player in the .tv extension.

On January 7,2002 IdeaLab sold its Dot Tv International unit for $45 million to Verisign. The deal was an all cash deal and Verisign at the time stated the transaction would add less than $1million in sales for the 4th quarter of 2001. Verisign also said it would add $7 to $10 million in deferred net revenue.

Verisign took over and started doing business at www.tv where premium registrations could only take place through Verisign with a minimum two year contract. Non premium registrations were $50 at www.tv but other registrars such as Go Daddy, Idotz.net, Moniker and a whole host of others offered 1 year registrations for as little as $29.99 to as high as $59.99.

In the world of domain forums .tv was pretty much shunned, either considered to be too expensive or just commented on as .tv sucks. There was little to no information on the extension until November of 2005, Namepros.com started what was to be the first ever extension specific subforum. The forum located at www.namepros.com/dot-tv picked up steam quickly and educated a whole new domainer on the .tv extension.

In September of 2006 Verisign offered a once in a lifetime chance for the small domain investor interested in premium domains. Since Verisign took over the pricing had changed from Idealab now a LL.tv cost anywhere from $1000 to $10,000 a year. A LLL.tv a very popular genre of domain, cost $5oo and then rose to $750 a year. There was now to be a sale of all sales in the .tv extension. Verisign offered 70 % off the initial registration period and 50 % off renewal fees. An LL.tv could be regged for $300 for as many years as someone wanted to pay upfront and then $500 a year after in renewal.

In December 2006 Verisign announced it had partnered with Demand Media for a new marketing program for the .tv extension. Demand Media led by Richard Rosenblatt who successfully turned around and sold MY SPACE to News Corp is very bullish on the .tv extension. Demand Media rolled out Me.tv a set of social tools to allow anyone to set up their own "TV"channel.

Tom Gardner of Motley Fool fame gave his backing of the extension at a T.R.A.F.F.I.C. domainer convention where he said he thought the extension would be an extension to watch in 2007.

The extension responded in 2007 posting more sales than the previous 3 years combined. Such names as De.tv, Surface.tv, Six.tv and AuctionNetwork.tv have all sold for over $20,000. It is also known that the domain ME.tv sold with a non disclosure we did verify that it was at least xxx,xxx Demand Media being the buyer.

Highest reported sales in the secondary market are Travel.tv for $65,000 and Mail.tv for $35,000 both purchased by Thunayan K AL-Ghanim from the same seller.

ChannelMe.tv turned out to be a bust. Demand Media closed the channel me platform in July of 2009 suggesting users move to magnify.net.

.TV really staggered along over the next year then came March 17,2010. Enom sends out an email that only some received. Top .tv investors started regging names at the deal price. The early buzz is that legendary domainer Frank Schilling is in. But the offer on March 17 is nothing compared to what happens next.

On top of this new pricing plan, premium renewal was gone. March 18,2010 some start regging names and noticed there was no

premium. Names like Debt.tv and Tech.tv and Shows.tv along with one letter P.tv and D.tv were all just a regular fee. Enom allows all these regs to stand. Now they take the premium system down and send another email stating that March 19,2010 everything will be back up and the frenzy began. Although this time some names were priced non premium. Some slipped through and others did not. Apparently Frank Schilling was able to give his .tv back as he did not want them at the price offered March 17,2010. A few more big domainers come into .tv. Michael Berkens of www.thedomains.com who owned one .tv prior (Great.tv, which he pays a $3000 premium renewal) jumped in and regged about 20 names. Telepathy Inc. came in and regged a few including California.tv and Florida.tv. The regging frenzy lasted for about a week.

Another result of this change was that more than just ENOM could offer premium .tv. Registrars like Name.com and Dynadot got in the game. Even though there is no premium renewal, a premium cannot be transferred.

With the new pricing Sedo held an auction for some of the top premium .tv. The auction started April 1,2010. Top 5 sales were:

business.tv $100,999
learn.tv $41,000
christmas.tv $32,000
home.tv $31,000
guide.tv $29,500

A big buyer at the auction was a company called Portalis. They were high bidder on many names in the auction including:

$100,999 Business.TV
$41,000 Learn.TV
$32,000 Christmas.TV
$31,000 Home.TV
$29,500 Guide.TV
$25,500 Job.TV
$20,500 Jobs.TV

Right away people made money from the change in pricing. The Chinese investor who got beyond lucky and regged P.tv and D.tv for reg fee, sold D.tv to Michael Berkens for $18,000. Berkens posted recently that he turned down $125,000 for the name.

At the end of 2010 the owner of Hollywood.tv dropped Sports.tv. This name was picked up on the drop for $54,000. In a poll on Namepros 74 % of the people thought this was a good buy at $54,000.

Top .tv domainers in the world include but not limited to:

James Black

James Barclay

Thunayan-Al-Ghanim

Igal Lichtman

George Pickering

Ben Van Dyk

Joel Williams

John Van den Berg

Richard Kligman

Jean Francis Arrou Vignod

Michael Berkens

Notable .tv sites include:

MLB.tv Major league baseball uses the site for the streaming of live baseball games.

TNT.tv a large cable tv station owned by Time Warner.

Ustream.tv

Mtv.tv European Mtv a Viacom property.

HG.tv Home and Garden Network.

Exercisetv.tv An exercise show on Time Warner Cable and Comcast Cable.

Justin.tv

Allthings.tv

WFN.tv World Fishing Network

There have been some notable drops in using the .tv extension. Most notably the NFL which dropped NFL.tv and all 32 team names. The team names have been picked up and sold in the aftermarket at mostly reseller prices. NFL.tv was regged by the owner of Hollywood.tv and later dropped. It is interesting to find out why they dropped their .tv domains ? Even more interesting is will the NFL go after those who registered their licensed trademarks ?

* Contract info

In 1999, the Government of Tuvalu signed a contract

with USA based DotTV Corporation International to market and manage

its ccTLD β€˜.tv’ indefinitely. In return for the exclusive rights to sell

second-level domain addresses, the Government would receive US$1

million per quarter for 12.5 years and 20% equity in the company.

To 30 September 2000, the Government duly received five quarterly

payments of US$1 million, plus a one-off lump sum payment of

US$12.5 million after the principal investor, Idealabs Inc. Pasadena,

California, exercised a call option under the agreement. In late 2000,

the Government arranged with DotTV Corporation to forego quarterly

payments for the December quarter of 2000 and the first two

quarters of 2001, to acquire US$3 million of preferred stock in the

corporation. In mid-2001, the DotTV Corporation ran into financial

difficulties and in December 2001 the company was purchased by

VeriSign, Inc., the domain administrator for ".com." Tuvalu’s share

of the sale amounted to about US$10 million, which was received as

a lump sum. The new contract with Verisign provides Tuvalu with

US$2.2 million per annum plus 5% of all revenue exceeding US$20

million sales per year. VeriSign holds the rights to market β€˜.tv’ for 15

years. The contract expires Dec 31,2016.

Source: GOT.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As for the future, I'm afraid it won't be much different than the past. I think Snoop is right, the potential is there but limited by the niche nature.

Still not sure how TV is seen as a niche. If that is true, it is the biggest damn niche in the history of the world. You might as well suggest that 'com' is a niche, for all the meaning it has. At some point, the absolute size in terms of potential precludes it from being 'niche'-like.

I know haters will pounce and go all technical, like I give a rat's @ss, but it's true. At some point, when you are talking about a multi-trillion dollar industry, it gets a little absurd. What sector of life based activity is NOT affected in some manner by TV?

•••
•••
I see the pumping is still alive and well. Lol

well IS there another single industry that touches more lives and does so in a more impactful way than television/video/motion pictures?

i think the answer is no. energy is probably bigger but the texture of its impact is rather flat. the power is on or its not. health care is probably bigger too but a lot of dr visits are happening over video links now so what industry is it?

this doesnt mean theres going to be a lot of value in it for domainers. for speculators there is still some value for those willing to buy only the very best at the lowest price and hold for 7-10 years. beyond that i'd say the chances of earning enough to make it worthwile are slim.

and of course snoop probably has all the good typos sewn up, right?

so whats that leave?

•••
well IS there another single industry that touches more lives and does so in a more impactful way than television/video/motion pictures?

i think the answer is no. energy is probably bigger but the texture of its impact is rather flat. the power is on or its not. health care is probably bigger too but a lot of dr visits are happening over video links now so what industry is it?

this doesnt mean theres going to be a lot of value in it for domainers. for speculators there is still some value for those willing to buy only the very best at the lowest price and hold for 7-10 years. beyond that i'd say the chances of earning enough to make it worthwile are slim.

and of course snoop probably has all the good typos sewn up, right?

so whats that leave?

This extension is a niche extension in my view because it is mainly used by tv shows and networks and has a reasonable (but not high) degree of usage for purely video based sites.

Television isn't a niche market, it is mainstream. Everyone watches (well most people). Most people consume this product,

However an extension for tv shows is a niche market. It appeal to a small subset of businesses/developers, the % of the population who need this product (.tv domain names) is very limited.

Saying that because television is mainstream market therefore the .tv extension is a mainstream market is flawed.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Still not sure how TV is seen as a niche. If that is true, it is the biggest damn niche in the history of the world. You might as well suggest that 'com' is a niche, for all the meaning it has. At some point, the absolute size in terms of potential precludes it from being 'niche'-like.

I know haters will pounce and go all technical, like I give a rat's @ss, but it's true. At some point, when you are talking about a multi-trillion dollar industry, it gets a little absurd. What sector of life based activity is NOT affected in some manner by TV?

".com" means very little other than perhaps "The Internet" and "The extension almost all US based businesses use". Commercial, commerce, communication - nobody cares about any of that.

Suggesting .tv is comparable to .com and that if .tv isn't mainstream then neither is .com is again flawed. We are talking about extensions here, not industries. What is a mainstream extension and what isn't. That debate isn't whether television is mainstream.

•••
This extension ... is mainly used by tv shows and networks and has a reasonable (but not high) degree of usage for purely video based sites.
Television isn't a niche market, it is mainstream.

However an extension for tv shows is a niche market.
Saying that because television is mainstream market therefore the .tv extension is a mainstream market is flawed.

Is it any less flawed than saying that .tv is an extension only for tv shows and networks.

I belive you are attempting to impose a limit on the ext that does not exist.

Here is why I like .tv:

It is my opinion that right now, today, upon seeing a web address using .tv the avg person anywhere in the world will expect to find a site that is somehow related to video of some kind. Yes it could be a site about a tv show but it could also be a site full of video images selling toasters or a site streaming a live event. The form is flexible and limited only by technology and imagination and so long as the content is primarily video than the user will not be confused or dissatisfied from the outset.

In short .tv has the makings of a BRAND. Just like .com became a brand that meant "internet" .tv could well come to mean "video internet".

Do you disagree with this, snoop? I see this as the essential reality but perhaps you have a different take. If so I'd like to hear it.

Now all that said this doesnt mean that there is a lot of money to be made by speculators. Not yet. Getting in early means holding for a long time, years and years, not flipping out for a "big roi". Very few here on NP have made any money on .tv and thats a fact.

•••
I am a firm believer in the study of history to avoid mistakes from the past.
Looking back at the previous decade and the aptly named Dreamseller I think it is pretty clear not all extensions appreciate at the same pace. In fact some extensions actually depreciate over time...
The value of .tv just did not keep up with other, regulated extensions. Obviously pricing has played a huge role, effectively turning .tv names into liabilities.

The upcoming release of vanity TLDs does not bode well for the extensions that are still struggling for mindshare. In 2000 things could look somewhat encouraing for .tv but in 2010 ? Who wants to wait another decade ? The jury has spoken imo.
Nice thread indeed, thanks again.

•••
Is it any less flawed than saying that .tv is an extension only for tv shows and networks.

Here is what I actually said,

"This extension is a niche extension in my view because it is mainly used by tv shows and networks and has a reasonable (but not high) degree of usage for purely video based sites."

I belive you are attempting to impose a limit on the ext that does not exist.

There is no "limit" only reality,

The extension is used quite a lot by tv shows and networks, it also has a small % of the market for purely video based sites. That is a niche extension in my view. I'd compare it to something like .mobi where some (fanatics) think that extension is mainstream.

Here is why I like .tv:

It is my opinion that right now, today, upon seeing a web address using .tv the avg person anywhere in the world will expect to find a site that is somehow related to video of some kind.

How does this put money in your pocket?

In short .tv has the makings of a BRAND. Just like .com became a brand that meant "internet" .tv could well come to mean "video internet".

Do you disagree with this, snoop? I see this as the essential reality but perhaps you have a different take. If so I'd like to hear it.

It is no more a brand than .mobi, .us, .info, .biz, etc.

Now all that said this doesnt mean that there is a lot of money to be made by speculators. Not yet. Getting in early means holding for a long time, years and years, not flipping out for a "big roi". Very few here on NP have made any money on .tv and thats a fact.

10 years ago the same arguments were being made. In 10 years time I bet it will be the same, just a different bunch of people arguing. If the people focusing on .tv 10 years ago had gone with "old" extensions they'd would have had a far better chance, (c/n/o/major country codes).

Unfortunately time runs out at some point. People need to stop pushing things years into the future as an excuse for continuing to pay renewal fees.

One of a few things will happen eventually,

-The bank will cancel the credit cards for them (Bankrupt)
-The wife will cut it up (Stop wasting all out money on domain names!)
-They'll eventually realise "The great dawn" isn't coming.
-They'll die and there is no chance in hell their relatives will renew those .tv names that have taken money out of their pockets for years.

My advice is that if you want to make money in the future your best chance is to work out how to make money today.

I disagree that people getting into the domain market now are "early", that is just hype.

•••
How does this put money in your pocket?

so you dont actually disagree with my statement then, that .tv is universally (or close to it) recognized as being associated with video on the net?

•••
so you dont actually disagree with my statement then, that .tv is universally (or close to it) recognized as being associated with video on the net?

The extension is not "universally recognized", for any alt ext there is a degree of unfamiliarity/confusion. For the people who do know of it, I would guess that they'd associate it with sites to do with tv and/or video.

•••
•••
This is purely business. If I'm making money from .tv domains then I'll continue investing in .tv domains.If I'm not making any money then I'll simply move on without wasting time cribbing about it in forums.

I'd rather be exploring new ideas to make money instead of wasting time complaining about the opportunity missed.

•••
This is purely business. If I'm making money from .tv domains then I'll continue investing in .tv domains.If I'm not making any money then I'll simply move on without wasting time cribbing about it in forums.

I'd rather be exploring new ideas to make money instead of wasting time complaining about the opportunity missed.

Well Said!

Perhaps the world has heard enough from the Three Wise Men, none of whom, it appears, have done well in .TV (or have a very different agenda?) and wish to constantly pass that message on.

...it must be the fault of the extension! (Yeah!)

We never hear the same type of constant sniping and moaning from JohnTV, MrRhee, Ben Van Dyk, Shocko, James Barclay, Allthings, Page Howe, Claude Dauman, Richard Kligman, DiscoverNow, and the hundreds of others who have done extremely well in the .TV extension - and nearly all of which have pulled many many thousands from the table.

For every Ying there is a Yang!

Even the relatively new to the extension have done well when they have understood the complexities and possibilities of .TV - a perfect example being Manos, who seems to pull one, two or three sales EVERY day at between $50 and $100 for an outlay averaging $30 to $50 a day.

I'm also amazed how very quickly people forget the fairly massive sales that .Tv is enjoying.

My own experience in the past few weeks has included really big sales in anyone's book of Pilot.tv, Canada.Tv, Snappy.TV and BritishColumbia.tv - and I'm a minnow.

In the past few DAYS I am aware of sales of PIMP.tv for $15,250, CARE.tv for $5,000, and Boom.tv for $2,500.

And there's a massive undermarket where names like BOLIVIA.tv are sold in four and five figures every week.

Perhaps that's why .TV took 4% of SEDO's sales figures in 2010 - which is massively disproportionate to the size of it's share of the domain market.

Perhaps people should also recollect that it was also only a couple of weeks or so that people who don't moan about .Tv (mainly because it is making them a profit) like MrRhee stumped up over $50k to simply 'register' a .TV name - SPORTS.tv - and there was a race to become the owner of that one.

Cutting to the chase. Many here are pure domainers and it shows. They see little traffic and think 'crap'.

Others see 'instant brand' and opportunity.

TV is NOT easy and it IS a niche - and like all great niche's, what works well, REALLY works well.

If it doesn't work for you - fine - but why stay around moaning. It just shows how dumb you've been thinking that, for example, regging 79 typos in .TV was ever going to make money!!

It's .TV - not .com PERIOD - they are D I F F E R E NT

Finally. Look around, and away from NP. In the real world you would have to be living in a bubble to not notice that .Tv is seen everywhere these days - and the technology of 2011 internet Tv is waaaay different to that when the moaners were having their picnics in 2000.

•••
Well Said!

Perhaps the world has heard enough from the Three Wise Men, none of whom, it appears, have done well in .TV (or have a very different agenda?) and wish to constantly pass that message on.

...it must be the fault of the extension! (Yeah!)

We never hear the same type of constant sniping and moaning from JohnTV, MrRhee, Ben Van Dyk, Shocko, James Barclay, Allthings, Page Howe, Claude Dauman, Richard Kligman, DiscoverNow, and the hundreds of others who have done extremely well in the .TV extension - and nearly all of which have pulled many many thousands from the table.

For every Ying there is a Yang!

Even the relatively new to the extension have done well when they have understood the complexities and possibilities of .TV - a perfect example being Manos, who seems to pull one, two or three sales EVERY day at between $50 and $100 for an outlay averaging $30 to $50 a day.

I'm also amazed how very quickly people forget the fairly massive sales that .Tv is enjoying.

My own experience in the past few weeks has included really big sales in anyone's book of Pilot.tv, Canada.Tv, Snappy.TV and BritishColumbia.tv - and I'm a minnow.

In the past few DAYS I am aware of sales of PIMP.tv for $15,250, CARE.tv for $5,000, and Boom.tv for $2,500.

And there's a massive undermarket where names like BOLIVIA.tv are sold in four and five figures every week.

Perhaps that's why .TV took 4% of SEDO's sales figures in 2010 - which is massively disproportionate to the size of it's share of the domain market.

Perhaps people should also recollect that it was also only a couple of weeks or so that people who don't moan about .Tv (mainly because it is making them a profit) like MrRhee stumped up over $50k to simply 'register' a .TV name - SPORTS.tv - and there was a race to become the owner of that one.

Cutting to the chase. Many here are pure domainers and it shows. They see little traffic and think 'crap'.

Others see 'instant brand' and opportunity.

TV is NOT easy and it IS a niche - and like all great niche's, what works well, REALLY works well.

If it doesn't work for you - fine - but why stay around moaning. It just shows how dumb you've been thinking that, for example, regging 79 typos in .TV was ever going to make money!!

It's .TV - not .com PERIOD - they are D I F F E R E NT

Finally. Look around, and away from NP. In the real world you would have to be living in a bubble to not notice that .Tv is seen everywhere these days - and the technology of 2011 internet Tv is waaaay different to that when the moaners were having their picnics in 2000.

Interesting read. Thanks in posting.

•••
•••

That is the best attitude to have.

•••

And yet.. here we are?
I don't hear anyone complaining, though. A few are negative though... they should go and invest in what makes money rather than waste time here, I guess.

•••
And yet.. here we are?
I don't hear anyone complaining, though. A few are negative though... they should go and invest in what makes money rather than waste time here, I guess.

.tv is full of people who lose money and continue to invest, so the vast majority are not taking the sage advice given by ipodxpert.

Instead of or just deciding to keep playing based on profit/loss they continue to put money in hoping things will change for them.

Those types are usually seen here with rounds of pumpty-pump games such "Spot the .tv in haystack" or "Things have really improved, just don't ask me for any data, its all NDA", as though that will help the extension.

•••
.tv is full of people who lose money and continue to invest, so the vast majority are not taking the sage advice given by ipodxpert.

More like Domaining is full of people who lose money and continue to invest, so the vast majority are not taking the sage advice given by ipodxpert.

You making it .tv specific makes you look like the fool many think you are. Again IMO

•••
Excellent .TV historical summation, Ray.

Great follow-up .TV, and forum, editorial, Jimbo!

Personally, like others, I think the contract cloud cast the biggest shadow over the extension.

I had high hopes for the early negotiations between Verisign and Tuvalu that took place last year.

But when the Gov. of Tuvalu walked away from the table, last July, after rejecting a million dollar a year (immediate) increase offer --IF they would extend the contract for five years, I was really disappointed.

Then hearing Tuvalu's Finance Minister, Lotoala Metia, state afterwards that Tuvalu should be getting Five Times what they are getting now... I could only shake my head in WTF disbelief.

I don't see Verisign paying 5X what they pay now. Nor do I see them splitting the difference.

However, I do see some common ground, if the newly elected Gov in Tuvalu cares to be more realistic... and re-opens talks with Verisign.

•••
I listened to that on Radio Australia last year, hopefully the new gov will be more responsive.

•••
It should be noted that Finance Minister Lotoala Metia lost his seat in the recent election.

When he was then appointed to a cabinet seat peaceful protesters took to the streets demanding his resignation.

The government then declared a state of emergency, temporarily prohibiting any gathering of ten or more people.

There have been no further incidents so the declaration is effectively mute, though I have not seen any report of Metia resigning.

I listened to that on Radio Australia last year, hopefully the new gov will be more responsive.

•••

Yep. Try it sometime.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

The extension is not "universally recognized", for any alt ext there is a degree of unfamiliarity/confusion. For the people who do know of it, I would guess that they'd associate it with sites to do with tv and/or video.

When are you going to quit talking in circles?

My original statement was to the effect that when the avg person anywhere in the world sees something.tv they most likely think "thats something to do with web video" and you replied "How will that make money" [like if you dont already know how I should tell you]. Now you say that there's a "degree of confusion". What crap. Everyone everywhere knows that TV stands for TELEVISION. Admit that much snoop.

•••
Who tagged this thread with "NascarSucks"???
For some reason that tag really made me LMAO.

NascarSucks wins Best Tag in this thread award.

IpodExpert wins best post in this thread award.
No B.S. Just The Simple truth.
Repped Brotha.

•••

Instead of or just deciding to keep playing based on profit/loss they continue to put money in hoping things will change for them.

Those types are usually seen here with rounds of pumpty-pump games such "Spot the .tv in haystack" or "Things have really improved, just don't ask me for any data, its all NDA", as though that will help the extension.

Why do you assume that the people posting here are the ones losing money? Maybe the people that are here have made money?

The main point was:

Was thinking it made more sense to go make money instead of wasting time complaining about others making up stories of sales. IMO.

•••
Everyone everywhere knows that TV stands for TELEVISION. Admit that much snoop.

"TV" is not the same thing as ".TV". We all know TV means television, but you and others like to interchange that with .tv.

It is much the same line of argument as people thinking the .tv extension is mainstream because everyone has a television set.

Or the way .mobi enthusiasts though growth in the mobile internet and price growth for .mobi was the same thing

Two different things entirely, one is something most people use everyday, the other is a domain extension with only mild popularity.

I wonder if we had .toaster or .shoes if people would say the same thing, these extension must be mainstream because everyone has a toaster and a pair of shoes?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back