Dynadot

(dot)travel Sold for $3.3 million.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jdenwar

Denwar, James DenwarVIP Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't believe it. If that sort of money did change hands it wasn't for the domain name but the website/business itself. Just a PR stunt

•••
If the sex dot travel listing on sedo is any indication, the .travel extension sucks.

Visitors to this Sedo offer page: 1 (previous 31 days)
Visitors to this domain’s website: 4 (previous 31 days)

So yeah, I don't think the price got paid.

•••
•••
"pr"

This one goes down with the likes of "sales" of Beauty.cc and Flowers "dot Mobey" (as well as a few unnamed early "sales" .TV's and .INFO's, as well)! :rolleyes: :red: :imho:

Onward and upward.
-Jeff B-)

•••
•••
I smell something........what is it? It's quit distinct what could.....oh yea! Total BS.

•••
This site is a dream for all travelers. Questions as simple as “Can I travel to Mexico from Canada with a Felony on my record” to “At what times can I see blue dolphins in the island of San Marquez”, anything at all travel related is answered by www.Answers.travel
When you use their search to ask any question, they just pull search results from Google & Yahoo for your "exact question" ! :rolleyes:

Are we April already?!

Here is our story, We registered Answers.travel on Mar 18 2008 then we visited couple of Freelancing websites and posted our project with $200 budget or so. After a few months we sold our website for $3.3 mil ... Yay :|

BTW, We don't have any traffic to mention (4,747,849 Alexa Rank & no Compete Rank) we also didn't pay a dime for promoting .. 90% of our backlinks coming from the other BS project we have (yellowpages.travel) which pretty much the same as Answers.travel ..

yellowpages.travel is for sale .. $5.5 mil (cash only) .. Are you interested? No really :)

Good Luck :$:

Last edited:
•••
A .travel wouldnt sell for $3.3k let alone 3.3mil. No chance. the website is really bad too. Why would you buy a domain for $3.3mil and make that very bad site?

•••
•••
dot Travel, right up there with all the other 'forgotten' extensions ...
---------
quote from that page...
The .travel registry started in 2004 and has been growing rapidly ever since. They claim that all Travel & Tourism offices of all cities and states in the US and Ministries of Tourism in foreign countries will have their .travel domain names such as Greece.travel and LasVegas.travel registered and operational by 2011. The .travel domain name may become very popular in a short period of time, however it is obvious by this acquisition that single worded concise domain names will always command top tier valuations even if it’s not .com.
---------
haha, started in 2004 -fast catching on...!? -MAY become very popular in a short time...!?
I like a good laugh here and there, thanks

•••
I would ignore this sale, obviously a mistake or false purchase.

•••
jdenwar said:
Answers.travel sold for $3.3 million...... D-:

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20090113005427&newsLang=en

What you guys think??

The .travel registry started in 2004 and has been growing rapidly ever since.
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20090113005427&newsLang=en

Really?
I'm losing touch with the industry. :p

~~~
EDIT:
Not a news story, it's a "press release", made up to look like a news story. :lol:

...Business Wire is the leading source for press releases, photos, multimedia and regulatory filings from companies and groups throughout the world...

copper said:
Just PR stunt, IMHO.
You're right, and everyone else too...

Last edited:
•••
Got me there for a second.. :lol:

•••
It doesn't worth the money like this, why to just burn such amount?

•••
Someone needs to call this guy and ask him.

Steve Simonson, 866-848-3392

•••
I think it sounds like pure bull !

•••
If only eh!!! As most members say here, just a PR stunt :( Did make me chuckle though :)

•••
chillking said:
I think it sounds like pure bull !
You mean "pure bull crap" :D

•••
this sale isnt true.. LoL..

•••
dirky00018 said:
this sale isnt true.. LoL..

Did you call the number to verify ?

•••
Charley said:
Did you call the number to verify ?

They put out a sales pitch which is made up to look like a real news story.
Do you expect them to tell the truth? :gl:

•••
what do they really want to accomplish?

•••
cache said:
what do they really want to accomplish?

well when it's back on the market in a couple months because the sale 'fell through' it will be quite a steal to get it at $x

•••
It must be the same guy that writes the .me press releases :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back