Dynadot

advice Domain Transfer

NameSilo
Watch

Cryptghost

Established Member
Impact
Hi

I am trying to transfer my domain to another person at another registrar, transfer out of Enom to namecheap.

- Domain is out of 60 day lock
- all account locks unlocked for domain
- the code has been requested and sent to new person
- code has been used through namecheap
- I received email stating move, I confirmed it
- but the transfer is rejected

Help!!! What am I doing wrong I have followed all the instructions, how do I get this. Domain transferred?

Can anyone help?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How long ago did you do this? It can take up to 5 days for the domain transfer to complete.

•••
It took a few hours but the person I am sending too received a fail notification after I approved transfer. It says that the transfer has failed

•••
It took a few hours but the person I am sending too received a fail notification after I approved transfer. It says that the transfer has failed
Such notification usually states the reason for transfer failure.

•••
Did you change whois info before you started transfer? Did the email give a code or reason the transfer failed? Sometimes the approve emails are super confusing, did the buyer get one as well? They might have clicked the wrong link too, especially if the whois is changing during the transfer

You might just be better off getting on live chat with NameCheap, might be buyer is better off initiating chat.

The other option is transfer it to yourself at NameCheap first, then just do a push to buyer, if buyer is OK with that and the sale is worth the transfer cost or buyer agrees to send you the cost.

•••
...The other option is transfer it to yourself at NameCheap first, then just do a push to buyer, if buyer is OK with that and the sale is worth the transfer cost or buyer agrees to send you the cost.
^^^ This! ^^^ Surefire method :cigar:

•••
Check the email again, Enom.com would let you know the reason transfer failure.

Last edited:
•••
Canceled - Invalid EPP/authorization key - Please contact current registrar to obtain correct key

•••
Canceled - Invalid EPP/authorization key - Please contact current registrar to obtain correct key
Maybe you has copied with one space character added in the front or behind of the authorization code from the email that Enom.com has sent to your mailbox.

•••
yes @Sinh the extra spaces get me OR commas sometimes the gaining registrar sees commas as a separator, so annoying.

@Cryptghost - your buyer is the one initiating the transfer, correct? So let them know these hints, is your buyer a domainer or not?

•••
I would recommend you to forward the email with EPP code to the buyer. Sometimes new eyes see the correct things :)

•••
Buyer is a domaines, I will let them know, thanks for your advice, really appreciate ir

•••
It is easy to enter the Auth code incorrectly if they are doing cut and paste (extra spaces), or hand typing (adding or missing a character). Tell them to do it carefully.

•••
Also these codes are not permanent, they can be autoregenerated at any time.

•••
Once in my case the similar thing happened so i requested a new authorization code and then my problem was solved

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back