Dynadot

services DomainSherpa Purchased By...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
DNGifN0U8AQeHGb.jpg

me*** *****ns looks like the new owner of DomainSherpa.

I think you can fill in the blank on your own. With that said...

Here and Here

More Info: https://twitter.com/DomainSherpa

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sidestepping my personal feelings about him as a man: as a domainer, Andrew provides the most educational intelligence on DomainSherpa. If he publishes videos with his advice, that's superb for the industry.

I don't want to see him use DomainSherpa to attack trolls with a megaphone, but that may be in the cards for him. That'd damage and devalue DomainSherpa's brand. :unsure:

z2dxt.jpg
I believe Domain Sherpa is M Cyger, just think of this as a spinoff of Domain Sherpa, they will probably do something things differently as they control the show now.

•••
I loved watching shows on DS and since it stopped, no one took the opportunity to grab that audience left hanging.

So I am happy to see Drew taking the lead and bringing it back to life.

Is it going to be different without M. Cyger? Of couse, but its just a new era. Similar to the Carson and Letterman shows being replaced by the Conan, Fallon, Kimmel, etc.

I am optimistic about this news.

•••
I am happy to hear that DomainSherpa will be back soon.

It is always nice to have different platforms to hear about domain industry.

I hope it will have the same quality as Michael`s productions.

I am pretty surprised to hear Andrew is the new owner, seems like he wants to be a monopoly on this industry. Smart move, I just hope they can keep up with business ethics.

Looking forward to watching their first production in January. It will be interesting...

He mentioned they are planning on making few videos in a week which might be shorter than it used to be.

Now this is pretty skeptic, hope the content will be good and trustworthy.

•••
Ds was hosted and owned by probably the biggest genuine smile in the domain industry

It will be difficult to replace that

I think ds would work well if it had its own YouTube channel with each interview new and existing etc being uploaded to YouTube

Ds would work well if it only had one sponsor eg media options eg every interview sponsored by media options etc so that ds would be completely free to view on its website and socialmedia channels etc and YouTube etc with the $`'s coming from increased media options business etc

A good feature could be - interviewing a newbie eg someone new to domain name investing and get their prospective domain name investing and what they hope to achieve from domaining etc which other newbies can understand etc

They could also offer a free brokerage service to one person per ds interview etc eg via a competition etc which would be good advertising for media options etc

It has a lot of potential but it will take some time to pull away from the persona of Ms

They could always do an occasional feature eg coffee with michael etc where once every few months they have a fireside chat over coffee with michael etc

The options are endless

A domain name was mentioned in the sale price

Anyone know the sale price as nd or the domain name included as part of the sale price?

But for the domain name to equate to 25% of the price the domain name would have been extremely valuable eg a LL com or a nn. Com etc?

•••
Glad to see DS continue. Can't wait to see a new episode to see how it works out.

Hope for honest content as well.

•••
•••
Being a new comer to the industry.. im not much familiar with Mr. Andrew and media options.. I use to enjoy videos of Mr. Cyger... Little afraid to see new face on Domain Sherpa.

•••
•••
That’s awesome.
Congrats Michael and Andrew.

•••
As we predicted, content of such volume and quality would not be left unattended.

•••
Haters gonna hate.

I think great move for domain industry. Congrats to both.

•••
This is a good man I learn from his site a lot

•••
<sarcasm>yeah, it seems the show has got the best possible owner indeed.</sarcasm>

•••
This is probably the only thing mr.rosner would pay up for,remember if he don't get a domain name for his price than there are always a million others he can get. Since the show stopped airing Andrew and others like him who got a lot out of the show actually became muted ,such as how mr dicker has. I have not heard from that guy since ,if he was such a great developer ,he would have a ----ing show, all this being said a lot of big wigs got more out of the show than Mr cyger,who in my opinion is a master at what he does. I was a critic of him on some stuff ,such as dickergate and deleting content, stuff happened but the content was great ,and others contributed good stuff too in those same shows,not only the dicker.
This was master cygers baby so he dident let it go cheap,also I think mr rosner was long a shi- load of bitcoin, If I had to guess from what I heard on the interview ,Michael walked away with 1 million dollars and 13-17/12 percent of media options,he also had to give up a premium domain name, that Andrew win probably pay for the whole deal with{LOL} this is a great deal for all parties and Michael can now Breath,maybe we all can once again sometime soon GOOD LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED, CANT WAIT

•••
•••
people should stop paying attention to him. image and perception is everything in this world, not only in domaining.

DomainSherpa was a fresh air into this industry, run by a guy that i do not know personally but seems to be a very nice person. However, it seems to me the show became victim of its success, starting to deviating to something like a soap opera or get rich schemes, promoting some to the guru level. I even wonder if Michael Cyger hasn't step down from the show because he felt to be compromised/too accomplice with the friend relationships he has built and felt that the show had lost its purpose and value.

•••
DomainSherpa was a fresh air into this industry, run by a guy that i do not know personally but seems to be a very nice person. However, it seems to me the show became victim of its success, starting to deviating to something like a soap opera or get rich schemes, promoting some to the guru level. I even wonder if Michael Cyger hasn't step down from the show because he felt to be compromised/too accomplice with the friend relationships he has built and felt that the show had lost its purpose and value.

Actually this kind of ridiculous, made up, false information is why people don't want to spend time and energy creating good content. Not any of the things you mention. I don't agree with Rosener that all of Namepros are trolls but you are a good example of what he is talking about

•••
•••
but you are a good example of what he is talking about

I disagree.

I find @tonecas to be a unique asset to NamePros. Though I don't always, agree or understand all of his posts, I certainly respect their time and effort (ie 2,000+ posts) keeping the community informed and intrigrued.

But this thread is not about Tonecas. I just don't understand your comment towards his character.

Actually this kind of ridiculous, made up, false information is why people don't want to spend time and energy creating good content.

I have spent a lot of time and energy researching.

If good content is what you want, then hold tight, I am busy fact checking when not disrupted [distracted] by nonsense.

But brace yourself, what you may see is kind of ridiculous, though not made up, nor false.

DomainSherpa was a fresh air into this industry, run by a guy that i do not know personally but seems to be a very nice person.

Maybe you missed the part where Tonecas said Michael Cyger seems to be a very nice person?

Last edited:
•••
Actually this kind of ridiculous, made up, false information is why people don't want to spend time and energy creating good content. Not any of the things you mention. I don't agree with Rosener that all of Namepros are trolls but you are a good example of what he is talking about

@Domain Shane i understand that you may not want to feed the troll, but where have I wrote the "kind of ridiculous, made up, false information"?

•••
@Domain Shane i understand that you may not want to feed the troll, but where have I wrote the "kind of ridiculous, made up, false information"?

He meant what you said here:

However, it seems to me the show became victim of its success, starting to deviating to something like a soap opera or get rich schemes, promoting some to the guru level. I even wonder if Michael Cyger hasn't step down from the show because he felt to be compromised/too accomplice with the friend relationships he has built and felt that the show had lost its purpose and value.

•••

It's odd that people feel the need to

a. speak for someone else.

and

b. speak for someone else that literally put adam dicker on a pedestal for YEARS and never apologized to his viewers or atoned for that fact in ANY WAY.

Maybe he's the nicest guy ever.

But in my book, nice guys take responsibility for their actions.

Any conspiracies, made up, or false information here?

If i ever mislead my viewers, I will look in the camera, like a (wo)/man, and say, "i'm sorry. I fucked up."

EDIT: maybe this is the time to announce...if i get an expedited passort before mid december, I am getting a crew and making a documentary about all of "this". Traveling to meet the involved parties. Possible (rough) screenings at Namescon. Planning to submit to festivals and netflix. All pending... but let's see what happens.

Please hit the like button if you would like to see this documentary happen!

Last edited:
•••

and what is wrong with that? any accusation? any false information?

in the personal opinion side i think the show has lost its value over time. and lost it because of its success. it happens a lot, sorry.

he needed to keep placing content after the "juice", the core information and major players in the industry had said their part. and the solution was to place content like a reality show, with the same market "gurus" meritoriously giving their knowledge to the masses every day or week.

or simply staging shows with one of a time deals - that are interest to read, i agree - but leads to a lot of false sense in the industry that things are easier than it seems, leading a lot of newbies to the get rich dreams, which are always a good source of money to sell domains to, much like at the ends of bull markets in financial markets where the general public rushes to the market and listen to what the gurus have to say.

I repeat, Michael Cygar seems a good guy, for what I can tell just from his communication/expressions. I don't know in person, never done business with him, never saw or analyzed his investments. Simply seems a cheerful guy with a sincere smile and interest in the industry, almost naive, like most of us are when we find a thing that marvelous us when we first meet it.

now, for the personal opinion and speculative side, i wonder if he lost his spark, is ingenuity towards this business and saw its dark side. and it is very dark. and it is dark because people get too friendly and that leads to look the other way when bad deeds are done. and maybe that was one of the reasons to let go the show. simple and legitimate speculation.

now, the accusation part. this industry is rotten. it has always been shady but now it's rotten. and the friends protecting friends is the worst part.

so, @Domain Shane, i'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or your buddy's. that's life. deal with it.

at least I never had to sell myself or my image to do business, never needed to do shill bidding, never had to do a favor to make money in this business. so I have the right to say my part, more than most people that are just talking out of their arses. like you coming here firing your guns to someone who you don't even know just because you felt hurt from what I might have said.

Last edited:
•••
Possible (rough) screenings at Namescon. Planning to submit to festivals and netflix. All pending... but let's see what happens.

Please hit the like button if you would like to see this documentary happen!

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back