Domaining is all about Timing

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
446
Being in this business is all about timing and patience. Sometimes the timing is brilliant. You register a domain name and within weeks or even days an end-user comes a calling.

Sometimes its frustrating. Selling a domain name and just after completing the sale an offer comes in for substantially more. I can tell you - that hurts especially when the difference is to the tune of x,xxx.

sigh...
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
advaita said:
Well I sold my first .tv for $250 - I was so shocked to get an offer I just said 'yes' - afterwards I thought maybe I should have said 'not enough'

If I may ask, what was the domain?
 
0
•••
Sometimes it's about $.

A BIN price of mid 6 figure for a .com was put on table, sigh... I have no that amount of $ & courage to spend. Months later, it's sold for $1.1 million ... and being reported everywhere ...
 
0
•••
owntype said:
Sometimes it's about $.

A BIN price of mid 6 figure for a .com was put on table, sigh... I have no that amount of $ & courage to spend. Months later, it's sold for $1.1 million ... and being reported everywhere ...


I'm a little lost in the translation ...

Did you sell for $$$,$$$ ? If so then congrats on that!
Did you sell months later for the 1.1? If so the CONGRATS :!: on that.


We are talking about $USD? :]
namenut
 
0
•••
namenut said:
I'm a little lost in the translation ...

Did you sell for $$$,$$$ ? If so then congrats on that!
Did you sell months later for the 1.1? If so the CONGRATS :!: on that.


We are talking about $USD? :]
namenut

I think owntype was going after a name, but the owner asked for $XXX,XXXX...he didn't have the available money or confidence in the name to make the purchase.

Later, the name sold for $1M+, representing a potential of a large profit, if he had bought the name (and negotiations had gone the same).

Lots of ifs, hard to beat yourself up about it.

-Justin
 
0
•••
0
•••
jhansen said:
I think owntype was going after a name, but the owner asked for $XXX,XXXX...he didn't have the available money or confidence in the name to make the purchase.

Later, the name sold for $1M+, representing a potential of a large profit, if he had bought the name (and negotiations had gone the same).

Lots of ifs, hard to beat yourself up about it.

-Justin

I think I'd kill myself over this had it been me...
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back