Domain Empire

Don't mention the s* word, whatever you do.. (sales)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
I always find it fascinating that the users on this forum are so succinct, accurate and realistic when anyone poses a question about domain name ownership and/or purchasing of same.

Yet when the subject of selling or marketing domains comes along, the same highly opinionated members (and i mean that in the nicest way and with the utmost of respect) are no-where to be seen and when anyone asks, for instance, 'how do i sell my domain to an end user' they get pointed in the direction of a thread showing a letter that looks like it was written by a 13 year old - "dear sir, I own the name you want, dont suppose you'll want it though but if you do its $1m"...

And then everyone raves on about how good the letter is and that perhaps it should be posted for posterity so that future generations will be able to use it. Dont make me laugh.

Is it a case that to be a domain trader means that it is likely you are very I.T literate which in turn might means that you are the sort of person where the thought of actively marketing a domain by using a telephone and/or visiting a prospective end user client fills you with dread?? Peter principal'esque.

I have the opposite problem, as a born salesman who has run a successful company for many years (non-i.t), I get top dollar for my domains selling through a number of different marketing approaches. None of which include spam emails incidentally. Unfortunately, I only buy rubbish domains...

www.kerryedwards.co.uk - see what i mean

I guess i should put my money where my mouth is after all this ranting so I will say that if anyone needs help marketing a good domain, post or pm me and i will try and help.

Maybe I should start a domain marketing site that actively sells domains.... 10%....???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anthony said:
Have you been by the appraisal forum yet? :lol:

:bah:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back