NameSilo

Domain Sales Section : Fixed/Make Offer

Labeled as marketplace in Suggestions and Feedback, started by Blake, Jun 27, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Blake

Blake Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hello Namepros Staff,

I wanted to bring up a possible solution to what I can see is a major problem with the domain "for sale" section on the forum. The main problem that I see for now is the sales section has turned into a boneyard of endless bumps on domains that are not going to sell if it's been bumped 50 times. I view these sections all the time and have noticed I spend less and less time on the forum because it's always the same threads. At what point does it become counterintuitive to allow bumps on old threads?

Now that's the problem that I am seeing. Let me try to explain what I feel would be a good solution. Lets say you start a thread and once you have reached say 30 days with no other comments from other members it gets placed in a new area ie "archive" of sorts. The only way to avoid this would be to have another member comment or bid/buy one or many of your domains. It would be my hope that this would stop the clogging up of sales threads with endless bumps that bury the real gems that are posted. I just feel like members are missing out on deals they never see as most buyers don't go past page 1 or 2 I would imagine.

So it's my hope that some outside of the box thinking and changes could revitalize the sales area because as it stands it's simply pointless to post a sale thread when it will be buried in a few hours with threads that are going on for months/years of bumping.

Feedback is appreciated and I hope I explained this clearly...been a very long day!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

We’ve brought this topic to discussion, many many times and always, fascinating to discuss.

I will: @
    @Bravo Mod Team
    @Alfa Mod Team
    @Echo Mod Team &
    @Paul

If it was up to me, i’d cap it to “10 pages” unless you update to Gold, you get 20, and if you add “Platinum option” ($10 month) to give them endless bumps, at least give right to “endless bumps” but it is sooooo annoying.
    I’ve always thought myself as “laissez-faire” until face-to-face with endless “UP” forever. —Against rules to say anything. in their thread. So, thank God, you pulled it up here.

Pray,they dont keep their heads buried in sand

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  3. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I think if no interest in 30 days the domain(s) ought to be closed automatically. Although I know this is "sensible" it won't fly with the mods. Maybe the top tier (most expensive) forums could be 2 months. You should be happy if other domainers don't look past 2 pages. I at least go to 8 pages. 99+% of the time there is nothing to see. I'm against payed-for upgrades too, in general. But I am persuadable. They need to make sense though :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  4. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

Well there's a couple members working around this in an attempt to keep their listings fresh. Basically closing the thread after a day of bump n' grind, and creating a new one right away on the same name(s).

The method seems to keep their listing always on the first page so never loses positioning and doesn't have endless bumps within the thread.

But while seemingly "fresh", it still buries other genuine listings whom aren't keen on mindless repetition for positioning.

Either way, bump or re-list I agree it looks silly and crowded but in the end that's their perogative and our choice to look/track or not. Sometimes we have to dig for the good stuff.

5. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

6. Bravo Mod Team

Bravo Mod Team Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

Hello,

There are two features we plan to introduce that we believe will solve these issues:
    • A bump button so that bumps will not be posts that clog up listings.
    • An option to hide threads.

Will those be sufficient?

7. Blake

Can you elaborate on these features? How will they work? Please let me know a bit more about these features. It's hard to say based off what you have said thus far. Also, please take this as a thank you for looking into these issues...it's not an easy fix but I appreciate your efforts.

8. Blake

@Bravo Mod Team

Any update on my questions? Just checking in to see what you meant is all.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice