IT.COM

question Domain virgin

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Richard Cartwright

Impact
Hey All.

I am incredibly fresh and new to domains and investing in domains.

what are the 4 or 5 best pieces of advice when it comes to selling domains and how many per month do you sell or plan to sell?

I am very much looking forward to meeting you all on here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everyone starts somewhere.

There are always going to be opportunities. I would not rush and read a lot before you really jump in.

Also, have realistic expectations. This is a highly competitive field where success requires hard work, consistency, and good decision making.

If you have realistic expectations and are willing to learn you can probably do well.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
how many per month do you sell or plan to sell?
What exactly do you mean by this? Are you looking to flip domains quickly?

I would honestly prefer a 1 million dollar domain sale in the span of a year to selling 100 $100 domains every month for one year.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with "expectation". Do not overly expect that it's easy. There would be days that's easy and there would months that is not.

When my first attempt to sell a domain and it got right sold right away for $100. That sale gave me a twisted expectation, I thought it was easy to sell domains. Then the successive domains weren't sold.

•••
Welcome RichardCartwright..

•••
Welcome to the world of domaining. Hopefully, you are passionate enough to stick it out until your first sale.

giphy.gif

I think you should have high expectations of yourself, but you should also be prepared to play the waiting game.

1. Domain investing can be rewarding but I think where many people go wrong is following the ideologies of other domainers. You should have discernment when it comes to the advice you take from others.

2. READ, READ, READ, READ, READ

3.Since you are new, the first thing I tell every single one of my clients is to take baby steps. Start small. Meaning only focus on finding that one domain that is high quality, brandable, and ready for someone to swoop up. Selling one high-quality domain name a year for $100,000 is better than trying to sell multiple ones for $100 each.

4. Make your domain name as valuable as you can. The more valuable the better.

5. Understand what makes a domain name special. Do keyword analysis, audience potential research, etc (or pay someone to do it for you)

6. Figure out who you want to sell to, as well as the market your domain name will fit into. That will determine the price tag.

There is so much that goes into not only buying a domain name but selling it. Most people fail by buying junk and buying lots of it.

Don't lean on your own understanding, find out what buyers want and give it to them.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back