Domain Empire

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Let's assume it is, as you'd have to be batsh*t crazy to drop JOBS.CA.
lol..true..if it wasnt such a highly competitive niche for me to develop (budget wise) even jobz (brandable) has potential.

•••
lol, JOBS.ca sold for $600k years ago and is an active site. Of course it's jobz.ca

•••
lol, JOBS.ca sold for $600k years ago and is an active site. Of course it's jobz.ca

Did everyone not realize this instantly?

•••
•••
Obviously, I didn't..lol!

How many keyboards did you break in the rush to set up all those TBR orders?

"JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA, JOBS.CA,"

tenor.gif

Last edited:
•••
How many keyboards did you break in the rush to set up all those TBR orders?

tenor.gif
Well...been on mobile most of the day...I can move one finger that fast! lol

Still affected by time change..(yeah a lazy excuse..how about weak coffee..lol)

•••
sorry i quickly posted the list.

JOBZ.ca not jobs lol autocorrect and i cut pasted the list. And i was using Hexonet's backorder sorter it lists domains on a star rating. and sometimes show two weeks at once so some may be on the next list.

•••
sorry for all the confusion, got the board hopping though!

•••
•••
oh I am BatShit Crazy no doubt. I have let most of my domians drop only have a 1/4 of what i did have. and going to let more go.

•••
All best of all..you are not "batsh1t crazy" love that term lol..

Yeah, it really takes "crazy" to the next level.

BTW, here are my fave registrations of the week:

aaaaggg.ca
aaagggg.ca
aaaagggg.ca

There are also others with "r's" in them, like the guy was really trying to get the exact right phonetics.

•••
•••
Seriously, this is one crazy week. It's got everything, literally, like a, say....

wikipedia.ca

Last edited:
•••
It's only the tip of the iceberg. With dot.ca you are either purpose based or you lose a lot of money.

•••
•••
I posted this in the general area, but I wanted to vent here as well:

Damn, it's infuriating trying to help some people.

I was on GoDaddy going through the latest Closeouts when a .COM brand I recognized just popped up. I made sure I wasn't imagining it and then decided to play Good Samaritan (it's a small company I read about in a mag) and advise them through their website that their 6-letter brand (they operate under a much longer name) was available for an $11 Buy it Now at GoDaddy.

It's a small company and I had no desire to try and squeeze any profit out of them, so I just provided the GoDaddy link and thought my job was done.

The first reply was was immediate, and from the owner, with the usual "is this legit?" type questions, so I reply... "Yes, it's available on GoDaddy", which is essentially the Walmart of domains, and tell him to act fast because short & brandable Closeouts go fast. At this point the domain is still available.

His second reply thanks me and tells me that he's going to "look into it". So I reply back one more time to act fast if he wants to own the online brand as short domains like this go fast. I check and the domain is still available.

The third reply is asking more questions, like I'm some font of information, and I again recommend he just spend the BIN price and secure his online brand. I check again and the domain is still available.

About 30 minutes later, I get an irate reply back that he has finally decided to buy it, but the domain is no longer available and what I can do about it. That's it for me, bye bye. :punch::punch::punch:

Seriously, helping people is often just not worth it, as it progressed from me being a possible scammer to me being a guardian angel to me being a bad guy, since it took him almost an hour to decide on an $11 BIN.

Last edited:
•••
TBR Run October 31:

161 domains taken, out of the Top 10, Pool and Sibername got 4 each, with the other 2 going to DomainsatCost - where were MyID.ca?

Top 10 Highlights - BTB.CA, TLL.CA, PIC.CA, RUNS.CA, TRIVIAL.CA

Biggest Surprise - TWL.CA lasts til Pick 27 - lots of companies seem to use TWL, just saying. Also, OPENS.CA goes last in 161st spot.

Last edited:
•••
I posted this in the general area, but I wanted to vent here as well:

Damn, it's infuriating trying to help some people.

I was on GoDaddy going through the latest Closeouts when a .COM brand I recognized just popped up. I made sure I wasn't imagining it and then decided to play Good Samaritan (it's a small company I read about in a mag) and advise them through their website that their 6-letter brand (they operate under a much longer name) was available for an $11 Buy it Now at GoDaddy.

It's a small company and I had no desire to try and squeeze any profit out of them, so I just provided the GoDaddy link and thought my job was done.

The first reply was was immediate, and from the owner, with the usual "is this legit?" type questions, so I reply... "Yes, it's available on GoDaddy", which is essentially the Walmart of domains, and tell him to act fast because short & brandable Closeouts go fast. At this point the domain is still available.

His second reply thanks me and tells me that he's going to "look into it". So I reply back one more time to act fast if he wants to own the online brand as short domains like this go fast. I check and the domain is still available.

The third reply is asking more questions, like I'm some font of information, and I again recommend he just spend the BIN price and secure his online brand. I check again and the domain is still available.

About 30 minutes later, I get an irate reply back that he has finally decided to buy it, but the domain is no longer available and what I can do about it. That's it for me, bye bye. :punch::punch::punch:

Seriously, helping people is often just not worth it, as it progressed from me being a possible scammer to me being a guardian angel to me being a bad guy, since it took him almost an hour to decide on an $11 BIN.

The problem here is you are a professional who understands the need to procure your identity online. You know domains don't last long and how to procure them. To the everyday person godaddy sounds like some scam site, I mean.... what the hell is a godaddy?

That is what you have to look at. So kudos to you for trying but there is a vast difference in understanding here.

I get 4-6 offers a week on red .ca for under $250 bucks. I used to get upset and think "how dare they" when I now now that some of them really are that clueless and they truly do not understand the business we are in.

•••
@MapleDots makes a good point re the name GoDaddy. I think both GD and Namecheap should rebrand to more distinguished sounding names imho.

•••
I don't know, I think it's too far gone now for rebranding.. imo GD is to domains as Google is to the Internet, in the world of ordinary Joe..

•••
The problem here is you are a professional who understands the need to procure your identity online. You know domains don't last long and how to procure them. To the everyday person godaddy sounds like some scam site, I mean.... what the hell is a godaddy?

That is what you have to look at. So kudos to you for trying but there is a vast difference in understanding here.

The lack of knowledge and info was part of it (especially at the start), but I think the bigger problem was that he somehow felt he could do some work, have a coffee and cigarette, scratch his butt for awhile, and then decide whether he wanted it or not.

Then when he found out he couldn't, and he realized his error then somehow, someone else has to be to blame.

It was a very disappointing experience that I will not be attempting again.

•••
I don't know, I think it's too far gone now for rebranding.. imo GD is to domains as Google is to the Internet, in the world of ordinary Joe..

This guy knew GoDaddy, but it was almost impossible (actually, it was impossible) for the owner to understand that a 6-letter brand dropping into their lap on an $11 GoDaddy Closeout wasn't something to hum and hah about for an hour.

But he certainly got that, AFTER he discovered it was already sold. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
This guy knew GoDaddy, but it was almost impossible (actually, it was impossible) to the owner, that a 6-letter brand dropping on an $11 GoDaddy Closeout wasn't something to hum and hah about for an hour.

And he got that, AFTER he discovered it was already sold.
Oh ya for sure..to us its a no-brainer. But he's not in domain biz, I'd cut him some slack.. an hour to him probably was a lightning fast decision.

•••
Oh ya for sure..to us its a no-brainer. But he's not in domain biz, I'd cut him some slack.. an hour to him probably was a lightning fast decision.

I'd cut him any slack necessary, if he didn't start pointing the finger at me when he found out the domain was gone.

And seriously, it's an $11 BIN. Huh?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back