IT.COM

Don't use Dynadot for selling domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Creative Domainer

Established Member
Impact
I sold some domains to nameprosers at @Dynadot. Now, when I wanted to withdraw $100 I faced a strange coincidence. I found out that dynadot will now deduct 5% again for withdrawal, and then, paypal also will deduct their fee. And I think dynadot does not transfers funds via wire transfer (bank account)
Dynadot has already charged 5% commission upon sales, and now they will 5% extra charge when requesting payout.

See,
Withdraw Amount: around $100
5% commission from dynadot upon sale+ 5% deduction when requesting for withdraw+ Paypal fee+ bank transfer fee+ taxes= What will remain for us?

Deducting twice is cruel and unjust on dynadot's part.

So, here are two things to consider:
  1. @Dynadot should think of wire transfer (or transferwise at least)
  2. The cruel practice of double-cutting must end.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From my understanding, PayPal fee is paid only once by @Dynadot (or their additional 5%), will be no fee on your side.

They don't support wire, it is asked for years - but still mission impossible for them.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
They charge 5% amount twice
1. When a domain sells through their marketplace.
2. When withdrawaling amount to paypal or Alipay account
They say they are not responsible for any additional fees that may be charged by PayPal.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
The same was on Epik: 5% for PayPal payout and regardless of amount.
They are not alone.

Last edited:
•••
•••
They are not alone.
Put epik on the side, It has more cons. We use dynadot, and users have the right to give feedbacks.

Last edited:
•••
Use their LiveChat for feedbacks, they visit NamePros only to respond on DMs.

Last edited:
•••
They are not alone.
The monopoly must end. The one who succeeds now will be the one who is smart and facilitator.

•••
Do you expect people working for free?

•••
I guess, 10% is their standard commission model, like ~everywhere.
Or 5% for those, who use their internal balance (no payout).
And that's all.

•••
At least they are not stealing your names like other registrars do.

•••
Dynadot is not responsible for additional fees that may be charged by PayPal, bank transfer fees, taxes

•••
Why all the round about?
Why use DD marketplace when you could've just asked the buyer to pay directly to you via paypal?
Aren't both of you NP members?

Last edited:
•••
They charge 5% amount twice
1. When a domain sells through their marketplace.
2. When withdrawaling amount to paypal or Alipay account
They say they are not responsible for any additional fees that may be charged by PayPal.

1. This is common practice when you put your domain in marketplace landers, they charge fee for sold domain (this is like compentation, you not charge for monthly fee like efty)

2. Don't be lazy to read term of service. they stated here https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy, if you complain now, it's your problem. this is policy
  • The minimum payout amount that you can request is $100 USD.
  • There is a 5% fee on account credit that is paid out to cover costs associated with the transaction.
  • Because PayPal charges extra fees to payout International accounts, there may be an additional cost for payouts under $500 USD. Requesting a payout of less than $500 USD can result in additional fees.

Last edited:
•••
Dyna marketplace listing is useful - if you park&sell on their landers.

If you already have the buyer - use PayPal directly or escrow service.

Last edited:
•••
•••
1. This is common practice when you put your domain in marketplace landers, they charge fee for sold domain (this is like compentation, you not charge for monthly fee like efty)

2. Don't be lazy to read term of service. they stated here https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy, if you complain now, it's your problem. this is policy
  • The minimum payout amount that you can request is $100 USD.
  • There is a 5% fee on account credit that is paid out to cover costs associated with the transaction.
  • Because PayPal charges extra fees to payout International accounts, there may be an additional cost for payouts under $500 USD. Requesting a payout of less than $500 USD can result in additional fees.
Hehehe.
Direct extortion is difficult, so make extortion legal!

•••
I am going to have to agree to not sell on Dynadot unfortunately. Suddenly they are holding payments at least ten days now. Sold a domain 9 days ago and still waiting for payment.

•••
Day 10 still no payment. Shame on you @Dynadot

•••
Day 10 still no payment. Shame on you @Dynadot
It does take between 5-10 days for proceeds to be credited to the seller's account on our marketplace, as our verification team must first check and approve the buyer's order. Could you please PM us with the domain name that was sold and we can look into why the proceeds haven't yet been credited?

•••
5 percent only no paypal fee.
if over 500usd

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back