IT.COM

Dot Com Death

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
Doesnt it look like ccTLD is going to take over the market ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Again: Power-Money-control

Ask yourself this: Why were the "other" TLD's created?

BTW, it does not matter which have the most. All that matters is who will you buy from? How many .us .cn .de.ect... Have you purchased products from?

One could put there money where there mouth is.

Domains available for registration:

microsoftz.org is available $9.99 / year
microsoftz.info is available $9.99 / year
microsoftz.biz is available ON SALE! $5.99 / year
microsoftz.ws is available $26.99 / year
microsoftz.us is available ON SALE! $5.99 / year
microsoftz.cc is available $29.99 / year
microsoftz.tv is available $37.99 / year
microsoftz.nu is available $29.99 / year
microsoftz.bz is available $29.99 / year
microsoftz.agent is available -info- $17.99 / year
microsoftz.tech is available -info- $17.99 / year
microsoftz.club is available -info- $17.99 / year
microsoftz.shop is available -info- $9.99 / year
microsoftz.travel is available -info- $17.99 / year
microsoftz.ca is available $16.99 / year
microsoftz.co.uk is available $9.99 / year
microsoftz.org.uk is available $9.99 / year
microsoftz.kids.us is available ON SALE! $119.99 / year
microsoftz.cn is available $29.99 / year
microsoftz.com.cn is available $29.99 / year
microsoftz.net.cn is available $29.99 / year
microsoftz.org.cn is available $29.99 / year

Just pulled from RegisterFly.

GO...GO...GO...

•••
What are you talking about ?

.us - .ca - .com.cn are all domains that have had very strict rules before. When you look at Alexa you see that ccTLDs are owing the market in Europe and I say the world will follow.

With that .com will loose ground, but it will still be strong never as strong as before.

•••
The World will follow, um... ok...

Mike

•••
I think you are acting really strange here.
You say that .com will allways be the best, but I have proved you wrong. And you are defending .com like it is your flag.

•••
lol, China as you mentioned was an exception which leaves me to conclude that they arnt the only ones exempt from this...

Do the email test thingy as a Member here did...

Mike

•••
.com future

Tippy said it all ... i partially agree that ccTLDs are gaining recognition fast in their respective countries but they have limits - i.e the boundaries of that country

if domain hunters stop looking for .coms that would be the day i jump for joy !!!

•••
...and probubly the reason why they are gaining is cause they cant get hold of the .com

Mike

•••
.com lost ground with first, second, third, forth...., 19th additions, and is still KING!

To answer my own guestion, the other TLD's were created because the .com's were gone.

As for the European market, the TOP 100 companies still have, use, or really want the .com.

History lesson:
The world has not followed Europe since the 14th Century.

Originally posted by cmos
What are you talking about ?

If the .whatevers are taking over then it would be a great idea to pick them up. Don't you think?

NOTE:
At the time of this post none of the domains previously listed have been grabbed!
Do NOT miss out, these are the domains of the future.

•••
What are the limits ?
Tippy as you can see its only countries that have had stric rules for their ccTLD there .com is still big.
Why wouldnt them change as the rest of the countries ?

•••
I think we should all agree not to agree with eachother :)

Lets reawake this tread in about 5 years and see where things stand.

My last 2 cents on the subject...

Mike

•••
You say that .com will allways be the best, but I have proved you wrong.

Define best!

Speaking of Alexa, Who is #1???

Oh...Yahoo.com

Edit;
Sounds good Mike

Go....Yahoo.eu :lol:

•••
robertjr its a branded name, would be as big if they had put the same resources on yahoo.us

Tippy yep, agree not to agree :D

•••
robertjr its a branded name, would be as big if they had put the same resources on yahoo.us
Tippy yep, agree not to agree :D

Since there's an agreement not to agree, the jury is still out (probably forever) on whether yahoo.us would have been as popular as yahoo.com if given the same resources. No one can prove this to a fact (at least, until someone invents a time machine and goes back to change history to prove the point).

But as much as it would be good for everybody if ccTLD's would appreciate much in value so that we're not limited to the .COMs that we DON'T have, this is (in this time) not true today. .COMs will command the most value for the forseeable future. The fact that it is now scarce because most good names have been registered only makes it even more valuable (scarcity).

•••
One thing that will boost the perception of international cctlds is what google is doing. Google maintains many google.cctld websites, and while I used to prefer to go to google.com, google automatically sends me to google.com.ph because my IP address says that I'm from the Philippines. Eventually, I stopped trying to go to google.com, and am happy surfing directly to the .com.ph version. This seemingly innocous google policy is bound to raise public awareness and acceptance of cctld's for surfers from outside the US.

•••
I am not sure where things will go in the future, but looking at this from a uk perspective com and co.uk domains are both advertised widely in the media. I read somewhere that uk customers prefer co.uk as they assume it indicates its a uk based company ( maybe because they are less likely to get ripped off if they are protected by uk law and easier to complain if they receive bad service etc). For what its worth bbc.com redirects to bbc.co.uk and sedo.com is owned by a computer consulting company?

Last edited:
•••
google automatically sends me to google.com.ph because my IP address says that I'm from the Philippines.
Interesting...What happens when you use the shortcut kys to fill in the address -Ctrl-Alt-Enter? (when not manually entering the tld).
BTW, the default .com for this key shortcut can be changed, but only to .net, .org, .info and .us the last time I looked.

I bring this up, because the default .com shtct has some bearing on .com's strength, and this discussion, as relates to address type-in's - am curious what happens w/ Google sites in other IP ranges?

sedo.com is owned by a computer consulting company?
HaHa. I once emailed the guy asking if he was interested in selling domain names from the site and if so, did he need any help.

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Grrilla
Interesting...What happens when you use the shortcut kys to fill in the address -Ctrl-Alt-Enter? (when not manually entering the tld).

I type in google, then press -Ctrl-Alt-Enter ... and ... it first goes to google.com, then a split second later redirects to google.com.ph.

•••
.com IS the preferred domain because it's the defacto default. Yes, ccTLD's are becoming popular so that international companies can more easily tailor sites to non-english speaking users and present a more local flavor. However, I've yet to see a single company that started with .com and adopted ccTLD's regionally sell or let their .com name intentionally drop.

•••
Well not yet, but I say it will.
Or anyway it wont be so important to have.

•••
It's rather simple. ccTLDs may be first choice for a national audience, but .COM is (and may always be) #1 for companies targeting a global market.

•••
Wow, a lot of discussion on this thread. I just want to point out that ccTLDs have little chance of catching on when they are priced as high as most of them are today.

Who wants to register a .tm (Turkmenistan) domain at $100/year with a 10 year MINIMUM commitment? And TM might be good for some people, but how can if catch on like that?

•••
Anthony Im not talking about .tv .tm .fm .am .nu .st when I say ccTLD.

•••
Anthony Im not talking about .tv .tm .fm .am .nu .st when I say ccTLD.

Well those are ccTLDs just like .us and .de, right? If not those, than which ccTLDs?

•••
Yes they are the same but the they have been outsourced and are beeing advertised on a other way than most regular ccTLDs.
Are you the only one not seeing the diffrence ?

•••
i think .com will always rule everything else will always be second choice

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back