Dynadot

.us Don't know what to do with this .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys. I have a domain name, IBC.us, that's been at Parked.com for ages. I just recently checked in and found that, for months, it's been getting about 200 visitors per day with no clicks.

I don't know where the visitors are coming from but, with zero clicks, I think it may be time to try and monetize this name somewhere else.

Problem is I don't know what "IBC" would be good for.

Does anyone out there know of an affiliate program or PPC or anything that would work for a name I don't know what to make of?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Im suprised that you are getting 200 visitors a day.
What country are they coming from?

•••
I see that the name is using parked.com.
I don't know if their stats are reliable but I know that Sedo have bugs.
For example I had a few domains with 100+ UV/day and zero CTR. In fact the stats were completely wrong, it was about 1 UV/day.
I know because I hosted the domain on my server so I had access to the raw Apache log.
I think that's what you should do. Host the domain and look at the origin of traffic, referers etc.
Another possible option is to use a template with a search box. Sedo has one, parked.com I don't know.
Some visitors might use it to perform a search as they navigate away from your 'site'.

•••
Parked.com doesn't seem to break down the traffic for individual names. According to Parked's stats, the last 30 days show 6,149 visitors, 191 searches, 23 404s and 0 clicks. I think I'll follow the advice above and park it at Sedo and see if they can provide the origin of the traffic.

•••
I also had a domain that suddenly started producing hundreds of uniques per day out of nowhere, but no revenue. It was parked at sedo, and I moved it to fabulous and was still getting the "phantom" traffic. After awhile, I moved it to a different parking company, and the traffic figures steadily dropped down to just a couple of visits/day, which I'm calling the "real" traffic.
I'm still not sure about the exact source of the traffic, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't human :)

•••
Back