IT.COM

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like Siber got taken over by MyID.

I'd request the auth code thrugh the CIRA and state that Siber refuses to let it go without paying $30 for the transfer code, which is against the rules.

It's what a lot of people have to do with MyID, who hold your domain in a death grip, hoping that at some point you'll either forget to renew it or die, and then it goes into their marketplace.
any idea how long it would take going that route?

•••
any idea how long it would take going that route?
on the cira site it states i can't even get them involved until 5 days after i request the code. i requested it today.

•••
•••
Damn, I was looking through the list and saw moximus.ca and my tired eyes thought it was maximus.ca, and had my money all ready to ship.

•••
Then this morning I wake up, pick up my phone and am greeted with to a pair of "Congratulations" emails that offers/prices had been accepted and the money received. Both 3-figures, both .CA, one a lower number that was a BIN domain that was just sitting there and the other quite a bit higher that was a negotiation where the buyer accepted my last offer.

OMG, I just read this and I must have been tired from not sleeping much over the last few days (and confused zeroes with numbers), but it should have stated:

Both 4-figures (USD), both .CA, one a lower number that was a BIN domain that was just sitting there and the other quite a bit higher that was a negotiation where the buyer accepted my last offer.

I just reread it after someone quoted the post, and I'm thinking "what kind of nimrod proudly states that he sold a domain for low 3-figures?" Let's have a parade! Thankfully I negotiated the other one to "high 3-figures" Yeesh. :xf.frown:

Damn, I need sleep, it's almost 2 AM EST and I'm still plunking away. This is me getting up every morning:

tumblr_ochtisYZ0r1ut1d6co1_500.gif

Last edited:
•••
on the cira site it states i can't even get them involved until 5 days after i request the code. i requested it today.

Just went to check my Sibername account for a couple of CA's I have with them and you're right...the authcode option isn't there any more in the domain management dashboard. Wonder what they are up to

•••
Speaking of the CIRA, I was up last night trying to place some TBR orders and hand-reg a few domains, and everything was offline due to CIRA maintenance. It finally kicked back on around 1AM.

I hope I can get some top ones for my usual "3-figures". :xf.cool:

•••
Just went to check my Sibername account for a couple of CA's I have with them and you're right...the authcode option isn't there any more in the domain management dashboard. Wonder what they are up to

Setting up their own Domain Marketplace? :xf.laugh:

•••
extortion

•••
So just got off chat with Siber and they said Auth code is now done through support and there is a $12 charge.
I am going to look into this further. I will contact Bulent or Eugene for clarification.
This is bad as the very least they get from me/us is $35 for a domain through the TBR.
They said they let people know this was coming..I told them I hadn’t received anything...anyone else get anything?

•••
You need to contact the CIRA about this, as I don't believe there is any option to charge customers to move domains.

ICANN got rid of that a long time ago, and there is no way to enforce a "transfer fee" - maybe it the CIRA gets enough calls for transfer codes Siber is holding hostage, then they'll slap Siber around a bit.

To me, it looks like Siber is pulling this idiotic stunt during the pandemic because it's so difficult to get through to CIRA support.

Straight from ICANN: A transfer cannot be denied due to non-payment of a transfer fee.

Essentially Siber is forcing you to call the CIRA each time you want to transfer out.

Last edited:
•••
So just got off chat with Siber and they said Auth code is now done through support and there is a $12 charge.
I am going to look into this further. I will contact Bulent or Eugene for clarification.
This is bad as the very least they get from me/us is $35 for a domain through the TBR.
They said they let people know this was coming..I told them I hadn’t received anything...anyone else get anything?
nothing

•••
•••
You need to contact the CIRA about this, as I don't believe there is any option to charge customers to move domains.

ICANN got rid of that a long time ago, and there is no way to enforce a "transfer fee" - maybe it the CIRA gets enough calls for transfer codes Siber is holding hostage, then they'll slap Siber around a bit.

To me, it looks like Siber is pulling this idiotic stunt during the pandemic because it's so difficult to get through to CIRA support.

Straight from ICANN: A transfer cannot be denied due to non-payment of a transfer fee.

Essentially Siber is forcing you to call the CIRA each time you want to transfer out.
the domain has been sold. sedo is holding the money. they are after me for an auth code. i'm seriously thinking the ransom demand.

•••
But once Sedo gets the auth code, they always hold the money for a long time after that anyway.

And even if you do pay the ransom, call the CIRA to complain anyway as this is clearly in violation of ICANN regulations. And let them know they're going to get a LOT of calls from other Siber customers looking to get auth codes.

Last edited:
•••
But once Sedo gets the auth code, they always hold the money for a long time after that anyway.

And even if you do pay the ransom, call the CIRA to complain anyway as this is clearly in violation of ICANN regulations.
strange how their story keeps changing. first $29.95, then $18.95 now $12. sounds like they are just making it up as they go. btw i tried to find a sibername rep here at np but i don't think there is one. is that correct?

•••
I just called the CIRA and they agreed that registrars should not be instituting fees to transfer domains, and they recommend you email Sibername for a transfer code and .cc:

info @ cira.ca (remove spaces)

with every request.

And if anyone has an email with Sibername asking for a hostage fee, please forward it to the same email address.

I think what really got him was when I mentioned it was holding up a "big sale domain sale in the low 3-figures". :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Last year, when I was moving domains out from Sibernames, they contacted me and offered to price match the renewal fee... can’t believe they are trying to pull this shit now. I paid good money (via TBR) for my domains and I will throw a fit if they try this shit when I decide to move my domains.

•••
I paid good money (via TBR) for my domains and I will throw a fit if they try this shit when I decide to move my domains.

I mentioned that to CIRA too, that many times this is on top of the TBR auction price, which in some cases can be very expensive.

Then I laid down the law that it was holding me back from getting my hands on that sweet, sweet low 3-figure payday, which really got his attention.

Last edited:
•••
I thought Sibernames was better than this. Maybe I should try to move my domains sooner than later just to have sufficient time to deal with this.

•••

I don't remember getting anything, but then again I usually just delete stuff like that.

Are they even allowed to charge for an authcode or a transfer-out fee?

•••
I thought Sibernames was better than this.

Agreed, and their rep has dropped through the floor with me. Always had a "classy version of MyID" vibe, but now it looks like they want to be MyID's eviler twin brother.

•••
I just called the CIRA and they agreed that registrars should not be instituting fees to transfer domains, and they recommend you email Sibername for a transfer code and .cc:

info @ cira.ca (remove spaces)

If you're on twitter, Sibername's account is @sibername and CIRA's accounts are @ciranews (general CIRA account) and @cira001 (CEO's account)

•••
Are they even allowed to charge for an authcode or a transfer-out fee?

Technically no but while ICANN clearly states that you do not have to pay transfer fees and that the Registrar quoting fees cannot halt a transfer, there doesn't seem to be any formal remedy other than getting the CIRA involved.

Essentially Siber is the naked guy covered in jello running through the streets, and we need to call the cops.

Last edited:
•••
If you're on twitter, Sibername's account is @sibername and CIRA's accounts are @ciranews (general CIRA account) and @cira001 (CEO's account)

Yep, but the inference from using the CIRA email on the transfer request was that Siber will see the @cira.ca email and immediately send you the code, no questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back