Dynadot

Domaining went from 10 sales per day to 100 sales per day. What's going on?

NameSilo
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
It seems like domain sales have exploded lately. If you look at 2014 sales you'll see there was an average of about 7 to 10 sales a day. As of lately there's an average seems to be around 70 to 120 sales per day and even more sometimes....

Besides the obvious explosion of CHIPs in domaining, does anyone have an additional explanation as to why sales have exploded? This all happened so fast and it really is amazing!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There were a lot more than 7 to 10 sales per day back in 2014. With that being said, in my personal opinion, sedo.com was awful platform back in the day to try and sell domains. Now there are many new domain auction sites (like flippa.com) were you can sell domains along with other forums which allow folks to sell domains.

•••
Just 10 sales per day? D-: I'm pretty sure I saw around half of that or more just on NamePros alone.

•••
My guess is that @Winfluence is talking about sales recorded on Namebio (+$100 only on certain platforms).

I think domaining did explode in 2015; certainly the Chinese stuff exploded.

•••
I think sales are certainly more overall but also reporting got better.

If the Chinese start buying keyword based domains this market will go crazy in a good way.

•••
I think it's combination of factors:

Chinese domain market boom
Better reporting
Explosion of Net TLD's
Market Hype
Apart from domainers, building a website is getting easier and easier and more and more people are learning to put up sites either for personal use or business use.

•••
I think it's combination of factors:

Chinese domain market boom
Better reporting
Explosion of Net TLD's
Market Hype
Apart from domainers, building a website is getting easier and easier and more and more people are learning to put up sites either for personal use or business use.

Logical. Wondering how this could be quantified, with some fomulae, to determine % share of each factor in the total hike. It will make an excellent research write-up.

•••
Sorry about that. I wasn't into domaining in 2014 maybe thats why so less sales.

•••
It seems like domain sales have exploded lately. If you look at 2014 sales you'll see there was an average of about 7 to 10 sales a day. As of lately there's an average seems to be around 70 to 120 sales per day and even more sometimes....

Besides the obvious explosion of CHIPs in domaining, does anyone have an additional explanation as to why sales have exploded? This all happened so fast and it really is amazing!

Of the factors mentioned by @deez007, methinks market hype
and speculations take the lion share. The explosion is too sudden, too volatile and too unnatural. Sooner than later things must stabilize.

"Invisible hand" of the market must come into play to establish equilibrium.
"An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations" - Adam Smith, 1776.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back