Dynadot

discuss Domain VS App

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
  • With the rapid development of APP, is domain name still valuable?
Now you can access it directly through your APP, so you don't need to enter the domain name

• I'd really like to know what do you think about this,every domainers
  • thanks for every feedback:xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can anyone give us some ideas?

•••
Maybe PWA can better combine the advantages of both in the future. Domain names will not be out of date, at least within ten years.

•••
Maybe PWA can better combine the advantages of both in the future. Domain names will not be out of date, at least within ten years.

thanks for your sharing
But ,sorry I dont understand What is a PWA:xf.frown:

•••
Apps don't make sense for about 99% of businesses, especially for small business.

Domains are cheap and easy to develop. An app is expensive to develop and hard to get people to install for some niche use.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Apps don't make sense for about 99% of businesses, especially for small business.

Domains are cheap and easy to develop. An app is expensive to develop and hard to get people to install for some niche use.

Brad
YES
I couldn't agree with you more.I benefited a lot from your advice

Now, if you think about it, the apps That I use the most are payments and videos

About business, there are almost no apps

thanks for your sharing,thank you very much

have a good day ,Brad

•••
Part of the infrastructure required to run an app requires domain names and dns, also something that most people do not talk about is how important having a business email address is, you can have an app however the corporate and business world runs on emails and having a domain name for that is a must.

•••
Part of the infrastructure required to run an app requires domain names and dns, also something that most people do not talk about is how important having a business email address is, you can have an app however the corporate and business world runs on emails and having a domain name for that is a must.
After that, will the development of APP replace the website? After all, APP is only a click away
Now people can also use Twitter or WeChat to communicate, and they don't use email anymore

•••
happy new year to all of you

•••
pwa represents Progressive Web App.
.App domain name may be the trend in the near future.

•••
pwa represents Progressive Web App.
.App domain name may be the trend in the near future.

thanks for your reply
  • I mean, isn't it more convenient to have apps on your phone now?

• by the way,What APP do you often use? I usually use APP to order takeout:xf.grin:
have a good day

•••
thanks for your reply
  • I mean, isn't it more convenient to have apps on your phone now?

• by the way,What APP do you often use? I usually use APP to order takeout:xf.grin:
have a good day

PWAs perform like native apps. A PWA allows users to add an icon to the home screen of their smartphones, just like installing a native app. Users can then simply visit via the icon in the future, no need to visit via web browser.

The development cost of PWAs is generally less than that of native app. Also, PWAs generally need less than 1MB storage, which is much less than native apps (X-XXX MB). PWAs can now perform most of app features.

Many companies, such as Alibaba, Twitter, Pinterest, Starbucks and Spotify, have adopted PWAs and had successful outcomes, such as higher conversion rate, lower bounce rate, more active users, higher revenue and so on. You can find some successful stories of PWAs: https://www.tigren.com/examples-progressive-web-apps-pwa/

PWAs are replacing native apps and mobile websites to some extent, and .app is the extension that best fits PWAs.

Last edited:
•••
PWAs perform like native apps. A PWA allows users to add an icon to the home screen of their smartphones, just like installing a native app. Users can then simply visit via the icon in the future, no need to visit via web browser.

The development cost of PWAs is generally less than that of native app. Also, PWAs generally need less than 1MB storage, which is much less than native apps (X-XXX MB). PWAs can now perform most of app features.

Many companies, such as Alibaba, Twitter, Pinterest, Starbucks and Spotify, have adopted PWAs and had successful outcomes, such as higher conversion rate, lower bounce rate, more active users, higher revenue and so on. You can find some successful stories of PWAs: https://www.tigren.com/examples-progressive-web-apps-pwa/

PWAs are replacing native apps and mobile websites to some extent, and .app is the extension that best fits PWAs.

thanks for your sharing,thank you so much
  • Is your work related to PWA? This looks convenient

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back