Dynadot

DomainMembrane

NameSilo
Watch

DomainMembrane

qualitydigitaldomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hello!

Happy to be here. I am a mid 20s professional who works in software sales and has side web businesses. I have bought about 100 domains over the past year and realized I need to be a lot more organized, educated, and networked to actually make this a sustainable side hustle so here I am to learn and do business with the great people at name pros.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello!

NamePros is a very large Forum with many discussions and threads regarding the sales of domain names. It may be beneficial to search out the various threads and they may help you decide what type of platform or sales approach is most suitable for offering your names for sale.

With your background you should be able to devise selling strategies suitable to your goals and skill sets.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Hello!

NamePros is a very large Forum with many discussions and threads regarding the sales of domain names. It may be beneficial to search out the various threads and they may help you decide what type of platform or sales approach is most suitable for offering your names for sale.

With your background you should be able to devise selling strategies suitable to your goals and skill sets.

Welcome to NamePros!

Thanks for the welcome WatchDugie. I actually made an early career semi change into sales from consulting and have spent the last 5 months at one of the stop Sales SAAS companies from the bottom as an SDR and I'm really enjoying and learning a lot, and it is inspiring me to pursue sales in a systematic fashion in all areas of my life and personal business. I am also hoping to apply both strategic and tactical sales lessons I'm learning to the domain game.

One newbie question off the bat if you don't mind, where is the best place to get feedback on appraisals for current domain names. For instance, speaking of sales, I currently own

sales.community
sales.education
sales.supplies

I feel like these could be pretty valuable in the right hands and with the right strategy, even a huge company like salesforce or oracle or an an education company would be interested, any advice on good next steps to flip these domains, or come up with a good overall sales strategy ?

Best,
DomainMembraine

•••
•••
•••
•••
One newbie question off the bat if you don't mind, where is the best place to get feedback on appraisals for current domain names. For instance, speaking of sales, I currently own
sales.community
sales.education
sales.supplies
I feel like these could be pretty valuable in the right hands and with the right strategy, even a huge company like salesforce or oracle or an an education company would be interested, any advice on good next steps to flip these domains, or come up with a good overall sales strategy ?

Best,
DomainMembraine

Glad to offer a few suggestions re the domains you have listed above.

You might search out and see if there are any niche ext. discussions here on NamePros regarding .community, .education and, .supplies. If there are you might get a good feel for your name/ext via the discussions. I am unfamiliar with and do not follow those exts. though others here may be involved.

Also consider listing your domains in the APPRAISALS section of NamePros, should be a link to it at the top of this page.

You may, or may not receive various member's comments and opinions re the names listed.

Always suggest a visit to NameBio.com as a worthwhile visit, there you can check many completed sales both by ext. and by word or keyword, get an idea what similar has sold and for how much and when sold.

Last edited:
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
Hello @DomainMembrane .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

I think your background will certainly give you a good head-start in the world of domain sales.

I have bought about 100 domains over the past year and realized I need to be a lot more organized,

Most definitely make sure you get yourself organised before getting too many more domains. Otherwise you'll end up like me with a couple thousand domains and having a nightmare getting it all under control (portfolios can grow unexpectedly fast .. lol).

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Lots of good info...jump in and share insights when you feel the urge!

•••
•••
•••
Hello DomainMembrane

Welcome to NP , let's learn together in this forum

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back