NameSilo

.info Don't Like Info Domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am SEO Expert. And I dont like info domains.

info domains has less priority then .com
back links from .com can increase your ranking fast then .info

yo can say that
importance of 50 info links = importance of 1 .com quality link

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also keep my away from .info domain,its less result giving habit I don't like.

•••
•••

yo can say that

Well, I'm not sure about your "SEO expert" mode but be sure that .info are pretty cool.
.info are not cool only for newbies.:laugh:

•••
I agree with a few points about .INFO.

But one needs to do some "extra work" in order for a .INFO domain to be visible on the search results pages.

I have OOCSS.info registered since 2009 and I would let it expire in 10 days.

Last edited:
•••
I personally like the .info. Which is weird, considering I generally don't like anything else but the .com. But I do see a lot of benefits with the .info.

For instance, it is cheaper than a .com. That gives you one whole year to develop it before you have to face renewals. There are some really nice .info names still available as well so this is perfect for developing minisites and great for quick flip.

•••
There's some info that is nice to have! :lol:

•••
Its great that most of you "SEO EXPERTS" don't like .info
That keeps the prices low and i can buy great names for peanuts and sell them or develop them.

I sold .infos with hyphens (most hated combination among domainers) to Endusers for xxx.
I bought them from others for 1 to 5 dollars or registered them with Godaddy for 1.99$

Please keep hating .infos :D

•••
Its great that most of you "SEO EXPERTS" don't like .info
That keeps the prices low and i can buy great names for peanuts and sell them or develop them.

Please keep hating .infos :D

I often wonder what qualifies one to hold the title of "SEO Expert." That term is thrown around quite often, perhaps too often.

•••
Even some of the most well known seo "experts" were ruined with a simple "Pengiun" update and were desperately trying to find out what was wrong with their backlinks and what not.

Best "Seo Expert" is simply someone who writes quality content and offers something which others don't to Google users. Simple as that. If you don't do that and try to "trick" google, you might have good positions for few weeks or months, but at some point google will find out and destroy you

•••

yo can say that

Oh dear. That's a generalisation if I ever did see one!

If you're saying that 50 low quality links (of any extension) = one high quality link then yes, I wouldn't disagree with that. (in fact, 50 is probably far too low a number)

If you're saying that .info has 50 time less value in terms of SEO than .com, then that's complete rubbish. The reason .com is seen as a more favorable extension in terms of SEO is that .com sites are more popular, thus get more backlinks, thus a backlink from a .com tends to be better than from a .info

50 low quality links are 50 low quality links in any extension.

:]

•••
I often wonder what qualifies one to hold the title of "SEO Expert."
I'm sure they give themselves that title after reading SEO forums for a few months.

•••
I somewhat agree with you but having info domain just for the sharing information is not an good idea. anyhow you have many ways to promote your info rather than search engines.

•••
I often wonder what qualifies one to hold the title of "SEO Expert."

This is easy, you become a SEO Expert when you say you are one, that is why they proliferate like mushrooms, is not like anyone is going to ask you to see a degree anyway.

•••
I have a .info that is in 1st place at google for 2 different keywords.
Get's lot of search traffic.

•••
•••
•••
Who asked you for your opinion about .info?:zzz:
Now this is a stupid question. No one asked him for his opinion, he started the thread!!

•••
Now this is a stupid question. No one asked him for his opinion, he started the thread!!

A thread to waste others time. An opinion based on what? Words?
So, let each of us open a thread about each TLD and say an opinion based on nothing. Look at the thread title "Dont Like Info Domain." Huh?
Think twice before commenting my post :tu:

•••
A thread to waste others time. An opinion based on what? Words?
So, let each of us open a thread about each TLD and say an opinion based on nothing. Look at the thread title "Dont Like Info Domain." Huh?
Think twice before commenting my post :tu:
No one told you to 'waste your time' in this thread. And there a 'hundreds' of threads here that are useless and based on nothing and 'opinions'. Do you read them all?? So unless you're the 'whats right to post police', you need to think even 'once' before you post 'stupid' remarks!

•••
No one told you to 'waste your time' in this thread.

Exactly, that's why threads like these and posts like yours should be avoid in the forum. :laugh:

And there a 'hundreds' of threads here that are useless and based on nothing and 'opinions'. Do you read them all??
So, what? That makes you have the right to post an other thread?

So unless you're the 'whats right to post police', you need to think even 'once' before you post 'stupid' remarks!

And you are sir? The stupid that comments the other's "stupid remarks"? :laugh:
This is enough wasted time. Don't expect me to post once again after your post.
:wave:

•••
•••
Makes me wonder, why some people need to do more work with info’s and others don’t. But it is easy to blame the excretion so don’t have to feel bad about lack of seo ability. I am surprised to see that some people still think that domain extension or domain price can affect search engine rankings. It is like saying that if you register a domain on Friday the 13th then it does not rank well.

•••
.info doesen't mean that you cant be in top of the charts!

•••
Yes, info domain have much less importance than .com in search engines like Google. But also in info domain we can surely get good search engine results but how need to form a strategy for the same.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back