Dynadot

Domain Trader Script Experience?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

chickenfillet

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I have seen a number of people using the Domain Trader Script, and I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have any experience with using it? Does it work and not break? What is the support like?
2. Does anyone have a second-hand license they could sell to me?
3. If secondhand is not available, is it worth the $3,000 price tag, or should I rather go with a custom made script for $3,000?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not WP + wooCommerce? There are plenty of free themes, plugins. The final result depends on your imagination.

•••
Will recommend Wordpress + Woocommerce.

•••
Will Woocommerce work for multiple people listing domains or websites?

Or is Woocommerce only for a domain portfolio?

•••
Pure Woocommerce could be mainly used for your portfolio. But, I can see there are multiple plugins that transform it to a multiple vendors platform. Just search for "Woocommerce multiple vendors". Many of them are paid, but it's cheaper than $3k

•••
Used it many years ago when the price was $300ish and not $1995 for the middle one. Looked nice and worked fine and was a good lesson in Smarty. Think I abandoned it as was more looking for something for my own domains only and not so much to have other users add their domains as well.

Might have been a few things I didn't feel were 100% on it but been years so don't recall exactly what my issues were with it. Most of the demo sites I've seen that have used it eventually go to something else so think others find things they don't like 100% as well. Haven't really seen too many stick with it for years.

At the $300ish range back then was worth a go, at $1995 or $2995 might be better off doing something custom. I don't have the current version though so can't comment on coding of the latest script.

Last edited:
•••
have you taken a look HTMLpie?

I haven't bought it yet but plan to.

looks good and it's cheap.

even has option to have your own Auction for each domain within your site.

Skip paying for putting domains at auction. (SCAM)

although. no traffic like Godaddy or Sedo.

•••
Back