Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some of the peeps in this thread are voting members. I would also assume that CIRA itself would have a list of members for those who are running. If not they are shoddier than I thought.

CIRA has never handed out a list of members to all the candidates as far as I know. The best bet (probably not enough time to do this this year), would be to sign up lots of members using a registration promotion at some registrar ;)

From a CIRA email today. Please join and ask lots of questions.

We are collecting questions for the candidates through Social Q&A. You can ask your questions anonymously and up-vote the questions you want answered. Candidates will then provide their answer on the forum from September 18 to September 25, 2019."

This seems to be a new thing for me, I like that the questions can be asked in advance. Currently there are a bunch of questions already that try to ask candidates if domain investing is a legitimate business model... The questions seem to be worded in a certain bias.

•••
Gotta love all the anti-domainer "questions" posted on there - maybe they'd like to inquire with the Amazon and Google legal departments about their massive domain holdings that "aren't being used"?

Or maybe they can go find an empty lot or property in an expensive area, and demand the owner give it over to them for pennies, because "they're not using it for anything". :xf.laugh:

I'd recommend Vancouver, as there are tons of investment properties just sitting empty and not being used. Should be an easy profit for these geniuses.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Gotta love all the anti-domainer "questions" posted on there - maybe they'd like to inquire with the Amazon and Google legal departments about their massive domain holdings that "aren't being used"?

Or maybe they can go find an empty lot or property in an expensive area, and demand the owner give it over to them for pennies, because "they're not using it for anything". :xf.laugh:

Thank you for pre writing my answers, lol. Exactly what I was thinking...

•••
Cira also has to keep in mind that some investors have paid significant sum's for domain names. One cannot assume that the domain investor has a ten dollar cost.

•••
This seems to be a new thing for me, I like that the questions can be asked in advance. Currently there are a bunch of questions already that try to ask candidates if domain investing is a legitimate business model... The questions seem to be worded in a certain bias.

None of these questions are relevant in the least, and it would be like asking potential CIRA board members questions like:

"Can you lower my taxes, I pay way too much off my pay check"
or
"Please get Doug Ford to raise OSAP grant levels because students are poor and need the break"

ICANN and the IPO have already formally recognized domain buying, selling and investment as viable and accepted business model, and it is designated as a asset class for financial reporting. Otherwise, they'd have a huge problem with all the billion-dollar multinationals (and their lawyers) like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Facebook et all who hold tens of thousands of unused domains names each.

Or as in this joke I read in the UDRP comments of a particularly hilarious RDNH case:

A: “Who’s the squatter who owns all this undeveloped property in Hawaii? I want it now, as I can build houses on it, rent them out or sell them and provide housing for the local folks.”
B: “That would be Mr. Zuckerberg, sir, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook.”
A: “He should just hand it over to me..”
B: “I don’t think he’ll do that, sir.”

I also wish when the geniuses who named the TM protection systems did so, that they had even a functional grasp of the English language, as there is no such thing as "Domain Squatting" - the legal definition of "squatting" is the "occupying an abandoned or unoccupied area of property, that the squatter does not own".

The domain owner bought the domain, owns the domain, it's his or her name on the receipt and on WHOIS.

What is really occurring is "IP Squatting" as you're allegedly infringing on a famous and well established TM, but as opposed to squatting, there is no question of your domain ownership, only that you're skating on someone else's intellectual property rights.

Because of this gross misnomer, it somehow allows every hick, hillbilly and feeb to automatically call anyone who owns a domain and isn't actively using at this exact moment, a "domain squatter".

And I guess by their illogic, Amazon, Microsodft, Google and Facebook are THE biggest "domain squatters" in the history of mankind. Love to see these penniless knotheads go after them sometime.

Last edited:
•••
Cira also has to keep in mind that some investors have paid significant sum's for domain names. One cannot assume that the domain investor has a ten dollar cost.

There are lots of examples of companies holding extremely valuable domains they got by taking over a company (sometimes for billions) that are no longer actively used and sit on the books as assets.

It's insane for these lunkheads to contend that they're owed these 5-figure names for registration cost, simply because the parent company absorbed the acquired firm and doesn't use the domain anymore - it's still a legally recognized asset and its on their financial books.

•••
99185-004-C2C30FAC.jpg

Last edited:
•••
5-G.CA
Nice..made some good money in the past from my portfolio of L-L, N-N, N-L in another common extension but that the past.

•••
•••
From start to finish it represented a long negotiation, like almost every domain I get.
Sometimes takes up to a year or more to close a deal.

Contacted this owner via PM mostly.

•••
Need some community advice here

As most of you know, I currently buying mostly 1 word positive domains.

I have an oddball opponent.ca and I'm not sure if I want to hang on to it or blow it out.

Any opinions as to use etc?

•••
•••
That depends on what "blow it out" means.

First I want to get some opinions for end use, I cannot see any of the major extensions using this domain.

•••

I have an oddball opponent.ca and I'm not sure if I want to hang on to it or blow it out.

Personally, can't think of any way to "spin" or sell the sizzle not the steak.

No, "positive" feel about that name...

•••

-
a tell the truth about Cira site/blog

•••
Personally, can't think of any way to "spin" or sell the sizzle not the steak.

No, "positive" feel about that name...

You know how I got that name?

Remember when were were able to register all those reserved names?

Well this was one that was never recalled (probably the only one) and I have never had any warm thoughts about it.

First it's negative, second I don't know how to use it in commerce, third... I just don't like it.

Then again I don't want to drop it because it will end up at myID :banghead:

Godaddy says $1,300 USD and Estibot says $350 USD

I was thinking of blowing it out at $250 CAD

Have not decided for sure yet, it depends on what end use I can find.

Last edited:
•••
It could still be useful as a brandable, using Opponent XXXXXX, and not all would be of a negative connotation.

It's similar to Enemy.com, a recent pickup by a company and that is also not a negative term - you could be the enemy of something negative, thereby evoke a positive (Superman is the enemy of Lex Luthor, etc.).

But it does limit the market for the name, as it would need to be the right match. Something sport-related, boxing, fantasy sports, gambling odds, gaming, agents, marketing, etc.

Last edited:
•••
CIRA has never handed out a list of members to all the candidates as far as I know. The best bet (probably not enough time to do this this year), would be to sign up lots of members using a registration promotion at some registrar ;).

So turns out that for non-profits, the member list should be available to all members and board members. If you are a member, you likely received an email from one of the current board members today with a survey in it.

•••

Of the top of my head, I'm not sure either how to use this one, especially in a commercial way. If you find a buyer, good for you :)

•••
Only got partway through the TBR list this morning, but one domain certainly stood head and shoulders above the rest....

That's funny, I don't see it on Pools "not so hotlist" today, but its nice to know who I'll be bidding against.

•••
•••
•••
That's funny, I don't see it on Pools "not so hotlist" today, but its nice to know who I'll be bidding against.

Sure, but they managed to include LineRider.ca on the list.

•••
The .CA To Be Released / TBR Weekly Picks for August 28 are online:

The .CA numbers may have dropped, but we are seeing a surprising increase in quality centered mostly on the LLL and single-word categories. The cream may be back this time, but it’s a very thin layer that results in a Top Picks List including...

Read This Before Kevin O'Leary Runs You Over in his Boat

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back