IT.COM

DomainSponsor Acquired by RookMedia - What to Expect in Parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zaki.ahmed

Established Member
Impact
Hello Friends,
Today's big news as many of you know that DomainSponsor parking business was acquired by RookMedia

How you people see this new merger, I expect we have some rock solid platform and support from RookMedia ?
As since last 2-3 months I saw lot of late reply from DS support and lot of changes on DS because of which revenue was all time low compare to 2012 and 2013,

RookMedia have a good presence on this forum and know for good support,Hoping to see something very new

http://rookmedia.net/rookacquires/

Extract from the URL::

How does this affect you as a Rook Media customer?

In short: everything you like about Rook remains the same, and things will get even better. You log in to the same user interface, and your account representative is there as always to answer questions. Over time you can expect an up-kick in the choice of landers, even more sophisticated monetization of your traffic, and a lot of new alternative monetization options. Stay tuned: big things are on the horizon.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Very good news in my opinion. So far I was very satisfied with rookmedia performance and I am looking forward to big things that are on the horizon :)

•••
Great for Rookmedia, they really have great support.

•••
Thats a big news....

Support wise rookmedia rocks compared to domainsponsor.

But im not sure about the RPC what i got on Domainsponsor will i get the same @ Rookmedia.

•••
I am enjoying net 7 days payment @ DomainSponsor.B-)
RookMedia is Net 30 days:|.

Will this merger effects DS publisher's pay day?:-/

Last edited:
•••
I am enjoying net 7 days payment @ DomainSponsor.B-)
RookMedia is Net 30 days:|.

Will this merger effects DS publisher's pay day?:-/

Hi Greatwebss!

Responded in the other thread, but posting it here as well just to make sure:
Both systems will keep on running side by side and your personal payment terms will also remain the same. So no need for worry :)

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Thats a big news....

Support wise rookmedia rocks compared to domainsponsor.

But im not sure about the RPC what i got on Domainsponsor will i get the same @ Rookmedia.

Great to hear you like the support! Basically we will take the best parts of both companies and integrate them on both. So you can expect your RPC to remain at the levels that you are used and even to increase as we AB-test and take the best practices from each company on the monetization side.

•••
Surely it's a good news for domain industry and domainers. Personally I don't think it's going to have any impact on my portfolio because I haven't parked any of my domain with DS or RM.

•••
Hi Greatwebss!

Responded in the other thread, but posting it here as well just to make sure:
Both systems will keep on running side by side and your personal payment terms will also remain the same. So no need for worry :)

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Great to hear you like the support! Basically we will take the best parts of both companies and integrate them on both. So you can expect your RPC to remain at the levels that you are used and even to increase as we AB-test and take the best practices from each company on the monetization side.

Hi Martin,

Can we also have a Support representative from DomainSponsor on this forum Like RookMedia, Voodoo, ParkingCrew and Bodis have.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Surely it's a good news for domain industry and domainers. Personally I don't think it's going to have any impact on my portfolio because I haven't parked any of my domain with DS or RM.

Cool.People using DNS (DomainNameSales) are not experimenting and happy with the DNS service, which is having best results when compare to others.

•••
Congrats Martin on your acquisition. I wish you the best with your acquisition. I have a DS account but not a Rook account. It appears from what you are saying, that I don't need one since you will be using the same best practices on both.

As an aside. DS has certainly been losing out to ParkingCrew over this year, for my portfolio. They used to be a solid 40% of my revenue. In April its declined to 24%.

•••
Try DNS... Peter Schilling knows what he's doing, really.

•••
Hope that get back XX USD clicks, my revenue went down by 70% in the last 2 months, so I kind of stopped using them. I re-parked some car donation domains at DNS and I got 2 years revenue of DS in 1 month only.

•••
I hope they stay with paying out high clicks versus keeping it for themselves. D.S. had some great contracts with Google and would consistently pay high clicks. I hope Rook continues this and doesn't get greedy.

Also, I hope Rook has more transparency than D.S. did.

Just my 2 cents so take it for what it's worth.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Hope that get back XX USD clicks, my revenue went down by 70% in the last 2 months, so I kind of stopped using them. I re-parked some car donation domains at DNS and I got 2 years revenue of DS in 1 month only.

I've heard this from multiple "RELIABLE" sources as well.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah smurge. I first became sceptical, when Ive heard they claimed they can pay the most for peoples traffic. Just do minimum of 100$ a day, send us screen shots of your earnings and we will give you 10% more. DP doesnt work that way at all. Than later the XX and XXX clicks suddenly have become 0.XX clicks several car insurance and cheap car insurance and car donation domains have started to get more and more 0.XX USD clicks for US traffic and high paying keywords. April was at 10% of previous months and it was declining from day 1. I moved everything away.. I think they give you like few % on most of the clicks and on 1 or 2 you get maybe 100. OR They pay you 5% on all clicks, they simply manipulate those high XX clicks and they are dispersed randomly, it just depends how big your portfolio is :)

•••
Yeah smurge. I first became sceptical, when Ive heard they claimed they can pay the most for peoples traffic. Just do minimum of 100$ a day, send us screen shots of your earnings and we will give you 10% more. DP doesnt work that way at all. Than later the XX and XXX clicks suddenly have become 0.XX clicks several car insurance and cheap car insurance and car donation domains have started to get more and more 0.XX USD clicks for US traffic and high paying keywords. April was at 10% of previous months and it was declining from day 1. I moved everything away.. I think they give you like few % on most of the clicks and on 1 or 2 you get maybe 100. OR They pay you 5% on all clicks, they simply manipulate those high XX clicks and they are dispersed randomly, it just depends how big your portfolio is :)

I had a talk with some of the guys over at Rook just now and I think they are on the right path. I'll move some of my domains over to test.

•••
I have a domainsponsor account, lets see if anything improves

•••
@decades80 - I haven't seen quite the dramatic drop that you've had at DS (40% revenue down to 24% in April), but Parking Crew have been eating DS's lunch.

@smurge - Let us know how the tests go. I thought Martin said they were going to take the best practices of each platform and add them to the other platform. ie: no need to open a Rook account.

•••
Me too I had a fall in revenues for DS.. More than 50% in last 2 months and before it was my best parking place.. Now is PC..

•••
Congrats Martin on your acquisition. I wish you the best with your acquisition. I have a DS account but not a Rook account. It appears from what you are saying, that I don't need one since you will be using the same best practices on both.

As an aside. DS has certainly been losing out to ParkingCrew over this year, for my portfolio. They used to be a solid 40% of my revenue. In April its declined to 24%.

Hi Stub!

Thanks for your input and your best wishes. Our goal is indeed to combine the best of both platforms, but it will take a little bit of time and development work on our end to unify the best practices under one roof. So for now it makes sense to open up accounts on both platforms and rotate through your traffic to find the best combination for your portfolio.

Sorry to hear that your revenue went down before. Now we are working on turning things around to improve your experience. Stay tuned :)

•••
Me too I had a fall in revenues for DS.. More than 50% in last 2 months and before it was my best parking place.. Now is PC..

Pablohc86: The part about our performance doesn't sound good at all. PM me your account ID if you want and we'll check into what we can do to turn things around.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Hi Martin,

Can we also have a Support representative from DomainSponsor on this forum Like RookMedia, Voodoo, ParkingCrew and Bodis have.

Hi Zaki! Here we are :) Let me know if I can help.

•••
@stub 40 to 24 is 40% drop...

•••
yep that good news as DomainSponsor support is too delay but payments are in time ...hope in rockmedia we have good support and payments in time...

•••
Yeah, Expecting quick Support and Increase in Revenue also :D

•••
Yeah hope so they may Optimize the domains too for more Revenue...:)

•••
•••
Hmmm... They paid really well on 17th then drop significantly on 18th. I'll talk with my account manager.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back