NameSilo

services DomainSherpa Purchased By...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
DNGifN0U8AQeHGb.jpg

me*** *****ns looks like the new owner of DomainSherpa.

I think you can fill in the blank on your own. With that said...

Here and Here

More Info: https://twitter.com/DomainSherpa

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So, Andrew is the new owner?

•••
•••
Thats great news.

It would be great if Andrew could continue domain sherpa interviews but doubt it will happen.

•••
Next Sherpa topic: "How to be a successful Namejet seller" :xf.grin:

•••
•••
wonder how much they paid for DS?

•••
A big number $$$$$ i bet and since domain sherpa has a big number of interviews featuring Andrew and promoting is brand i think he would pay much more but since Andrew and michael are good friends he probably had a discount.

Plus just in sponsor he will have a great source of revenew and i think Domain Sherpa (international treasure) its in good hands.

•••
•••
•••
This is great news indeed. Drew calls it like it is. He's the George Carlin of domaining!

•••
•••
Andrew has picked up tons of great names cheap. I'm sure it was a straight up trade for good quality domains which cost him next to nothing.

•••
Andrew has picked up tons of great names cheap.

Are you SURE it was Andrew who picked up the great names and not MediaOptions or InternetRealEstate.com?

•••
Are you SURE it was Andrew who picked up the great names and not MediaOptions or InternetRealEstate.com?
When I say someones name I automatically lump everything they own into one basket.

•••
So AR bought

A catalog of videos of himself.
A brand that is identifiable through association to MC.
And something that takes effort and work on a continued basis.

Who wants to start a pool?

Website will have it's last meaningful update April 2018.
Website will be redirected to another site September 2018.

•••
Lol just notice this is a domain sherpa interview and just finished watching.

Got to say i knew before that Andrew acquisition was going to be great to continue domain sherpa but after watching this interview i know that him and is team are the right people for domain sherpa.

Especially since their going to maintain the system that Michael develop and continue to improve it.

But they have to bring back Michael at least once a month domain sherpa isn't just its massive info and content (holy grail) its also Michael he brings so much to the table and it wouldnt be domain sherpa without him.

I really missed domain sherpa videos looking foward for January.

•••
So AR bought

A catalog of videos of himself.
A brand that is identifiable through association to MC.
And something that takes effort and work on a continued basis.

This made me wonder, did the sale include all domain sherpa content to include confidential emails, Facebook messages, NanePros messages and/or other media sent to journalist domainsherpa. These messages or emails that were originally intended to be delivered to the previous publisher of donainsherpa may include Intel about one of Andrews (or media options or internetrealestate.com or affiliates) critics or competitors?

Did the sale include the Dicker content? If so, does that give Andrew and/or the purchasing company, discretion to republish removed videos should they choose?

Last edited:
•••
I think Cyger really never represented an agenda of sorts, he came onto efty late in the game, but he did keep it impartial.

I have seen a few screenshots here at namepros of reserve auctions, and a few linked insider usernames bidding on the same auctions. That is us bidding with our money in those potential auctions, potentially being bidded up, I got very little respect for such actions even if the reserve is not met, it presents an impartial demand of the domain.

I guess that is what made him, and his show more popular is that he was always impartial, and neutral, and no real agenda to push any domain, or company.

I know people will have conspiracy theories in regards to him, and some of the people that went thru the show such as A D, but he was put in a real tough position, you want to believe your friend, but he did pull the plug when everything hit the fan.

Not to keen on the new ownership, and their agenda, I don't think the show will continue the same level of success it had with Cyger, as his personality, and positioning was unique.

I sort of liken this to the revival of another forum, lots of PR, but it never came back to what it once was.

Just my opinion, which means nothing. I am sure others will disagree which is great, and what forums are all about.

Last edited:
•••
Excited times are coming, I'm pretty sure this is a huge step towards building a professional medium. At this moment the people working in this industry (90%+) are looking like an random car dealer who cannot wait to make a sale.

•••
Is it going to be Andrew owns it and pays MC to continue running the site? or MC walks away? There a big difference in the two.

•••
Very happy to see the show continue and also a great new owner, some other owner might have destroyed the legacy very quickly

•••
Sidestepping my personal feelings about him as a man: as a domainer, Andrew provides the most educational intelligence on DomainSherpa. If he publishes videos with his advice, that's superb for the industry.

I don't want to see him use DomainSherpa to attack trolls with a megaphone, but that may be in the cards for him. That'd damage and devalue DomainSherpa's brand. :unsure:

z2dxt.jpg

•••
Is it going to be Andrew owns it and pays MC to continue running the site? or MC walks away? There a big difference in the two.
It is being billed as being acquired by Media Options, who is probably the principal you mentioned who owns it, but for legal reasons cannot fully disclose it.

•••
Congrats to old and new owner(S)...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back