IT.COM

domainsponsor.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Be on the lookout for Bogus Seller!!!

Some sap listed domainsponsor.com on Afternic for sale for $75.00. I purchased it (never sent money obviously) for the asking price and notified Afternic of the listing and of course, as expected, it was a bogus listing. Anyway, spoke with Matt at DomainState and Ron of DomainSponsor.com yesterday evening and it was really cool how fast Afternic moved to remove the listing. The users name is "documentroot". Do not make the mistake of buying from this guy. I am certain Afternic has banned the seller, but just giving you guys a heads up if you see the name in any of the forums.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic (or any domain sales/auction site, for that matter) should implement these things:

1. verification of ownership by via email similar to the email verification system used to transfer .com's
2. daily tracking of whois changes on all listed domains
3. re-verification of ownership via email if contact info is changed
4. de-listing of unverified domains

Just my 2 cents.

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Afternic (or any domain sales/auction site, for that matter) should implement these things:

1. verification of ownership by via email similar to the email verification system used to transfer .com's
2. daily tracking of whois changes on all listed domains
3. re-verification of ownership via email if contact info is changed
4. de-listing of unverified domains

Just my 2 cents.

Very good thinking, and i totally agree.
I think Sedo has this kind of verification for .ws domains, because i was asked to confirm listing of few .ws domains i put on sale there.
I dont know if they check .com/net/org... but the fact that .ws domains are being checked before listing is very positive.

•••
Agreed with armstrong!
I would hate to be in a situation like this too!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back