Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
First I will say, I am someone who believes there should be no comments of any kind in a domains wanted thread, the thread should belong to the creator and they have the responsibility to update the thread and close it once they have found what they are looking for.

There are people bumping threads from March, people posting names that are nothing what the op is looking for, and when the budget is big, a bunch of people post bumping those threads to the top and moving newer threads lower.

There are people who create threads who have logged in each day but never update their two month old thread to say still looking or found what I am looking for thank you.

I think threads should close in 14 days unless the creator makes note to extend the opening. I also think commenting should stop. 82 comments in a domains wanted thread is not the way the section is supposed to work.

There also has to be something for people who constantly post outside the criteria, if the post say .com only, "PLEASE PM ME I HAVE A GREAT .NET" should get you warning points, when it is clear you are ignoring the request.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think threads should close in 14 days unless the creator makes note to extend the opening.

I agree with this idea. Do you want to help close the threads? Are you volunteering? :)

a bunch of people post bumping those threads to the top and moving newer threads lower . . .I also think commenting should stop.
If you don't want to see threads bumped, there is a clearly labeled "Sort By: New Requests" at the top of the forum. ;)

There also has to be something for people who constantly post outside the criteria, if the post say .com only, "PLEASE PM ME I HAVE A GREAT .NET" should get you warning points, when it is clear you are ignoring the request.
Yes, we are cracking down on this more each day. Would you like to help?

•••
I agree with this idea. Do you want to help close the threads? Are you volunteering?

If you don't want to see threads bumped, there is a clearly labeled "Sort By: New Requests" at the top of the forum. ;)

Yes, we are cracking down on this more each day. Would you like to help?

Sure Let me know

•••
Thanks, Raymond! Added you as a moderator of the forum and sent you a private message. :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back