IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yep, but the inference from using the CIRA email on the transfer request was that Siber will see the @cira.ca email and immediately send you the code, no questions.

I know, I just mentioned Twitter in case anyone wants to use that medium to ask/complain about the new process. But yeah, obviously use email for official requests and communication

•••
CIRA needs some teeth added to their regulations to take care of things like this. It's not reasonable to have everyone complain while registrars continue to be in violation of the regulations.

•••
Yep, but the inference from using the CIRA email on the transfer request was that Siber will see the @cira.ca email and immediately send you the code, no questions.
Lead your eMail with: "Please note we have copied CIRA"

•••
CIRA needs some teeth added to their regulations to take care of things like this. It's not reasonable to have everyone complain while registrars continue to be in violation of the regulations.

It's similar to Canada's laws and prevention mechanisms, they are designed to keep honest people on the straight and narrow, not control and monitor a nation of criminals.

Like that crackhead nurse who was stealing medication from patients (both using and reselling it), forcing them to suffer and even die, but because her addiction is deemed a "disease", she faced no jail time and the province required the senior home to give her the same job back, with the same access to patient meds. She even got compensation from Ontario taxpayers.

Human rights legislation like this was never designed to help crackhead thieves harm patients and freely embezzle companies with no criminal punishment, while totally ignoring the human rights of the patients, but they're 'built for an honest society" so lawyers easily abuse them:

https://nationalpost.com/news/nurse...cause-addiction-is-a-disease-arbitrator-rules

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...ling-pain-drugs-at-seniors-home-gets-job-back

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I heard back from Brent and gave him the link to the start of this and he will come on to clear it up.
There is categorically no charge for Auth codes he has assured me.
This was just a mix up by someone confusing Auth codes with other services..

To be honest, I was a bit surprised by all this Sibername transfer code fee stuff. If this was a mix up by some inexperienced employee, that makes a lot more sense...

•••
To be honest, I was a bit surprised by all this Sibername transfer code fee stuff. If this was a mix up by some inexperienced employee, that makes a lot more sense...
several different people quoting us several different prices. mix up?

•••
I was as well Rob. I have dealt with them for many years and they have always been straight shooters with me

Last edited:
•••
I heard back from Brent and gave him the link to the start of this
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dot-ca-discussion-and-showcase.491396/page-248#post-7738541
and he will come on to clear it up.

I can confirm this too. As a test, I emailed support requesting an auth code and I got it no problem with no mention of a fee.

I haven't started the transfer process yet, but so far there hasn't been any surprises

•••
I can confirm this too. As a test, I emailed support requesting an auth code and I got it no problem with no mention of a fee.

I haven't started the transfer process yet, but so far there hasn't been any surprises
I GOT IT!...emailed support for a second time at 5:00et and received the code within 30 minutes. and it didn't cost me $29.95. i wonder if there were others who just paid up?

•••
Very glad to hear it’s just a mix up, but I’m still stuck wondering why they removed the automatic auth-code option. In any event, good news.

•••

Seems a LOT suspicious that the fee for an authorization code directly coincided with the loss of authorization codes from the user dashboard.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Last edited:
•••
but I’m still stuck wondering why they removed the automatic auth-code option.

Exactly, and I think it's good Siber decided to backtrack on whatever they had planned.

•••
anyone have issues with sibername when trying to transfer out?
i could not find an auth code in my dashboard so i requested one. i got an email saying that since the name has been with them for less than a year i have to pay them $29.95 for services provided during the past year. there were no services, it was just sitting there. no $29.95,no auth code...Sorry but this domain was registered less than a year ago. We will need the setup fee of the services we provided before doing that; The cost would be $29.95
Your other alternative s to keep your domain name with us and use the other party information for their services like their DNS service.
Also did you not find it useful t build your website with our website builder?
Shall you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

I have had issues with Sibername lately as well. When transferring out .ca's the owner contacts me and tries to guilt me into renewing with them. Offers me an unquantified discount. He seems to be implying that if I don't keep the names there that "one day" the TBR service will disappear.

I don't pretend to know what the costs are for the TBR servers and whatever they need to do that, but if I renew a domain for $18 times the 25 or 30 that I have there, they don't make squat compared to the 2k or3k that I have spent on TBR auctions.

Thay have always sent the Auth code though.

•••
•••
So just got off chat with Siber and they said Auth code is now done through support and there is a $12 charge.
I am going to look into this further. I will contact Bulent or Eugene for clarification.
This is bad as the very least they get from me/us is $35 for a domain through the TBR.
They said they let people know this was coming..I told them I hadn’t received anything...anyone else get anything?

Nothing.

I know they monitor this thread and I will happily transfer all my domains out as soon as the lock is over.

•••
I don't pretend to know what the costs are for the TBR servers and whatever they need to do that, but if I renew a domain for $18 times the 25 or 30 that I have there, they don't make squat compared to the 2k or3k that I have spent on TBR auctions.

Exactly - each TBR connection costs $1K a year, not counting TBR-specific labor and tech costs, so I wouldn't take their sob story too seriously.

I think the real issue is similar to MyID, that if you leave and take your $3K domains away, then there is no future asset potential in case you get sick or die.

Last edited:
•••
Seems a LOT suspicious that the fee for an authorization code directly coincided with the loss of authorization codes from the user dashboard.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Exactimundo!

•••
...then there is no future asset potential in case you get sick or die.
If I may, let me take a second to say that it is critical to have a "line of succession" or better: a will. This past December my dear friend Tom (at my prompting) said he would (finally) meet with his lawyer to have his drawn up for the first time.

We are both vintage 1950's. Pardon me: WERE. He died before the meet… without any paperwork although he'd said (and said) he'd get around to it. So now his substantial estate is with the trustee…

Insert PROFANITY here!

My wife and lawyer have detailed instructions for domain access including current offers and buyer targets.

Just sayin'

Carry on…

•••
Looks like the self-service option for Auth-Codes is back at Sibername. Guess they got our message

•••
I like them and I have found over the years that they usually do listen.
Try getting GD or MyID to change something:xf.rolleyes::ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
•••
It looks like the TBR has a lot of English and French words (aged to ~2001-2002) being dropped that were previously used as forwards to Outdoors.ca, an old school "Guide to Outdoor Activities in Canada", a few of which might be useful..

Last edited:
•••
To Be Released (TBR) Weekly .CA Picks for April 29 2020

The .CA numbers remained virtually the same this week, and although the LLLs did take over, we still have a nice mix of 3-letter and single-word options on the list today. There are several true premiums featured on our weekly Top Picks, with the top domains being...

In the time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey

•••
Hi;

This is Bulent from SiberName. I was informed about this forum by CIRA. I would like to clarify that we have placed back the Auth-Code link to the user area.

The employees were informed not to ask for any fee for the Auth-Code request. Anyone with the issues can contact me directly;

I am very sorry for this inconvenience caused;

Kind Regards;

Bulent Turkoglu

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back