NameSilo

Domainer who won a UDRP 6 years ago now has a 50,000 Euro payday

Labeled as sales in Domain Industry News started by equity78, Apr 2, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The top sale this week on Sedo was AppleGreen.com for 50,000 Euros or $56,005. The domain still points to Sedo parking page but when I checked the whois on DomainIQ all the info is redacted for GDPR except for the country and that shows IE, (Ireland). There is a website at applegreen.ie. Well that leads me to believe that the Irish company that brought a UDRP against the domain owner back in 2013 … [Read more...]

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. keston57

keston57 Established Member

Thanks for the information, it brings to mind the Queen.com case.
    Some people think if they have a name registered in one obscure extention then they have a trademarked.

3. Grego85

Grego85 Quality.Domains VIP

HaHa! Nice to see karma in action! I imagine it is rare to get one company to finally pay up for a name after years of animosity. That is the other problem with trademark issues and UDRPs, even if you win, you still have a name that could create problems for whomever might purchase it. Nice to see this domainer got what they deserved. Well earned!

Also want to say, @equity78, you are killing it lately with the awesome content! Thanks for all of the interesting reads!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  4. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Top Member VIP

Thanks for sharing

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

@Grego85 took the words out of my mind about @equity78 killing it with great content lately! (and well always :xf.wink:) In fact I had just tweeted essentially that with a link to this story. It is reassuring as a domain investor to see how this one came out. Thanks so much for telling us all about it!
    Bob

6. Soofi

Soofi Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Domainer or domain owner stood his ground, and got the best outcome!

Edit: Tweeted and shared in our Whatsapp groups as well!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice