Dynadot

services Domaintools.com Price increase and Services cut!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just a heads up to everyone, if Mr. Chen makes no reversal of this attempt at jacking up prices, disrespect grandfathered accounts and taking back services then I suggest we cancel our domaintools accounts.

Can you imagine the nerve, raise prices grossly and cut services and try to justify by offering things no one asked for lol

http://domainnamewire.com/2016/04/25/domaintools-get-expensive/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I never used their paid service. This seems like the result of greed and poor leadership. When a business sacrifice quality and the heart of what attracted people then that becomes the end of that company. They are living in a fantasy world.

They are good free whois tools out there in my opinion...

•••
Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify regarding domainIQ. We do in fact support many ccTLDs including .fr, .co.uk, .es and the like.
Yes their audience is legal and law enforcement. They don't want or need domainers. I've tried lots of places and think DomainIQ is the best. They have different plan options based on how much you use it but their prices are more domainer-friendly.

One thing I have not been able to find is a domain search tool that searches ALL extensions. One drawback to DomainIQ is that you can't do a search for all other TLDs taken. They don't do .co.uk, .fr .de .com.au .com.br etc... whereas domaintools search showed EVERYTHING. If anyone knows a tool or service that is complete in this way, please share it.

Otherwise for historical whois records and screenshots (at least for the last few years) DomainIQ should be a good alternative.

•••
I was on holidays when I got the email and only got back last night, but posted this item on the topic, feel free to weigh in on the post if you have a chance. Thanks for the tip on domainIQ I updated the post with a recommendation people use that instead!

Linkedin.com/pulse/domaintools-let-customers-down-increasing-prices-733-david-iwanow

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back