IT.COM

advice Domaining does get better with time.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single day I get lists sent to me by new domainers wanting to sell their domains. Sometimes I wonder what people were thinking when they came up with these lists of questionable domains and it got me wondering. So I went back through a bunch of old lists of when I first started about 3 years ago and found my very first list of 154 domains that I either handregged or bought in a Godaddy expiring auction. Needless to say I was floored when I realized how bad my choices were in the beginning. I went back through this list to see how many I would want knowing what I know now about what constitutes a good brandable domain. Out of 154 domains I would only want 25 of them now. Yes I would only want 16% of those names now! Luckily I sold a bunch of these which paid for all the bad ones but I realized that in the beginning I wasn't very good at domaining either.

The reason I am writing this is to tell those who are new to brandables and domaining to keep fighting and don't give up. Getting good at anything takes time, patience and sometimes money. Keep reading, keep learning whatever you can whenever you can. Study every single name that sells on GD auctions, Namejet, Flippa etc… There is more information in analyzing what sells and for how much then anything you will ever read. I spend at least 2 hours every single day including Saturday and Sunday reading old posts on Namepros, studying the brandable marketplaces, reading the viable domain blogs etc………You will get better at this if you put in the effort.

Keep fighting because domaining does get better with time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice Post! Can you say what are your first 3 metrics you use to valuate and judge the sold names?
Ty
Since I'm in the brandable niche the main things I look at are length, how it sounds, how it looks, and if it's keyword based. Traffic, age, etc…play no part in how I analyze names.

•••
You are absolutely right, but I can tell you, it feels so good to have random offers for a domain you have. Which makes me hold unto it longer, cause I think if I let it go - they will probably sell it for much more. How do I escape this mentality ?

•••
Registering domains for more than 10 years, in early times for my own websites. And didn't clearly see the potential in domain market that time.

Wahhaaa.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back