domain DoNotFomo.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyman

Established Member
Impact
who is not suffering from fomo (Fear of missing out) !!

I'm here to tell you do not fomo

fomo.com sold for $105K, what you think for donotfomo.com??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do not do this to us. This could be chapter 1 for your do not book book
Reg fee it makes no sense gramatically

•••
As @MasterOfMyDomains pointed out, it doesn't really make sense grammatically. You're saying, "Do not fear of missing out". I also can't really thing of a way to monetize an anti FOMO related domain.

•••
Do not do this to us. This could be chapter 1 for your do not book book
Reg fee it makes no sense gramatically

As @MasterOfMyDomains pointed out, it doesn't really make sense grammatically. You're saying, "Do not fear of missing out". I also can't really thing of a way to monetize an anti FOMO related domain.

Thank you but:
NoFomo.com
NeverFomo.com
OverComeFomo.com
And many more are all registered, hmm people become so bad grammatically (not gramatically**), and seems they all think (not thing**) that they have a valuable domains, why not me :(

@MasterOfMyDomains please don't feel fomo for DoNotBook.com as it grows now ;)

•••
Thank you but:
NoFomo.com
NeverFomo.com
OverComeFomo.com
And many more are all registered, hmm people become so bad grammatically (not gramatically**), and seems they all think (not thing**) that they have a valuable domains, why not me :(

@MasterOfMyDomains please don't feel fomo for DoNotBook.com as it grows now ;)

I hate to be negative and I certainly wish you the best, but I just don't really see a market for your domain or any of the domains you listed. NoFomo, NeverFomo and OverComeFomo make more grammatical sense, but the audience is very limited. These domains make sense for a support group, but they certainly wouldn't have deep pockets and the .org version of the domain would be just as viable for a support group.

Last edited:
•••
I hate to be negative and I certainly wish you the best, but I just don't really see a market for your domain or any of the domains you listed. NoFomo, NeverFomo and OverComeFomo make more grammatical sense, but the audience is very limited. These domains make sense for a support group, but they certainly wouldn't have deep pockets and the .org version of the domain would make just as viable for a support group.

Thank you Brain, well one of the ideas is a blog related to fomo that will guide people on how to overcome their fomo, also a landing page with inserted PAID guidance on how to get rid of your fomo maybe..

Can you please explain how fomo.com sold for $105K in 2018, and almostfearless.com sold for $10K in 2020!

•••
Thank you Brain, well one of the ideas is a blog related to fomo that will guide people on how to overcome their fomo, also a landing page with inserted PAID guidance on how to get rid of your fomo maybe..

Can you please explain how fomo.com sold for $105K in 2018, and almostfearless.com sold for $10K in 2020!

Any pronounceable LLLL.com is inherently worth a lot. “FOMO” is also a highly searched common exact match term. If almostfearless.com sold for $10k in 2020, I assume it was sold as an entire business, as it’s still the same blog as it was over 10 years ago.

Last edited:
•••
Any pronounceable LLLL.com is inherently worth a lot. “FOMO” is also a highly searched common exact match term. If almostfearless.com sold for $10k in 2020, I assume it was sold as an entire business, as it’s still the same blog as it was over 10 years ago.

Taaz.com sold for only $18K and took.com sold for only $15K while they are 4L and pronounceable !!

Yes there are highly searched common exact match term for FOMO not because it is 4L or a pronounceable but because it means something that the vast majority of people are suffering from and that's why fomo.com sold for $105k , so surly it will mean something when you say Do Not FOMO!

Last edited:
•••
Taaz.com sold for only $18K and took.com sold for only $15K while they are 4L and pronounceable !!

Yes there are highly searched common exact match term for FOMO not because it is 4L or a pronounceable but because it means something that the vast majority of people are suffering from and that's why fomo.com sold for $105k , so surly it will mean something when you say Do Not FOMO!
FOMO.com is a marketing company. The sale of that name has nothing to do with people suffering from fear of missing out, and has everything to do with the familiarity and memorability of that short, catchy name. Your name is not short, not catchy, and does not make sense.

You're trying to make informed, evidence-based purchases, and I respect that. You're just not looking at the data in the right way. You're inventing your own context to suit your domain purchase. What you're doing is the equivalent of buying a 10 year-old red Honda Civic and saying it should be worth a lot of money because a brand new red Ferrari is worth $500K.

With the exception of FOMO.com, the term "fomo" has a terrible sales history on Namebio. Except for this one company, no one is paying money to brand themselves with this term. The other names you listed may be registered, but a few registrations do not give value to a keyword. Sales give value. Lots of sales.

If you're planning to develop this name, there's no need to ask for an appraisal. The name alone is not worth anymore than what you paid to register it, and it will not sell as a domain alone.

•••
FOMO.com is a marketing company. The sale of that name has nothing to do with people suffering from fear of missing out, and has everything to do with the familiarity and memorability of that short, catchy name. Your name is not short, not catchy, and does not make sense.

You're trying to make informed, evidence-based purchases, and I respect that. You're just not looking at the data in the right way. You're inventing your own context to suit your domain purchase. What you're doing is the equivalent of buying a 10 year-old red Honda Civic and saying it should be worth a lot of money because a brand new red Ferrari is worth $500K.

With the exception of FOMO.com, the term "fomo" has a terrible sales history on Namebio. Except for this one company, no one is paying money to brand themselves with this term. The other names you listed may be registered, but a few registrations do not give value to a keyword. Sales give value. Lots of sales.

If you're planning to develop this name, there's no need to ask for an appraisal. The name alone is not worth anymore than what you paid to register it, and it will not sell as a domain alone.

Hello Joe, thanks for the deep and detailed explanation, I highly appreciate your pass.

I have never said that the domain worth a lot of money, I said that it has meaning and whatever name has meaning will find a potential customer to buy eventually so you can't say " it will not sell as a domain alone " because no one can judge the unseen.

fearisnotanoption.com sold for $2K, and if I listed it here for appraisal you would say to me: you are trying to sell 1970 red Honda because you heard about some one bought a 2020 red Ferrari!! and I would say YES why not? since there is always some one would like to pay for red colored things regardless of it's age or made.

I believe that you own a bunch of domains, do all of your domains have the same value or you have the same expectation for all of them, I guess you have some names that you owned because you thought it has meaning for some one and not for every one, donotfomo.com is this one for me.

Finally, I must agree with you that I must look right to the data more and more in future before registering a domain and that's regardless of this domain especially when my philosophy for getting a domain is: register it or leave it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Joe, thanks for the deep and detailed explanation, I highly appreciate your pass.

I have never said that the domain worth a lot of money, I said that it has meaning and whatever name has meaning will find a potential customer to buy eventually so you can't say " it will not sell as a domain alone " because no one can judge the unseen.

fearisnotanoption.com sold for $2K, and if I listed it here for appraisal you would say to me: you are trying to sell 1970 red Honda because you heard about some one bought a 2020 red Ferrari!! and I would say YES why not? since there is always some one would like to pay for red colored things regardless of it's age or made.

I believe that you own a bunch of domains, do all of your domains have the same value or you have the same expectation for all of them, I guess you have some names that you owned because you thought it has meaning for some one and not for every one, donotfomo.com is this one for me.

Finally, I must agree with you that I must look right to the data more and more in future before registering a domain and that's regardless of this domain especially when my philosophy for getting a domain is: register it or leave it.

Thank you.
"Fear is not an option" is a pretty well known expression, and I love expression domains, so I would actually give that name a good appraisal.

Technically you're right... it's impossible to say with 100% certainty that any domain name will not sell. That's not a good reason to invest in a name, though. In most cases you'll be better off with $10 of lottery tickets. Same odds of winning, but the prize is a bit bigger. ;)

•••
"Fear is not an option" is a pretty well known expression, and I love expression domains, so I would actually give that name a good appraisal.

Technically you're right... it's impossible to say with 100% certainty that any domain name will not sell. That's not a good reason to invest in a name, though. In most cases you'll be better off with $10 of lottery tickets. Same odds of winning, but the prize is a bit bigger. ;)

Thank you but I prefer to go after my unconfirmed thoughts and lose than gambling and take other's money who might were forced to pay and expect to win because they are really in need that's a bad game and will never equal the domains game for me.

•••
Thank you but I prefer to go after my unconfirmed thoughts and lose than gambling and take other's money who might were forced to pay and expect to win because they are really in need that's a bad game and will never equal the domains game for me.
What many come to realize after putting in enough time, is that buying the wrong names is just as much a gamble as buying a lottery ticket.

There are lots of people buying domain names for the exact same reasons that people buy lottery tickets: desperation, false hope, and a lack of understanding.

Last edited:
•••
What many come to realize after putting in enough time, is that buying the wrong names is just as much a gamble as buying a lottery ticket.

There are lots of people buying domain names for the exact same reasons that people buy lottery tickets: desperation, false hope, and a lack of understanding.

Yes from business point of view but the good point of domains game is that people who paid for domains and then sell it for less or a lot they feel way better as winners because they know very good that the bucks they got is not belong to any one in need and was forced to pay for a gambling ticket with a false hope of winning as you said. And that's my point where I accept to lose in the domains game and reject to win in gambling.

•••
No resale value imo. It doesn't make sense.

Brad

•••
fomo.com sold for $105K, what you think for donotfomo.com??

That is like comparing a Ferrari to a go kart. There is no comparison between the two. It is not relevant in any way.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back