Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainwhiz

Account Closed
Impact
Hi everybody,

Just to let you know that I took some of my free time to write a domain name suggestion tool, which automatically generates hundreds of suggestions (which are closely related to the key words you put in, unlike some other sites) and show you the availability of each of them. You can find the domain name you like and registered it at GoDaddy.com, or any domain registrar.

The site is http://DomainWhiz.net.

It's still lack of some functionalities, such as showing only available domains, but the basic functionality (which is to suggest alternative names) is already there, and I think it's better than most similar sites out there.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks.

Gulshan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried it with one keyword phrase and the results I got back were pretty good. I do like that it shows which domains are available, but as you said it would be nice to have an option to not show the ones that are not available. That way the list will be much shorter and the user won't have to click through so many pages.

Keep us updated with new features, I could see this being very useful.

•••
Thanks, Fooz. I'm adding new functions and improving the algorithm. Check it out again when you get a chance.

Gulshan

•••
I'm using it right now and it's pretty cool giving me good results.

•••
Nice tool, it showed a few names as being avail when in fact they where not. Is it looking names up at GoDaddy by any chance?

The domain in ? was HardTube.com, which is already taken.

Mike

•••
hey, the site seems not working anymore, no respond just loading, lease fix it.

•••
Thank you guys for breaking my site! It's up and running again, but I need to figure out what went wrong.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Nice tool, it showed a few names as being avail when in fact they where not. Is it looking names up at GoDaddy by any chance?

The domain in ? was HardTube.com, which is already taken.

Mike

Mike,

It doesn't look names up at GoDaddy - check each every suggestion at Godaddy is too slow. Right now, I just parse the output of "dig" command and check the availability, which is relatively fast but it's not perfect, and that's why sometimes it says a domain name is available but in fact it's already taken. I plan to run a DNS server with local copies of zone files so that availability checking would be both fast and accurate. It would be a big investment, I hope the site can support itself.

•••
This is a great site! The results are great. I've used DomainsBot, which is nothing comparing to this. The result for "ted kennedy" is very impressive.

My firm is a business registration company, I can see us using this site often in the future. But you do need to add more functionalities to it.

•••
wow nice any chance of you being able to do a smaller version we can put on our sites?

•••
wow nice any chance of you being able to do a smaller version we can put on our sites?

Great that you like it. For the time being I'm concentrating on adding some basic functionalities and improving the overall reliability and efficiency of the site. Once this is done, I do plan to cater service to domain registrars and resellers. Most likely it will be in the form of a web service, probably SOAP based, so that you can query my server to get a list of suggestions with/without the availability of each suggestion.

I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Thanks for your support.

Gulshan

•••
One thing I found was that you have the word "chemistry" misspelled. It's missing the "r". That is, if you are using a dictionary file for these suggestions. If the suggestions come from somewhere else I guess you can't control that.

•••
One thing I found was that you have the word "chemistry" misspelled. It's missing the "r". That is, if you are using a dictionary file for these suggestions. If the suggestions come from somewhere else I guess you can't control that.

I haven't had a chance to run the dictionary through a spell checker yet, but will do in the near future.

I might be a good idea to give domainers the option to include commonly misspelled words in the suggestion list. What do you think?

•••
Its looking like domainsbot. The site is cool, try to add more features in it.

•••
very nice tool. the results are impressive.

•••
DomainWhiz.net is now adult content friendly. Search at your own risk.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back