IT.COM

dot-SH is on the rise - Anybody into it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Registry Services

Established Member
Impact
sh-12-2017.png

Since Afilias took over running dot-SH it's been steadily on the rise - but still very small zone file, so should be a ton of great names still for hand reg - couldn't find any crypto or cannabis related ones still available.

[disclosure] - I used to be CTO at the registry operator before Afilias took over, now no relationship.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why would anyone put any money into .sh domains ? , unless your a citizen of saint helena , ascension , tristan da cunha . unless you live in one of the british overseas territories or just british in general .sh is a waste of time ( if your a domain speculator )

Last edited:
•••
why would anyone put any money into .sh domains ? , unless your a citizen of saint helena , ascension , tristan da cunha . unless you live in one of the british overseas territories or just british in general .sh is a waste of time ( if your a domain speculator )

The quick answer I guess, is becuase you can still get single generic words for hand-reg prices. I dunno, I'm not into to it, but somebody is - hence the question.

Not disagreeing, but isn't that true of *ALL* cctlds - except the very few that have some genuine generic meaning like TV, AI or IT)?

e.g Wouldn't the same have been true of dot-IO five yrs ago, but now it's really popular??

•••
•••
•••
For such an obscure zone there is substantial activity imo:
https://namebio.com/?s==IDN1cTN0UTM

I see its all listed are from "park.io" - they did a pretty comprehensive job of hoovering up desirable dot-IO's a couple of years ago - very efficient drop-catch system - I wonder if the lion's share of the growth is from them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back