Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
When picking through the TBR leftovers, be sure to check out the Cryto-related domains near the bottom of the list. Surprised to see so many go unselected:

http://www.domainrecap.com/2018/picks/ca-to-be-released-tbr-results-september-27/

No surprise to me, I predict a crash in crypto domains, there are way too many with not near the end users. Add to that fact that these are .ca's and I can see why they are getting dropped.

VR and all those variants are all mostly doomed to failure.

I have a handful of carefully selected ones but will not be buying any more.

So no.... this is not a surprise to me and I predict more of these type of drops.

•••
the problem is .ca in general
no matter the name
it always was and will be hard sell

•••
the problem is .ca in general
no matter the name
it always was and will be hard sell

I've said this before, but you need to treat the .CA market like the top 10% of the .COM market, i.e. we have fewer people, fewer businesses and fewer buyers, so only the cream of the crop is really worth buying tor resale.

But there are definitely opportunities, you just can't be spending money on ZJX.ca or wilddealsforeveryone.ca.

•••
I just picked up

MiningBitcoin.ca
MiningBitcoins.ca
BitcoinInvestment.ca
OrganicCBD.ca
FreshBrew.ca
VirtualConcepts.ca

all at Rebel.ca $4.50

•••
I have CryptoToday
Good enough for me

•••
NamesPro.ca has $4.88 .CA registrations:xf.eek:O_o:xf.smile:

•••
I realize that it is not .ca (the government own that one!) but the domain name Canada in .com announced taking offers. I thought I would show the link here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/canada-com-is-for-sale.1102308/

Interesting to me also that they announced this on Twitter. I increasingly think Twitter is playing a pretty major role in domain names.

•••
Picked up pure(dot)ca today

Many many months of negotiations to land this one

•••
I have a few more big ones in the works

84k in bids still up for the taking

Keep tuned as offers get accepted

•••
•••
Bah..waited too long. "Pinecones" finally taken by someone, was on my list for well over a year..methinks waiting a year to register something too long? lol.

Why did I want pinecones? Well, because the singular is unavailable from the registry. Why is the singular unavailable? Because it is taken in a sub-domain format by one of the provinces (ie pinecone.on.ca). So I thought the plural was actually the best.

Oh well. Poop on a scoop. Snooze you lose.

I needed a consolation prize, so as I was sipping my frothy coffee this morning, I registered

f r o t h . ca

Pretty sure it will be the Next Big Crypto VR Cannabinoid 3D Artificially Intelligent Autonomous IOT Thing ever.

•••
Oh well. Poop on a scoop. Snooze you lose.
I needed a consolation prize, so as I was sipping my frothy coffee this morning, I registered

f r o t h . ca
Pretty sure it will be the Next Big Crypto VR Cannabinoid 3D Artificially Intelligent Autonomous IOT Thing ever.

HeHe

I vote this as post of the week :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
I just picked up

MiningBitcoin.ca
MiningBitcoins.ca
BitcoinInvestment.ca
OrganicCBD.ca
FreshBrew.ca
VirtualConcepts.ca

all at Rebel.ca $4.50

Nice! I like them all, especially organicCBD!
It inspired me to pick up NaturalCBD 👍🏻😁😃👍🏻

Cheers Dan!

•••
From the "While You Were Sleeping" file (I was):

Was watching SpongeBob with my 4 year old this morning on the family channel. After 2 episodes, a 30 minute block, I saw the ad for CHRGD.ca 4 times.

Registered in 2015, possibly a hand reg or tbr drop, I didn't look.

The point is Canada's Fortune 5000 don't need to buy your top 10% super premium .ca's. They have smart marketing people who can go around you. If you leave crumbs on the table the mice will feast.

•••
Was watching SpongeBob with my 4 year old this morning on the family channel. After 2 episodes, a 30 minute block, I saw the ad for CHRGD.ca 4 times.

LOL, it took me actually typing that URL to even understand what it was supposed to mean. Too many missing letters to make it even remotely pronounceable - plus it's just an add-on site for Family, as it would hardly do for a real company to operate off that monstrosity.

•••
•••
They could have bought www.charge.ca for 5k USD

I offered 5k CAD on that one and they did not sell it to me.

It will be a cold day in Hades before I pay USD to buy a .ca direct from a Canadian.

Last edited:
•••
They could have bought www.charge.ca for 5k USD

I believe that they were branding "Charged"

" Family Chrgd (stylized as family CHRGD) is a Canadian English-language Category B specialty channel owned by DHX Media. Chrgd broadcasts live-action and animated children's programming aimed towards viewers aged 6–12.[1]

The channel first launched on June 1, 2011, under the ownership of Astral Media as a localized version of Disney XD, serving as a sister network to Family Channel (which, at that time, held rights to the programming of Disney XD's parent network Disney Channel). Following the acquisition of Astral Media by Bell Media, Disney XD was divested to DHX Media. On October 9, 2015, as a result of Corus Entertainment's acquisition of Canadian rights to Disney's children's programming and associated brands (which resulted in the launch of a new channel under the Disney XD brand), the channel was re-launched as Family Chrgd."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Chrgd

Noticed Disney..they could have bought any name!

It will be a cold day in Hades before I pay USD to buy a .ca direct from a Canadian.

I had the same experience with Canadian based "content" writers..I could pay the same amount of money for a content written by a American (I don't deal with fiverr/etc) but then again on the other side of the coin (loonie), getting paid in US funds (compared to Canadians) is a bonus! I prefer to shop "Canadian" if I had a choice..

•••
Regardless, it's a terrible name, and the first time I looked at it, the phonetics certainly didn't jump off the page ("Che - Re - Ge - De...?). Even some people on here got confused and thought it meant "Charge".

Lots of companies pick horrible brand names, and this is just another one.

•••
Regardless, it's a terrible name, and the first time I looked at it, the phonetics certainly didn't jump off the page ("Che - Re - Ge - De...?). Even some people on here got confused and thought it meant "Charge".
The first time I looked at it,,it stuck to me!
:

How do you get Charge from CHRGD ?

Lots of companies pick horrible brand names, and this is just another one.

Big deep pockets are behind that name.
Obviously the marketing team (or whoever) thought it was a great name, it sure wasn't a average Joe decision !

•••
Obviously the marketing team (or whoever) thought it was a great name, it sure wasn't a average Joe decision !

I've worked in a lot of big companies and you would be surprised at the average IQ of the executive class. Most get by on connections, family name and (sometimes) looks. It was available and cheap, and someone in Marketing sold the company wigs on it - it's not that's difficult and read some business case studies to what kind of crazy crap got sold to major businesses.

As one con artist said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Rich people think that because they're rich, they're automatically smart, but really they're just lucky and you can take advantage of that."

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/mathematics-confirms-rich-people-arent-smart-theyre-lucky

It's like doctors, people think they're God - nope, they're my now-grown-up drunken ex-roomates from University getting C's and D's through Med school.

How do you get Charge from CHRGD ?

How do you (quickly) get Charged from CHRGD? Seriously, it's not a clear phonetic, and the best comparison would be Che-Reg-De. (n):-P

Last edited:
•••
What's interesting about this is that CHARGED.CA might be coming up soon.

•••
How do you (quickly) get Charged from CHRGD? Seriously, it's not a clear phonetic, and the best comparison would be Che-Reg-De. (n):-P
Just remind me of "text" talk/acroymns...
CHaRGeD (the small missing letters, my brain automatically filled in"
if it was CHRG probably first thought (decipher) would be CHaRGe
Interesting read about the brain
https://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/why-your-brain-can-read-jumbled-letters

typo.jpg

"the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole

Last edited:
•••
That is funny. As a chef for many years I also see many that think that suddenly because they have money they also get a refined palate to go with it. Pretentious gits! :xf.rolleyes::xf.grin:

As one con artist said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Rich people think that because they're rich, they're automatically smart, but really they're just lucky and you can take advantage of that."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back