IT.COM

information DomRaider ICO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sirlordcomic

Top Member
Impact
Did not see any mention of this here on NamePros. Anyone else participate in the pre-sale or the general ICO open now? I think the future of domaining is down this road.
The purpose of DomRaider is to build next generation payment gateways that allow transactions using criptocurrency to sell and buy a website product or domain. Another purpose is to encourage API adoption by all auctioneers by giving them a way to directly receive cryptocurrency from potential buyers or clients, so the blockchain based auction system brought by DomRaider is completely new and mutually beneficial for the auctioneer (prospective seller ) and bidder (prospective buyer). With the DomRaider platform, transaction of buying and selling domain using cryptocurrency will be easier, faster and safety.

https://www.domraider.io/en/

DomRaider Whitepaper

schema_en_1_v1.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The purpose of DomRaider is to build next generation payment gateways that allow transactions using criptocurrency to sell and buy a website product or domain.
This has got to be a joke? Just about any site today can accept payment by crypto currency if they wish. Vapor at best. Scam at worst.

•••
Read their whitepaper. This could lead to decentralized DNS, real-time exchanges of domain ownership, etc.

Last edited:
•••
This could lead to decentralized DNS, real-time exchanges of domain ownership, etc.
I'd be very surprised if someone from registries isn't already looking at this. We already have real-time exchange of ownership. The payment aspect is where things need fixing.

•••
If buying and selling could be combined with instantaneous transfer... Would be a game changer.

I don't agree that transfer is instantaneous, the actual process is cumbersome.

Imagine a marketplace training domains in real-time like stock or crypto.

•••
Imagine a marketplace training domains in real-time like stock or crypto.
That would require liquidity. Something that isn't there in the end user market.

Sure, there's plenty of improvements that can be made using technologies like blockchain, but I'd take all icos such as this with a large dose of scepticism.

•••
•••
Doesn't ENS (Ethereum Name Service) do something just like that?
Yes. But I think to do this for legacy extensions such as .com the registries/registrars would have to support blockchain for WHOIS. Without having WHOIS on blackchain I don't think a system as proposed in this thread will work.

Now that I think of it, I'd also question their naming choice - do you really want to use a tool called "Dom[ain] Raider" to secure your digital assets?

•••
Digging a little further - DomRaider appears to be a dropcatch service, although I've never heard of them before now. So at least they have some history in the market.

Anyone else ever heard of DomRaider before this? Anyone used them?

You would expect them to be mentioned here on NP, but search brings up only this thread.

•••
G
Yes. But I think to do this for legacy extensions such as .com the registries/registrars would have to support blockchain for WHOIS. Without having WHOIS on blackchain I don't think a system as proposed in this thread will work.

Now that I think of it, I'd also question their naming choice - do you really want to use a tool called "Dom[ain] Raider" to secure your digital assets?

Good point on the branding! I have never used DomRaider before, or heard about it until the ICO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back