Dynadot

Drop Script Program

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I' m looking for some type of drop script program to catch names as they are released. Does anyone have any experience using some type of drop script program. I realize that going up against Pool, Namewinner and the others that I won't have a high success rate, if any at all, but it might be worth a try.
Any sugggestions as to which ones work and pricing would be helpful.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should take a look at www.dropscripts.com and its sister site, www.dropscript.com.

www.domain-trap.com is another one.

you won't able to beat the big players in grabbing first- and second-tier domain names. then again, playing the domain game is like playing the lottery. you never know.

good luck.

•••
•••
I was able to grab some fairly good domains with a script which my partner developed. I was able to beat pool and namewinner on those occassions. Names like intoxicate.net, brainiacs.net, and servitudes.com as a few example. I happened to grab sportbriefs.com today. But don't expect to grab names of high caliber like cars.com, sex.com, business.com, etc. But you never know, a script might worth your while if you don't have high expectations.

•••
wow dropscript costs 350 dollars. LOL my budget was 100 dollars. Anyhow , its nice to know that there is some good script out there. :)

•••
Originally posted by xsinner
I was able to grab some fairly good domains with a script which my partner developed. I was able to beat pool and namewinner on those occassions. Names like intoxicate.net, brainiacs.net, and servitudes.com as a few example. I happened to grab sportbriefs.com today. But don't expect to grab names of high caliber like cars.com, sex.com, business.com, etc. But you never know, a script might worth your while if you don't have high expectations.

What registrar do you use? I know enom has "speedbumps" in place so you cannot abuse their system. What other registrar would grant you that kind of access.

•••
Originally posted by Riceman
What registrar do you use? I know enom has "speedbumps" in place so you cannot abuse their system. What other registrar would grant you that kind of access.

I am using enom as my registar. You can do a whois on my domains. You are right. There aren't any other registrars out there that would let us spam their whois servers. A NP member mentioned that dotregistrar would be the other alternative to enom. My partner and I are looking into that.

Enom imposes a one query per second restriction. So there's no way for us to get first and second tier domains. The ones I grabbed would rank no higher than third tier. I think there are about five tiers in the ranking system.

I'm sure there are folks on NP who are using enom scripts. Would you guys share what kind of domains you have grabbed using scripts? This would give all of us a good picture of what to expect if we are looking to spend money on scripts.

•••
I was thinking of trying directi to see if they have a block like enom. The success rate would go up even of the threshol was not as low as enom

•••
I also use a drop script through Enom, it only really catches domains that probably do not get other backorders on.
So far it has caught :
findhost.info
LADYCELEBRITIES.COM
frictionrecords.com
themomstore.com

It also got close with a few ( it noticed that they had become available but did not manage to register them in time ) :
musicandgames.com
lifeenrichment.com
PHOTOPRINTERS.COM

All the best

Richard

•••
Why not just use club drop. Is this easier than writing your own script?

•••
I do use Club Drop as well :)

•••
Originally posted by Riceman
Why not just use club drop. Is this easier than writing your own script?

Club Drop and similar services are great if you win the domain bidding. But you might end up paying dearly for that domain.

Scripts can be a great thing if you don't want to pay exorbitant costs for a low profile domain. Simple domain registration fee would do.

Originally posted by bitshack
I do use Club Drop as well :)

I sometimes use Pool and SnapNames to hedge my bets.

•••
Yes, with enoms restrictions the chances of beating the big guys are slight. The thought process is the more resources you have
going, the better the odds. If the enom scripts simply catch a few domains it quickly justifies the price. We have several different variations of enom scripts and do pretty well with them. I have been testing with the .info, .us, and .biz and have consistenly been able to snap 3 letter names for those tld's.

•••
Question ???

OK, if I had say 10 or 12 computers running a good script simultaneously for the same name, will it increase my chances of getting some premium names if they have Snapnames or Namewienner monitoring them?

Also, how do they know you are spamming their who-is database? Do they go by your IP address. Is there a way to run several instances of a script on one computer to increase your chances?

Brian

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back