Dynadot

.info Don't Like Info Domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am SEO Expert. And I dont like info domains.

info domains has less priority then .com
back links from .com can increase your ranking fast then .info

yo can say that
importance of 50 info links = importance of 1 .com quality link

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that sites with a .com TLD would receive more hits since they are more conventional. The .info TLD only seems proper for sites that provide information about something.

•••
Of course, I agree with you, .info is given lower ranking in SEO.

•••
Yes i am agree with you.

•••
Lets get this thread back on track. Such general comments like a.m. are not helpful and so general that you can't do anything with them.

A .com receives lot more type-in traffic. .infos don't receive any type-in traffic, thats for sure.

But an .info can rank as good as a .com with good content.

So you have to know what you want to do with the domain.

If you want to resell fast, park, etc. then forget .info. Stick to .com.
Domainers don't buy .info (and if so, then for very low prices), plus you won't get a penny from parking most of the time. People simply don't type-in the direct .info URL in their browser. Plus its also much harder to resell fast to endusers an UNDEVELOPED .info

BUT, if you have a good idea for development and you want to develop an .info and get your visitors from Google, then by all means go for it. You will be able to find exact match nice keyword domains cheap with .info extension and the rest is up to you and your knowledge/capabilities about development. Once you have developed an .info with steady income, you can either keep it or sell on sites like Flippa. Once a website has steady income, it doesn't matter which extension, which name, etc. Only the proven steady income in let say the past months counts.

I know people here in Germany earning xxx - xxxx a MONTH from developed .info sites.

Last edited:
•••
I only buy .com .net .org primarily apart from a handful of .cc and .co premium domains. I always avoid info.

Sent via Android

•••
People in the US don't understand that there is a market outside the US.
Not everything is about .com. ccTLDs rule is Europe and other TLDs are used too.
Europeans buy a lot of .infos. Asians too. I have sold 100+ to end users. Maybe 75% of end users were outside the US.

About SEO: I have a .info ranked no 1 in google for several keywords. It is ranked above the official website.

•••
I always prefer .com and .in domain

•••
Just noticed the trend at hosterstats.com

1 Jan 2012 .info registrations 8,221,674

1 Nov 2012 info registrations 7,319,289

Most months in 2012 .info registrations have been decreasing.

Any explanations ?

•••
Just noticed the trend at hosterstats.com

1 Jan 2012 .info registrations 8,221,674

1 Nov 2012 info registrations 7,319,289

Most months in 2012 .info registrations have been decreasing.

Any explanations ?

I would say its because many .info domains get deleted by domainers as soon as they have to renew (they got them free first year with godaddy or max. $1.99). As you can see here

http://www.hosterstats.com/Detailed-info-Statistics-2012.php

the number of deletions have gone up a lot, its not so much about the decrease of number of new registrations.

•••
I had quite a few ,And sold them for peanuts or let them drop. The only .info I keep are geo if I already have the .com or .ca

As gifted domains mentioned Get em free with .com then let em drop.

•••
Since, i also opt for the domain .com and it is always considered as the high priority domain and mainly most sites uses this for their promotion.

.com is a commercial domain and .info is an information domain.

The theory is that they are both equal but SERPS does tend to favour .COM in most cases.

Last edited:
•••
•••
People are certainly using .info domains for sites giving info, and there are a lot of them. If domainers give up on this extension entirely it will become like .mobi - an extension with lots of registrations that is used by end-users but not owned, bought or sold by domainers. Not a place to make money. A domainer-free extension in other words.

In my experience .info is good for memorability - if something is not .com or.cc the extensions that people seem to find easy to remember - and not confuse with .com - are .info, and then .me, and then maybe .tv.

•••
In my opinion, the content is more important than .info or .com.
You can have success with .info if you have a good site content.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back