NameSilo

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
114 picks and NIB.CA taken first, just ahead of AGC.CA.

And both were .000 bulls-eyes for MyID. :xf.eek::xf.confused::xf.cool:

•••
114 picks and NIB.CA taken first, just ahead of AGC.CA.

And both were .000 bulls-eyes for MyID. :xf.eek::xf.confused::xf.cool:

I swear the results weren't out when I made my prediction! lol

•••
•••
Where's the LOL button?

Question: do all domains won by MYID.ca first go in the name of Danny Hunter, until they are transferred to winning bidder (assuming Danny Hunter isn't one of the bidders)?

•••
Hey, I just realized that we were both right (or I was right and you cheated) as both were taken at the same 19.00:00:000 time.

As for Danny Hunter, yep, that's how they go and it probably makes it easier for them in the long run. LOL

•••
To Be Released (TBR) .CA Results & Leftovers for April 15, 2020

The TBR numbers increased a bit this week, but it was a very top-heavy list with a few very serious LLL picks, but not a lot of options below that layer of heavy cream. Some of the more notable Top 10 Picks included...

Come And Get 'Em!

•••
•••
I’m still waiting for 2 names I won at MyId auction almost 2 months ago. I did send off an email about a week or so ago but no response. Amazing customer service they have!!!!!!!!

•••
I’m still waiting for 2 names I won at MyId auction almost 2 months ago. I did send off an email about a week or so ago but no response. Amazing customer service they have!!!!!!!!

Just hope they haven't resold them yet. :xf.grin:

And I envision MyID as one guy with a pile of blade servers in his basement running the entire show. Their website is fully mired in 1993 and I can't log in.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ummm Sibernames is saying they got NIB.ca and that i'm in the auction for it? People have already started bidding but it seems pretty clear that MyID got it...

Last edited:
•••
Ummm Sibernames is saying they got NIB.ca and that i'm in the auction for it? People have already started bidding but it seems pretty clear that MyID got it...

This is a classic problem with Sibername that they seem to not care to fix. Emailed them about it on several occasions. So have others. It's easy as hell for them to automate a whois validation of results before they start posting results like that. Any hack programmer could, even non-programmers could figure it out given a day. But apparently not at Sibername.

I'm hoping if I taunt them enough here they'll finally just fix this issue.

•••

Don't email them, that seems to be a black hole. Use their support form on their website. Yes, they are slow as fuck. They don't send out invoices quickly, sometimes not at all. And even after you pay, then you have to nag them usually to actually put the domain in your account.

Its as if they don't want you to pay, they'd rather keep the domains for themselves (which we already knew...) And they're also hoping you're lazy and won't realize you didn't even get the domain put into your account.

•••
Don't email them, that seems to be a black hole. Use their support form on their website. Yes, they are slow as fuck. They don't send out invoices quickly, sometimes not at all. And even after you pay, then you have to nag them usually to actually put the domain in your account.

Its as if they don't want you to pay, they'd rather keep the domains for themselves (which we already knew...) And they're also hoping you're lazy and won't realize you didn't even get the domain put into your account.

Haha the recent template upgrade must've wiped out the naughty filter.

•••

tenor.gif

And then when it comes up for renewal, you never get the notice and somehow "Danny Hunter" does.... and the rich get richer.

MyID .CA Marketplace

Last edited:
•••
So I finally hear back from them at “2:22 AM”. Apparently, I owe them over $140 so I asked them to send me the details as to why I owe them that much and from where.
If it wasn’t for their TBR’s, I would never deal with them. They are Canada’s version of NETSOL.

•••
I will say that I have serious reservations about DAN.com driving any organic traffic to your domain listings, and I was not surprised to see them issue a "We're Spending $$$ on Driving Traffic to DAN" release, as it can't just be me noticing this.

I firmly believe that a huge percentage of DAN sales are from those who send/park their traffic on the site - a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't send traffic yourself, it's cricket time.

GD, Sedo, and Afternic all have inherent traffic and views, and I've sold plenty of domains there without any traffic forwarding. GD is very good at this, and I highly recommend people take the time to list there.

Uniregistry is a totally different animal, and I have NEVER even got an offer, let alone sold anything, through their marketplace (for years).

Personally, I would say Sedo and GD in a dead heat, with Afternic a solid second, and I would probably send traffic to Sedo first (lower commission), then GD.

dan and unireg are same boat.. as is afternic.
meaning that if you do not use their lander for redirect trafic, you get nothing directly from their market. no one even knows you exist.. minus few exceptions of course.
aftrnic may be bit better than dan and unireg... but the diff is so small to most that they're still same boat.

gd is by far the winner in terms of exposure without landers redirect.
then comes sedo.

this is what I experience, and what I read many others experience too. in this case -- the majority. cheers.

•••
OMG, look at who just dropped what:

purolator.ca

That's a dangerous one and I can't believe they let it go. Probably pandemic-related with everyone working (aka sleeping/playing video games) at home.

•••

purolator.ca

That's a dangerous one and I can't believe they let it go. Probably pandemic-related with everyone working (aka sleeping/playing video games) at home.

Saw that earlier today... Hopefully someone here can pick that up ;)

•••

Haven't had much trouble moving them out. Have had much more trouble from them just recognizing the backorder in the first place.

Unlike Sibername. Everytime I move one out they email me with hat in hand and sad eyes like Puss in Boots from the Shrek movies.

•••

purolator.ca

It expired in February though, so they surely saw and ignored the emails leading up to the renewal. I wonder if it's a case of the Registrant no longer working for Purolator. Have to imagine the domain was registered for multiple years at a time and not year-to-year

Anyway, I hear the winning bidder gets an all expenses (un)paid trip to CDRP-town if they manage to snag this beauty

Last edited:
•••
Anyway, I hear the winning bidder gets an all expenses (un)paid trip to CDRP-town if they manage to snag this beauty

I think that's pretty well guaranteed.

Almost as good as the guy on Price is Right who won the all-expenses 5-day trip to the Stanley Cup Finals.

•••
Hey guys. Just a heads up that you might want to log into your Afternic account if you haven't done so in a while. Someone told me how they had a couple price requests pending despite not receiving any email notifications about them. When I went to check, I also had a price request pending but never received any notification about it.

•••
There is definitely something wrong with the Afternic email response system.

•••
Easily the worst week I've ever seen in terms of LLL selection, and so far we've got:

EHX.ca and OZR.ca

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back