IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just lost 3 more...

Due to an error in the .CA registry, domains you recently registered have been recalled as they were restricted domains not available for registration. We discovered this issue as part of our ongoing compliance process to ensure the fair and proper functioning of the .CA registry.

Your impacted domains are:

· county.ca

· culture.ca

· region.ca

The domains you registered were part of a restricted list and were inadvertently released to the public.

Accordingly, the domains have been recalled and are no longer available for registration. We are communicating with affected registrars that will process a refund in due course. Any other .CA domains you have registered are unaffected. The .CA registry is now operating normally and we look forward to serving you in the future.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your time.

CIRA Compliance Team

Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)

1-877-860-1411 | www.cira.ca

•••
•••
Now that their TBR is complete, they might be going to town.

HeHe.... you forgot to add...

Pardon the pun

Get it? town.ca :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
So I guess the TBR run was another fiasco?

PS, from the WHOIS results it looks like MyID got ALL the 10+ domains I was bidding on - no joke.

Last edited:
•••
So I guess the TBR run was another fiasco?

PS, from the WHOIS results it looks like MyID got ALL the 10+ domains I was bidding on - no joke.

It should be called the MyID TBR

Really... we should complain to cira

for one entity to continuously grab all the most valuable TBR's there is something seriously wrong with the system. We have no chance and the TBR is supposed to be fair to everyone.

We should start an online petition or something to have the whole process be more fair and transparent.

•••
It's Setup Like
-
Cira-Incompetent Untouchable Government
-
MYID And Others-Rich Corporations That Get The Gravy
-
Everybody Else-The Crumbs From The Table

•••
The .com market as big as it is, works in similar fashion.

•••
It's Setup Like
-
Cira-Incompetent Untouchable Government
-
MYID And Others-Rich Corporations That Get The Gravy
-
Everybody Else-The Crumbs From The Table

+ Registrars holding premium expires instead of sending to TBR as required.

•••
:) I was the owner of city.ca for a week, it no longer resolves to my cool looking landing page.

Dear Privacy Guardian, due to an error in the .CA registry, a domain you recently registered has been recalled as it was a restricted domain not available for registration. We discovered this issue as part of our ongoing compliance process to ensure the fair and proper functioning of the .CA registry.

Your impacted domain is:

· city.ca

It's a shame, I did see it coming but I was going to wait at least until 30 days went past to sell it as per their registration rules. The money was really going to help me change my life, but too bad.

Regardless, owning the domain for a week was REALLY interesting though. A bunch of stats for last week:

04895e7850.png

And the unique count through the week :
fd61124669.png

The interesting and creepy part was the e-mails. There's a HUGE influx of e-mails sent to addresses @ this domain. Any people here who can contact CIRA should totally let them know.

408d04054f.png

These are the stats of daily e-mails since I registered the domain. The latest 75% is a bit bugged, there is a constant error that keeps being sent to the domain. But there is absolutely from 5 to 20 e-mails sent every day to this domain. And not any usual normal e-mail, it's almost exclusively phishing emails, blackmailing people to send x amount to y bitcoin address, and all you can imagine from that cesspool. I wouldn't ask only CIRA to look into this but also Computer crime units. Please insist on them to check it out.

Good luck to all of you owning more .ca domains out there, I hope you don't lose all of them. And I'm technically glad I registered the domain myself... Even if I couldn't profit from it, if it was someone with bad intentions I am 100% sure that they could have created a lot of problems. Oh well. Also, cat's out of the bag, I'm not actually canadian, I do love Canada though.

•••
:) I was the owner of city.ca for a week, it no longer resolves to my cool looking landing page.

It's a shame, I did see it coming but I was going to wait at least until 30 days went past to sell it as per their registration rules. The money was really going to help me change my life, but too bad.

Regardless, owning the domain for a week was REALLY interesting though. A bunch of stats for last week:

04895e7850.png

fd61124669.png

The interesting and creepy part was the e-mails. There's a HUGE influx of e-mails sent to addresses @ this domain. Any people here who can contact CIRA should totally let them know.

408d04054f.png

These are the stats of daily e-mails since I registered the domain. The latest 75% is a bit bugged, there is a constant error that keeps being sent to the domain. But there is absolutely from 5 to 20 e-mails sent every day to this domain. And not any usual normal e-mail, it's almost exclusively phishing emails, blackmailing people to send x amount to y bitcoin address, and all you can imagine from that cesspool. I wouldn't ask only CIRA to look into this but also Computer crime units. Please insist on them to check it out.

Good luck to all of you owning more .ca domains out there, I hope you don't lose all of them. And I'm technically glad I registered the domain myself... Even if I couldn't profit from it, if it was someone with bad intentions I am 100% sure that they could have created a lot of problems. Oh well. Also, cat's out of the bag, I'm not actually canadian, I do love Canada though.

This domain is excluded from the 30 days rule, it is something that is tied into their core terms, and conditions. I wouldn't feel bad, as it never should have been unreserved for public registration according to their own rules, so least you can tell people you owned city.ca at one point. You are right, it would have brought in a great figure had you rightfully owned it, but it's registration comes with a very strict set of guidelines.

•••
Thanks or those stats, thats cool (y)
Which registrar did you use and did you get refund? I used rebel, nothing from them yet for my reclaimed name

04895e7850.png

fd61124669.png

408d04054f.png

•••
Thanks or those stats, thats cool (y)
Which registrar did you use and did you get refund? I used rebel, nothing from them yet for my reclaimed name

I registered it with Namesilo. And yes it still shows up in my purchased domains on it. But since the whois is correctly updated now I'm sure it's just a shell of the website, and namesilo will process it once they receive the refund.

•••
MYID caught 2 of my 5, but then again so did Sibername. Sibernames auction ends on Thursday and MYID's on Friday. For the same names.

I guess I'm looking for a mulligan.

•••
MYID caught 2 of my 5, but then again so did Sibername. Sibernames auction ends on Thursday and MYID's on Friday. For the same names.

I guess I'm looking for a mulligan.

Are you _sure_ your sibername auctions are even legit? Check whois and see who really registered those domains before you bother wasting your time in a sibername auction... they're still all screwed up... Disappointing that Sibername couldn't be bothered to take down the bogus auctions or at least post a message that they are totally screwed up.

•••
BTW - I lost all of the domains from the CIRA "recall" yesterday too. There's one I'm arguing over though - as there is no reasonable justification for one of them to be reserved or restricted as it doesn't fit any of the categories of other restricted/reserved domains. I've replied to their "recall" notice and have requested a thoughtful response to my concern/complaint. Anyone want to bet on how that goes for me?

•••
Are you _sure_ your sibername auctions are even legit? Check whois and see who really registered those domains before you bother wasting your time in a sibername auction... they're still all screwed up... Disappointing that Sibername couldn't be bothered to take down the bogus auctions or at least post a message that they are totally screwed up.

Thats too bad, I'm winning them both at Sibername.🤣

•••
Thats too bad, I'm winning them both at Sibername.🤣

What is the registrar? Are they Sibername? or someone else too?

•••
Update : Eugene @ Sibername was working the night shift and got the auction mess straightened out. My auctions look good now. Thanks Eugene!

•••
Update : Eugene @ Sibername was working the night shift and got the auction mess straightened out. My auctions look good now. Thanks Eugene!

Sibername is much better with their support than Myid.

Namespro is still my favourite .ca register for support.

•••
I'm really starting to wonder if there will be TBR results offered by CIRA anymore (CIRA historically offers them to Registrars at the end of the process), or if the CIRA is just going to sweep the overall results and thereby the company (MyID) that wins everything, under the carpet?

•••
Eugene at Sibername got mine sorted overnight as well rlm:xf.smile: Thanks Eugene!

Oddly DR.. Siber usually posts all of the results from the weeks TBR however only 73 that they caught showing at this time.:xf.confused:O_o
Could be the list is still in flux as they and others try and sort it out and perhaps the complete list will become available once it is all sorted.

Last edited:
•••
Or maybe there is no list at all going forward? You never know with CIRA.

And there won't be one this week - it's provided as a last-second snapshot when the TBR run is over, and Registars need to grab it then or forever hold their peace.

So that means a) CIRA screwed up yet again or b) CIRA is no longer offering this snapshot under the new system.

•••
All this discussion about CIRA, domains taken back, etc sure doesn't me to invest in ca's..thinking any lurkers might feel the.same.

•••
What bothers me most about the CIRA is their almost-total lack of software development, testing and implementation skills.

•••
I’m still okay investing bri... Was this a big cluster....oh yeah... but I think it will get sorted and move on and hopefully cira learns from it.

Most of the names, town.ca...city.ca that got taken back I believe the people that reg’d them knew wasn’t going to stick but wth, reg them and see.

It might seem I am taking it lightly....I’m not. It is a mess that could have been avoided I’m pretty sure, but hopefully CIRA learns from it moving forward.

I think what bothers me is that they post nothing on their website letting anyone know what is happening... we deserve to know and they didn’t offer anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back